Player Topic: Fabian Delph (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt we'll see him until after the Villa match. I shouldn't think he'd want to make his debut there.
I would have hoped the opposite was the case. If not, he's not got the right mentality to succeed at this club.

Spoke to a Villa mate of mine when he signed who told me he'd be mostly injured. Put it down to sour grapes at the time, but I'm starting to fear he may have been right.

Look forward to seeing him in action. Hopefully the injuries are behind him for this season & he can prove his value.

May get 10 minutes against Villa if things are going our way but i can't see him being in contention until after the international break. No point risking it, introduce him slowly this week then there's an extra 2 weeks of training for him to get right upto scratch and be ready for Liverpool. His energy could be vital for us in that game with Klopps pressing style

Look forward to seeing him in action. Hopefully the injuries are behind him for this season & he can prove his value.

Ease him in with a few appearances off the bench. Starting tomorrow maybe - 10-15 mins towards end of the game.

No need to rush him. We'll need him this season if we're to challenge on all fronts so no need to risk him when he's been injured twice in quick succession. The same goes for Silva and Aguero.

I can't wait to see how Delph fits into the side. He's very hard working, good on the ball and a good all round midfielder who will put a tackle in and can also pick a pass and carry the ball forward. He'd be good alongside Fernandinho in my opinion. First he needs to get fit and then settle into the side. Will be a while before we see the best of him. Just need to keep him out of those Internationals!

I would have hoped the opposite was the case. If not, he's not got the right mentality to succeed at this club.

Spoke to a Villa mate of mine when he signed who told me he'd be mostly injured. Put it down to sour grapes at the time, but I'm starting to fear he may have been right.

If true, then it simply was sour grapes, he missed only 12 games from injury in the last 3 seasons at Villa. 25 games missed from injury in the last 6 years.

He's not a particularly injury prone player. There's no factual basis to say he'd be "mostly injured"

I know what you mean but it's a biggie to play one of your first games against your old team who absolutely hate you. Gareth Barry completely bottled hi first game at villa and one or two more after that, but he was a success with us

I know what you mean but it's a biggie to play one of your first games against your old team who absolutely hate you. Gareth Barry completely bottled hi first game at villa and one or two more after that, but he was a success with us
That's fair comment. The same could be said for Nasri against Arsenal tbf.

I'd still be worried about his mentality if he was apprehensive, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.