Player Topic: Fabian Delph (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good player, remains to be seen if he will be good enough at the elite level. Still think Yaya is the only player we have who can control the game from central midfield and people are writing him off way too easily.

He's aquitted himself well so far. Little fuss, great engine and confident enough on the ball. Think he'll turn out to be an important cog in a squad spattered with superstars.

Very encouraging today and displayed a really good work ethic.

We have struggled in fixtures like this before where some of our players didn't take it seriously or believed it was beneath them. People like Delph can win us trophies and titles if they give us these sorts of performances against 'lesser' sides when others would coast.

Great again tonight. Expecting he'd of proved the majority on here who didn't want him and claimed he wasn't good enough for us wrong before Christmas.

Has Pellegrini got the balls to consider him and Dinho first choice now and use Yaya in a reduced capacity much like Lampard whilst he was with us? Can't see it personally, but for the good of both players and the team i hope he has.

He's replaced Milner in the side as the only player willing to make runs for Silva to thread the balls through to.

Thought he was pretty sloppy today tbh, both him and Fernandinho could have been a fair bit better with the ball. Still shows the value of having two energetic CM's though as even when they aren't at their best with the ball, they are still all over the pitch hassling and winning the ball back.

That is how I looked at it as well. Gave the ball away once or twice. Something he didn't do on Saturday, and not once in that cameo against Juve. I've been physically at the last 3 games and the discussion around Yaya and the midfield has been going for a while now.

I've paid a lot of attention to it this week and it's a question/problem I can't answer

Yaya is miles better than any of the other 3 in terms of possession and how he recycles the ball, and would generally bring the midfield together.

The other 3, certainly Delph, give the energy. From what I've seen I think to accommodate Yaya then it's one of Silva/Sterling/De Bruyne that doesn't start because I think moving forwards in a 4-5-1 we need a combination 2 from Delph/Fernando and Fernandinho sitting behind it. Personally, I don't think you can drop Silva or De Bruyne when fully fit. They are both better than Yaya.

I'm aware that is a contradiction, and I guess what I'm really saying is that Yaya is the 4th choice CM if we start Silva and De Bruyne.

I think Delph should now be one of the first names on the team sheet. Didn't think I'd say that 4 months ago

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.