Player topic: Eliaquim Mangala (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Mangala

Started well today but worryingly got shitter and shitter as the game went on.

If we don't sort the defence out we not going to retain the title.

Eli's second half performance today was atrocious. There is just no way this guy is good enough to play for a side that wants to win the prem and the champs' league. If we've made a mistake, we have to hold our hands up and admit it. It has to be VK and MDM for the rest of the season. Else we will pay a very heavy price.

He's not good enough and he is not going to "come good". Looks all over the place,no composure and turned inside out almost every week. Wasn't a booking today though,shit refereeing.

Ballymagash Blue said:
Eli's second half performance today was atrocious. There is just no way this guy is good enough to play for a side that wants to win the prem and the champs' league. If we've made a mistake, we have to hold our hands up and admit it. It has to be VK and MDM for the rest of the season. Else we will pay a very heavy price.

Martin was worst than mangala today, are you going to comment on his performance? I must be the only one who thought he played well.

Theo555 said:
Was marking Lukaku and the striker didn't score

Only because of Hart. Lukaku was turning Mangala inside out and had the better of him all game and he is the sort of striker he is supposed to be good against.

Played well first half, then struggled second. Not easy up against Lukaku, though.

He's got plenty of potential and I'm sure he'll come good. Getting a lot of slightly unfair criticism at the moment, perhaps because of the fee we paid for him, but he's been better than Demichelis in the past few weeks.

I've had high hopes for mangala since we've signed him, but I'm genuinely beginning to fear we have signed a dud. Second half today I thought he was atrocious. The way lukaku went past him a few times in and around the box really worries me. I was much more impressed with john stones at the other end. MDM, Clichy and Zabba were great tho.

He can't swivel his hips worth a damn. He urgently needs to fix that. It can be coached, but probably won't be as I've never heard a soccer coach talk about it, but it's a huge thing in American Football. It's painfully obvious that's what he is badly failing at.

Struggling to see how he can be held responsible for that result, given that we drew the game 1-1 with the goal being 100% Joe Harts fault, but I guess where there's a will there's a way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.