Player topic: Eliaquim Mangala (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wio Gumflapdinand said:
Davs 19 said:
Mancitybluemoon1 said:
I completely respected your reply until that last line......then I stopped taking you seriously......thanks for your comments

You're very welcome.

“The human brain is a complex organ with the wonderful power of enabling man to find reasons for continuing to believe whatever it is that he wants to believe.”
― Voltaire

Enjoy the rest of the evening.
Obviously looking to come across as smart, only ended up coming across as a smarmy smartarse

Quality input & thanks for adding to the debate.

Wio Gumflapdinand said:
Davs 19 said:
Mancitybluemoon1 said:
You get slagged off for having a view, which seems to end up being a bigger focus than the topic being discussed......I pretty much respect that everyone has a view and we don't all have to agree but others seem to think because your view is different, then you don't have a clue what your talking about.....I see a lot of "newies" come on here and get shot down in this way, then they stop having a view(opinion)......I can take it, find it funny but often cant be arsed trying to justify my opinion to a few that clearly don't know what they are talking about....

I've run that through Google translate and think I understand it.

I'm all for different opinions and healthy debate.

You very rarely seem to have an opinion, you rehash old news stories, often purport to agree with/ believe them, and then when someone challenges you, you back track at a rate of knots.

For the record, you will never find me 'slagging somebody off' for having a view. I may disagree with it, I may debate it but always respect their right to it.

I would love you to take the time to 'justify your opinion', my point is you rarely seem to have one and when challenged, you reply with the sort of watery bollocks above this post.

Anyway, off you trot to trawl the Internet to come up with your next opinion.
How about you take fantasylandireland up on his point that he knows that "Mangala is light years ahead of what Rekik will ever be, or does his shit taste sweeter?. As we know Mangalas not played well, Pellegrinis stated he's not had best of starts, every pundit or observer with two eyes has seen it and even the bloody player said his form has been below standard...yet still a couple of lads have him on a pedastel where you shall not criticise the player for shit form when he does play.Where as Rekik is 19, not really played for us yet, but has international cap and done very well on loan.
Regards Mangala it doesn't matter if we paid ten or 50 million, he's not really been good so far. Hope he does come good, but not holding my breath. So if he's been crap and we forked out whatever, then obviously many fans would wish the money was used better just like Mathias Vouso, Santa Cruz, Samaras (to name a few) eye watering fees hurt

How about you let me decide who I talk to ?

On a separate note, I'm sorry but I can't see the connection between what you've just posted and my conversation with MCBM1. It wasn't about Mangala or his price.

FI and me have often had a rather fractious relationship on here and I think it's fair to say we've disagreed more than we've agreed but if you're telling me he thinks Mangala is substantially better than Rekik , I wouldn't challenge that as I think he's on the money. If I've misunderstood your post apologies.

Davs 19 said:
Wio Gumflapdinand said:
Davs 19 said:
You're very welcome.

“The human brain is a complex organ with the wonderful power of enabling man to find reasons for continuing to believe whatever it is that he wants to believe.”
― Voltaire

Enjoy the rest of the evening.
Obviously looking to come across as smart, only ended up coming across as a smarmy smartarse

Yeah loving your quality input smarm.
Run that through your google translator.
Oh and you do know the thread is about Mangala don't you and its not the "picking apart and insulting another poster just to make yourself feel good" thread.
Anyway back to Mangala, is he still injured?, as if he ever is going to come good he'll not do from the bench or treatment table.

Yeah, I'd be tempted to start him on Saturday too. Obviously Demichelis hasn't done anything wrong, but Mangala needs games to improve his confidence and get used to the Premiership. Hull at home is as good an opportunity as any.

FantasyIreland said:
And you too are missing the point Dax.....yes the squad needed summer surgery,however,it was correctly,imo,decided the centre half position was most in need of quality talent,and not left wing or left back or anywhere else........The opportunity to sign the most sought after player in the game,and one whose attributes,after months of analysis and scouting,were deemed best suited to compliment our style and philosophy was there......so we took it.

To say he's 'not a starter' is also nonsense.Pellegrini,as evidenced,will do so as and when he see's fit.

Had we gone into the season with the previous compliment of options we would have been preparing to fail,subsequently,the weakness was addressed with a player of enormous quality.Its beyond bizarre that people cant recognize such,instead choosing to focus on the OTT criticism of his occasional errors that have been exaggerated by agenda driven media sources.
How on earth was he the most sought after player in the game, you must be on a wind up..aren't you?, nobody in "the game" gave a damn Sakho got picked ahead of the most sought after one during the World Cup. As for media exaggerating his mistakes, great now I know who to blame next time he blunders.
I remember before he signed a Porto fan on here said he's decent but prone to one or two big mistakes nearly every game. Fair assessment so far that of his career here too, unfortunately one mistake usually gets you punished as centre back in this league.
Anyway as Dax777 said it's not we think he's absolutely shit but that much money could have been spent better, if you think that's wrong then I don't know, but I thought our club had moved on from throwing stupid money around. It wasn't a fair valuation of the player, it was a completely ridiculous valuation for a young defender from a poor league with just a handful of international caps and it hasn't helped the player either. We should have walked away from that price and waited or bought someone cheaper

Mancitybluemoon1 said:
53.8mil euros was the actual fee?....wow!!!...Porto must be laughing all the way to the bank.......

<a class="postlink" href="http://themaineblues.com/2015/02/04/interview-with-the-times-james-ducker/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://themaineblues.com/2015/02/04/int ... es-ducker/</a>

"I think Bony will offer them something different up front but I’m still struggling to understand how the club could pay €53.8 million euros for Mangala – and City have confirmed privately that was the actual fee. You don’t pay that sort of money for very raw potential, especially not when there was a talented left-footed centre-half four years Mangala’s junior on the books already. Is Mangala really that much better than Karim Rekik? I’m not so sure and would have liked to see Rekik given a go"

Just so I can understand your point. Are you saying the City scouting system and management board haven't got a clue?

Wio Gumflapdinand said:
Davs 19 said:
Wio Gumflapdinand said:

Yeah loving your quality input smarm.
Run that through your google translator.
Oh and you do know the thread is about Mangala don't you and its not the "picking apart and insulting another poster just to make yourself feel good" thread.
Anyway back to Mangala, is he still injured?, as if he ever is going to come good he'll not do from the bench or treatment table.

Irony, especially when unintentional, is always amusing.

You've surpassed yourself there 'Wio' ;.)

Top job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.