Player topic: Eliaquim Mangala (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thaksinssoldier said:
BigOscar said:
Literally the only one who looked bothered. Yes he charges around a bit when he's trying to get us back in the game, but he at least has the right attitude. A few more looking that bothered would have been lovely. The 4th goal is on him, but hardly surprising when you consider he's never been given a chance to settle in the system. When things are going wrong he tries too hard, which stands out like a sore thumb when no one else is trying hard enough

Nail on the head.

He needs a run of games so an INFORMED opinion can be formed. Still too soon for people to damn him the way they are.

For the first fifteen minutes of the second half, I thought he was our best player. Then the wheels came off, but Mangala's future is the least of our worries.

Just a friendly reminder that we sold a 21 year old Nastasic for £6,000,000 so we could spend the majority of our transfer budget on this guy. Great business by the board.

Absolute horseshit, said he was overrated at £32 million and I still think this.

For £32 Million we could have easily picked up Jan Vertonghen from Spurs, a tried and true BPL defender who plays on the left and is used to playing with Kompany for Belgium. But instead we got an unproven Frenchmen from Porto who had actually worsened since that Chelsea game

Scaring Europe to Death said:
Thaksinssoldier said:
BigOscar said:
Literally the only one who looked bothered. Yes he charges around a bit when he's trying to get us back in the game, but he at least has the right attitude. A few more looking that bothered would have been lovely. The 4th goal is on him, but hardly surprising when you consider he's never been given a chance to settle in the system. When things are going wrong he tries too hard, which stands out like a sore thumb when no one else is trying hard enough

Nail on the head.

He needs a run of games so an INFORMED opinion can be formed. Still too soon for people to damn him the way they are.

For the first fifteen minutes of the second half, I thought he was our best player. Then the wheels came off, but Mangala's future is the least of our worries.

It would help Mangala and Demichelis if we had a midfield who could actually be bothered to cover the back four.

@BluePhil8 said:
Just a friendly reminder that we sold a 21 year old Nastasic for £6,000,000 so we could spend the majority of our transfer budget on this guy. Great business by the board.

I said this so many fucking times. They said I was wrong. Anybody who thinks Mangala is even as good as Nastasic is just not very observant.

Pellegrini's tactics would make Cannavaro look bad, I kid you not. Swap Zouma and Mangala, people would be praising Mangala at Chelsea and calling Zouma a disastrous signing for us.

LoveCity said:
Pellegrini's tactics would make Cannavaro look bad, I kid you not. Swap Zouma and Mangala, people would be praising Mangala at Chelsea and calling Zouma a disastrous signing for us.

Agreed, defenders being looked shit because of those defensive tactics and offside traps. The offside trap only trap our defenders though.

City_Sean said:
Scaring Europe to Death said:
Thaksinssoldier said:
Nail on the head.

It would help Mangala and Demichelis if we had a midfield who could actually be bothered to cover the back four.

i agree, i thought this was the sole purpose of buying Fernando. We have hung both of these guys out to dry and end the season no wiser about them. Personally i would play Mangala and Fernando for all of our remaining games. If we were confident of spunking our buget on them then at least have the bollocks to play them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.