Player Topic: Fabian Delph (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here this one. I've got the same bet on and just been online into my account to check it and guess what I saw? 33-1 to sign Sterling, Pogba, De Bruyne and some fucker called Barthel!! Obviously when I've rang up to place the bet they've misheard Fabian Delph?!

Anyway spoke to live chat support and someone is going to go through quality call checks tomorrow to see what was recorded, suffice to say I'd be slightly pissed off if I didn't get the winnings because we didn't sign Barthel..

Ha! Take a look at the spelling and grammar on my email confirmation!

ad983e07d4c52014814cbb3f44a95433.jpg

Whale omelette...

Ha! Take a look at the spelling and grammar on my email confirmation!

ad983e07d4c52014814cbb3f44a95433.jpg

Whale omelette...

They said someone is gonna ring me tomorrow. I've got all the correct names on the email to support when I enquired about the price. Hopefully get sorted just in case we do get pogba and de bruyne!

They said someone is gonna ring me tomorrow. I've got all the correct names on the email to support when I enquired about the price. Hopefully get sorted just in case we do get pogba and de bruyne!

Good luck!

I know, I know but its our tradition to do the signing dance!!

Fabian, please prove me wrong, you are a blue now so you have my 100% backing. Welcome to MCFC the best club in football.

I love that dance.... get it going !!!

I'm fairly sure we could get the entire stadium doing that Islamic dance, could be the replacement to the Poznan we've all been dying to find

Great signing.

Only £8 million, homegrown, provides loads of energy, in his prime, England international.

Hi mate, thanks for posting. I've always had a lot of time for Villa, along with Everton. Leeds and Spurs I've always felt we're similar sized clubs with similar fan bases who want their team to do well but don't have the sense of entitlement that some of the "traditionally bigger clubs" fans have.

I'm surprised you rate Milner higher than Delph at centre mid. Milner was a really popular player among City fans, but I and many others thought he was a little bit short technically to play centrally for us. I've watched Delph a few times and always been really impressed with him. Great feet, quick in the legs and in the brain.

I think Milner is the kind of player who looks better in a team playing at a slightly lower standard. A team where he takes extra responsibility and kind of Roy of the Rovers' it a bit. But when he steps up to the higher level, he's found a little bit wanting. Whereas Delph looks the kind of player who can't do it all himself, but rather can play a vital role as part of a well oiled machine playing at a higher level.

You'll have seen a whole lot more of Delph than me, but from what I have seen, he seems to have a great touch, makes quick decisions on the ball and plays sharp incisive passes. Would you say that is accurate? Because when Milner plays in the middle for us he struggled with the technical and decision making aspect. He needed a touch, than a look, then he made his decision of where to pass. He stood out a mile when compared to Yaya and Fernandinho because they know where they are passing it before they've even received the ball.

Whereas I appreciate Milner may have looked better for Villa, I think Delph will look better for City at the level our other players are at. What do you think? Cheers Chap!

You might well be right. I am trying to be objective in terms of what they did productively. I remember Milner scoring a fair few goals and if memory serves correctly a good percentage of winners in tight games. He did play quite advanced for Villa and I guess he is some competition up there for City. However I have never seen an engine like him on any other player, he was literally box to box when required, would be up there with every counter yet back defending or tracking runners. It felt like we had 12 players when he was playing. Seemed good at being in space especially near the end of games when markers were tiring. He was decent at crossing also, he could appear on the pitch in any place. Loved his attitude.

Delph doesn't really score many, make assists, or great at tackling (bad tackles is a strong suit) quite small so doesn't win many headers. He is a bit like Cleverly in those terms. Both liking to keep the ball moving, short accurate passes good off the ball in making himself available, Delph though is a good dribbler off both feet, likes to turn and drive (can be a weak point when he keeps doing it int trouble). Incisive passing is not a strong point he certainly won't be threading balls through unless that is something he has been hiding, or Villa are bad at playing on the shoulder. He has loads of energy, works hard, happy to close down and although a reckless tackler (used to be really bad but think he improved last season) can work well in a defensive unit. It might be that those aspects of his game suit City. He might get more space playing for City, however I can't see him getting as far up the field.

He is definately not better than Yaya by a stretch apart from attitude and desire, and I've not noticed enough of fernandinho to comment.

Quick decisions, you must be having a laugh!

Between Delph and the OS interviewer I managed about 1 minute before I nodded off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.