Player topic: Eliaquim Mangala (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be the first to revive this thread if Eli had another one of those games where he looked like a non-league centre-half. He was good tonight, even if he still exhibited some of the traits that have worried a lot of us.

Well done to The Mangler; who knows how this season will end - for us and him,

Many will argue that Mangala should be lining up alongside Demi based on form and while there is an argument for that I feel that from now on we just have to say that our centre backs are Kompany and Mangala. It may seem extremely harsh on Demi but put simply he is not the future. If, as seems increasingly likely we are unable to overhaul Chelsea and retain the title then I at least want to us to be in a position at the start of next season where we know who our CB pairing is!

Very pleased with the way he swept up for all the other defenders today, as they bloody needed it. He's still prone to getting a bit rattled, as everyone else did today for a bit, but when he's calm he's a real asset, able to not just do his job, but help others with theirs as well.

Ballymagash Blue said:
I'd be the first to revive this thread if Eli had another one of those games where he looked like a non-league centre-half. He was good tonight, even if he still exhibited some of the traits that have worried a lot of us.

Well done to The Mangler; who knows how this season will end - for us and him,

Haters gonna hate

Better than Kompany tonight, still a bit iffy here and there but good from him. He needs a run of games.

Bluekiwi said:
J_Bow said:
Better than Kompany tonight, still a bit iffy here and there but good from him. He needs a run of games.
Exactly

I agree - I gave him a 6 tonight - the rest of the defence a 5 each. First 20 mins all at sea.

I dread to think of him playing against barca. I thought he was very clumsy again tonight and more than once gave it away in dangerous positions trying to pass it out from the back.
It's like having two fernandos on the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.