Player topic: Eliaquim Mangala (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I seem to remember when the january transfer window closed last year there was an outcry on here because we hadnt signed Mangala. the general concensus was we had blown our chance of winning the premier league by not signing him because according to many MDM was past it and rubbish. i believe Mangala will make a world class centre half. He needs to be playing in a settled defensive formation, playing alongside Vinnie regularly. Next season he will show why the club were willing to pay such a fee for him.

col1n said:
I seem to remember when the january transfer window closed last year there was an outcry on here because we hadnt signed Mangala. the general concensus was we had blown our chance of winning the premier league by not signing him because according to many MDM was past it and rubbish. i believe Mangala will make a world class centre half. He needs to be playing in a settled defensive formation, playing alongside Vinnie regularly. Next season he will show why the club were willing to pay such a fee for him.

Totally agree. Think, at the moment he needs the on pitch coaching, Kompany will give him.

Manchester_lalala said:
Awful today, sell him.

Got to start vs chelsea, demichellis as much as I like him, has been poor for a few weeks.

Martin probably playing too much for his age.

Mangala is quality, his price tag has put him under the microscope but "real" City fans cut him slack, he has made a few errors which are highlighted, his positional sense he will learn in the premier league with time and I wish he had started today to reinforce his recent top notch performances.

I'm a big fan of Mangala and I too believe he should have started yesterday,especially against the height and power of Mertesacker and Giroud.
Demichelis has begun to let mistakes creep back into his game,he had a shocker yesterday and i'm thinking he may well be showing signs of an inevitable decline.

Mangala is our future,and now Komps is back,the boss needs to concentrate on giving the pair as much game time as possible together,only then will we see their best.Chopping and changing,and I include our fullbacks in that.....is doing us,or the individual,no favours.

I was really disappointed with some of Martin's play today but he has been a good servant for us but has probably reached the stage of his career where he should be backup and on the bench.
But this is a Mangala thread so he should have started today. I agree with others who state that he needs to play alongside Vinny as much as possible. His youth and energy were sorely missing today. And I think Fernando plays better when they are both on the pitch.

Now i know that he hasn't been here long and he could turn out to be a decent buy but on his displays so far Porto have well and truly pulled our pants down with him and Fernando for £44 million , not good enough for where we want to be.

Should have started yesterday, not least with an eye to the Chelsea game.

Demichelis has been struggling for weeks, and was woeful yesterday. Probably too many games - looks like his legs are made of lead.

Gutted he didnt start yesterday. Thought he would have bullied Giroud out the game leaving Kompany and Fernando to deal with Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.