Player Topic: Eliaquim Mangala (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought he did well! Passing at times was suss but i think its a lot to do with manuel wanting us to.play proper football and not just lump it forward and that includes the defenders.

2A1914F500000578-0-image-a-49_1435622561158.jpg

Whoa! how small does Mangala look here alongside this freak of nature NBA player (Timofey Mozgov)

Can't believe Mangala is 6"2 haha....

Can we sign this giant for set pieces? Lol

Excellent tonight, probably helped by the fact Kompany was as well, noticed they backed off Lambert when the ball was coming into him just in case they lost the header and weren't left exposed. Seemed a lot less fancy stuff from both, a lot more clearances rather than trying to play out from the back. Lambert and Costa are similar players in that they both use their physicality rather than pace, so hopefully Manga can put in the same performance, if his performance vs Chelsea last season is anything to go by then Sunday is going to be fun.

Much better tonight, more like his debut against the chavs when he looked solid and dependable. It will help him immeasurably to have a calm, in form Vinny next to him helping him improve

His passing was the only thing I can criticize but even then he had a lovely through ball ahead to Kolarov. Defense looked much improved and he was very physical, he'll pick up some fouls and yellows this year but his natural instinct looks much better after last season. Wonder what the media will make of his performance...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.