Player topic: Eliaquim Mangala (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prestwich_Blue said:
SuperMario's Fireworks. said:
Should start ever game if he's fit. Feel more comfortable with him and Demichelis than I do Kompany.
Mangala and Demichelis is our best centre-back pairing at the moment.

I'm still trying to work out who Demichelis was passing to on that Hull goal....I agree he has been solid but still think he has been below his normal standard of play in many games this season....we seem to be making stupid mistakes....if it isn't Mangala, its Demichelis or Kompany making errors at important times......I don't think we have one player that can say they've played near their best this past month......fingers crossed that West ham win today....the thought of the rags over taking us is scary!!

Good player at the minute who will become a key player for years to come. Although he is currently not an upgrade on Vinny or Demichellis.

However, whoever was in charge of the transfers and decided to spend all of our summer budget on three players who are not yet ready/ good enough to start in our first 11 wants sacking.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Should start ever game if he's fit. Feel more comfortable with him and Demichelis than I do Kompany.

Correct me if I'm wrong but we were solid at the back in December iirc, mainly a Demi-Mangala partnership. I know we played the dregs of the league but we still looked more assured.

Mister Appointment said:
bigkatnyc said:
I'm of the opinion that he's not going to improve sitting on bench. He needs game experience to acclimate to the speed/physicality of prem.

Of all the baffling parts about yesterday's team selection, no Mangala was the most baffling as far as I'm concerned.
Maybe it's because he's not good enough to merit a place ahead of Demichelis and the team captain?.

Wio Gumflapdinand said:
Mister Appointment said:
bigkatnyc said:
I'm of the opinion that he's not going to improve sitting on bench. He needs game experience to acclimate to the speed/physicality of prem.

Of all the baffling parts about yesterday's team selection, no Mangala was the most baffling as far as I'm concerned.
Maybe it's because he's not good enough to merit a place ahead of Demichelis and the team captain?.

Why sign a defender for £32m - in some outlets, £42m - who isn't good enough?

Wio Gumflapdinand said:
Mister Appointment said:
bigkatnyc said:

I assumed MP had decided to give Managala a bit of a break before bringing him back at Stoke, when he would probably look to rotate some players in any case.

If he's genuinely fallen behind Demichellis in the pecking order, wouldnt he have played against Boro?

dont think pelle has balls to put the captain to the bench for Mangala. but based on form he should give place not Demichelis. So against Stoke its either Demi-Kompany again or Mangala-Kompany.

To be fair its hard to see we get a clean sheet at Stoke. Their set pieces, aerial ability with Crouch, some of their counters surely will give them chances where we will look completely lost and panic will kick in...
Even Hull didnt have to have 10 attacks, only 2-3 to make our defenders look pub league level...

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/feb/09/manchester-city-eliaquim-mangala-inconsistency" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... onsistency</a>

Headline: Manchester City’s Eliaquim Mangala admits inconsistency since £42m move

First line: "Eliaquim Mangala has admitted he has been too inconsistent since his record £32m transfer to Manchester City"

Yet more quality from Jamie Jackson.

Mancitybluemoon1 said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

I'm still trying to work out who Demichelis was passing to on that Hull goal....I agree he has been solid but still think he has been below his normal standard of play in many games this season....we seem to be making stupid mistakes....if it isn't Mangala, its Demichelis or Kompany making errors at important times......I don't think we have one player that can say they've played near their best this past month......fingers crossed that West ham win today....the thought of the rags over taking us is scary!!
Milner and Clichy have played well pretty much every game since October, bar the odd half a game here and there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.