Player Topic: Fabian Delph (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure Manuel said in Friday's press conf that of Delph, Clichy, Silva, Aguero, that one or two might start working with the rest of the squad next week (ie this week). And given his previous comments that players need at least 2 days training with the rest of the group before they can be considered for selection (his reason for not picking Vinnie) then doesn't this mean there's no chance of seeing Delph before at least the Norwich game?

Pretty sure Manuel said in Friday's press conf that of Delph, Clichy, Silva, Aguero, that one or two might start working with the rest of the squad next week (ie this week). And given his previous comments that players need at least 2 days training with the rest of the group before they can be considered for selection (his reason for not picking Vinnie) then doesn't this mean there's no chance of seeing Delph before at least the Norwich game?

I think you're right. I'm pretty sure Delph was supposed to be training with the group this week, and Silva was a potential option for this weekends game, if not then Sevilla. I'd expect Silva to make an appearance from the bench. The fact Delph has had two lengthy injuries already, and Fernandinho had the suspension (and rest) midweek I would expect him to stay on the sidelines a little longer to avoid risk. With the Internationals looming, he better be nowhere fucking near that England squad.

Another week and another Delph "hopefully back next week"
I know we don't need to know the exact nature of injuries but this is ridiculous

His injury was hamstring on england duty just after getting back from the same injury

I expect we are making sure it doesn't happen again

There is no need to rush him. Fdinho has had a rest and Fdo is in great form. One of those two will partner Yaya and the other will replace Yaya from the bench. Hope to see him soon though.

Another week and another Delph "hopefully back next week"
I know we don't need to know the exact nature of injuries but this is ridiculous

Is it? Has this injury been dragged out? As far as I know he's supposed to be back in a week or so which is about the time that was predicted? Hardly seems like a Michael Johnson situation so far!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.