Player Topic: Fabian Delph (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
First time I've seen him in a full game, good energy, average use of the ball, some good runs with the ball, but needs to use it much better.

Will be a nice energetic squad player, I think the enforced gradual introduction has eased him in nicely and he looked a confident bundle of energy tonight.

That is how I looked at it as well. Gave the ball away once or twice. Something he didn't do on Saturday, and not once in that cameo against Juve. I've been physically at the last 3 games and the discussion around Yaya and the midfield has been going for a while now.

I've paid a lot of attention to it this week and it's a question/problem I can't answer

Yaya is miles better than any of the other 3 in terms of possession and how he recycles the ball, and would generally bring the midfield together.

The other 3, certainly Delph, give the energy. From what I've seen I think to accommodate Yaya then it's one of Silva/Sterling/De Bruyne that doesn't start because I think moving forwards in a 4-5-1 we need a combination 2 from Delph/Fernando and Fernandinho sitting behind it. Personally, I don't think you can drop Silva or De Bruyne when fully fit. They are both better than Yaya.

I'm aware that is a contradiction, and I guess what I'm really saying is that Yaya is the 4th choice CM if we start Silva and De Bruyne.

I think Delph should now be one of the first names on the team sheet. Didn't think I'd say that 4 months ago
Delph over Dihno?

The new spine of the team: Hart, Oto, Komps, Fernandinho, Silva, De Bruyne, Aguero. When fit, I would have them on team sheet every time. Delph would rotate with Fernando and Yaya.

Delph has impressed me and shown he is a better player than most felt he was,however, he has to learn that he is part of a team of great players, many better than him and therefore just do his job don't try and be something he isn't. If he can get his head around being a team player, keep possession, win it back and keep it then he will be a very important player for us.

i saw him snap into a few challenges and generally be present all over the midfield. two superbly timed runs into the box gave him two chances - one high and wide and one he should have buried low in the corner - and he released sterling down the left for nacho's goal.

i also agree that he is tidy with the ball at feet but perhaps not up to speed in terms of using it well (then again we didnt buy him to be another Ya Ya!). I think this will improve over the season as he plays & trains more.

i think we got a bargain here.

Delph has impressed me and shown he is a better player than most felt he was,however, he has to learn that he is part of a team of great players, many better than him and therefore just do his job don't try and be something he isn't. If he can get his head around being a team player, keep possession, win it back and keep it then he will be a very important player for us.
I agree with this. I agree he's already looking promising but sometimes he tries abit too hard to impress sometimes by playing risky passes that never find the destinationor plays them without looking up. Think he's strong, holds up play well and wins the ball back well. Looks like he can offer us some stabilty in central midfield

Delph over Dihno?

Think all of Delph/Fernando and Dinho should be starting with Silva and De Bruyne in a 5 man midfield. That gives us pretty much everything you want from a central midfield

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.