Player topic: Frank Lampard (2014/15)

Re: Frank Lampard

moomba said:
Damocles said:
True, all of those lads who have bought a fashionable shirt but never been to a single game in their life are proper diehards. The club doesn't have a stadium, doesn't really have a proper squad, has never played a game but are this big marketing effort and we should appreciate the people who follow Brand City.

You obviously have your opinion on the club and what it's about. I think it's an opinion borne out of ignorance and thats ok. It's not compulsory to show an interest in the other teams in the group.

I think it's an opinion brought about by knowledge of the NYCFC fanbase, the project, the City Football Group, previous statements by executives of the CFG and ongoing struggles of NYCFC as a football club and a competitive sports team in the New York market. Personally my thoughts are that you've already decided what NYCFC are without them ever even approaching a pitch and what they represent to City, and anything that doesn't fit with that incredibly thin definition MUST be wrong and MUST be borne out of ignorance because nobody but such a special guy like you could possibly know anything about them.

I can guarantee you that there's nothing that you know that I don't about NYCFC. No statement or piece of news that you've seen that I haven't. Despite this, I have a different opinion from you yet didn't feel the need to presume that you're an idiot who only heard of them yesterday or something.

NYCFC are owned by CFG. CFG is operated by MCFC; many news agencies get this wrong and think ADUG is an actual company that has business outside of Man City but it doesn't. That's just the facts of the matter - CFG own 0% in NYCFC, City own 80%. CFG own part of NYCFC because we say they do.

In the future they could benefit Man City and despite Soriano's assurances to the contrary when public facing, that is his stated purpose. I'm sure you'd know all about this having definitely read Soriano's book and in particularly saw his speech to business managers in the UAE where he alluded to this idea of cross promotion and using his "feedback loop" to bring marketing opportunities on a tailored and global scale rather than the very much continent by continent marketing that most football clubs operate under.

Maybe you missed that bit?

Damocles said:
moomba said:
Damocles said:
True, all of those lads who have bought a fashionable shirt but never been to a single game in their life are proper diehards. The club doesn't have a stadium, doesn't really have a proper squad, has never played a game but are this big marketing effort and we should appreciate the people who follow Brand City.

You obviously have your opinion on the club and what it's about. I think it's an opinion borne out of ignorance and thats ok. It's not compulsory to show an interest in the other teams in the group.

I think it's an opinion brought about by knowledge of the NYCFC fanbase, the project, the City Football Group, previous statements by executives of the CFG and ongoing struggles of NYCFC as a football club and a competitive sports team in the New York market. Personally my thoughts are that you've already decided what NYCFC are without them ever even approaching a pitch and what they represent to City, and anything that doesn't fit with that incredibly thin definition MUST be wrong and MUST be borne out of ignorance because nobody but such a special guy like you could possibly know anything about them.

I can guarantee you that there's nothing that you know that I don't about NYCFC. No statement or piece of news that you've seen that I haven't. Despite this, I have a different opinion from you yet didn't feel the need to presume that you're an idiot who only heard of them yesterday or something.

NYCFC are owned by CFG. CFG is operated by MCFC; many news agencies get this wrong and think ADUG is an actual company that has business outside of Man City but it doesn't. That's just the facts of the matter - CFG own 0% in NYCFC, City own 80%. CFG own part of NYCFC because we say they do.

In the future they could benefit Man City and despite Soriano's assurances to the contrary when public facing, that is his stated purpose. I'm sure you'd know all about this having definitely read Soriano's book and in particularly saw his speech to business managers in the UAE where he alluded to this idea of cross promotion and using his "feedback loop" to bring marketing opportunities on a tailored and global scale rather than the very much continent by continent marketing that most football clubs operate under.

Tread lightly, boy

Well Damo.. It really sounds like it was a company?

"More than 6,000 new homes are to set to be built in once rundown parts of Manchester thanks to a £1bn deal with City’s Middle East owners.
Manchester council today announced the 10-year agreement with the Abu Dhabi United Group, with the two parties forming a partnership dubbed ‘Manchester Life.’
The first phase will see more than 830 privately rented homes built in the Ancoats and New Islington areas of east Manchester, near to City’s Etihad Stadium"

"ADUG is a United Arab Emirates private equity company owned by Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan.
The Group was originally formed as the investment vehicle for the takeover of City in September 2008.
Since then, ADUG has expanded its football interests by buying New York City Football Club, Melbourne City Football Club and creating Manchester City Women’s FC.
It has also concocted plans for the Etihad Campus and City Football Academy on land next to the Etihad"

Shareholding structure is rather easy to follow.. ADUG owns CFG that in turn own all different clubs but yes, Manchester City acts as mothership for the on-pitch developments, but off-pitch it´s all CFG, in particular guys like Simon Pearce and Edelman that act as Khaldoons lieutenants having their own responsabilities in places like Melbourne and New York

moomba said:
Damocles said:

The simple point is if City don't handle this Wel they could do long term damage to Manchester City in the states which we have stated since the takeover is the biggest opportunity for City and an opportunity we are putting well over 100m into. Therefore whether City fans and pellegrini want it or not to City overall the New York project is bigger than 5 games and 3 goals from Frank for City in March or April. The decision will be a balanced decision overall and made in whatever is in the best long term interests of City globally not in the short term interests of either Pellegrini or NYCFC. They will weigh up the pros and cons and go for the best overall scenario.

Damocles ownership is honestly irrelevant In terms of where the team sits what matters is the long term best interests of the project and ADUG will make the call on that basis not because of a perceived need by City for lampard or because Reyna needs him in NY.

MLS could end up as big as the Premier League in time, there are more people who play the game, there is much more money in the U.S. and it is a very big investment, NYCFC needs to start with a bang and in New York at least needs to be seen as an equal - it's own club not a club that starts without its best player and as a very clear second class citizen . It may not have "fans" now and it won't in 6 months if it is not handled properly

S04 said:
Well Damo.. It really sounds like it was a company?

"More than 6,000 new homes are to set to be built in once rundown parts of Manchester thanks to a £1bn deal with City’s Middle East owners.
Manchester council today announced the 10-year agreement with the Abu Dhabi United Group, with the two parties forming a partnership dubbed ‘Manchester Life.’
The first phase will see more than 830 privately rented homes built in the Ancoats and New Islington areas of east Manchester, near to City’s Etihad Stadium"

"ADUG is a United Arab Emirates private equity company owned by Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan.
The Group was originally formed as the investment vehicle for the takeover of City in September 2008.
Since then, ADUG has expanded its football interests by buying New York City Football Club, Melbourne City Football Club and creating Manchester City Women’s FC.
It has also concocted plans for the Etihad Campus and City Football Academy on land next to the Etihad"

Shareholding structure is rather easy to follow.. ADUG owns CFG that in turn own all different clubs but yes, Manchester City acts as mothership for the on-pitch developments, but off-pitch it´s all CFG, in particular guys like Simon Pearce and Edelman that act as Khaldoons lieutenants having their own responsabilities in places like Melbourne and New York

You quote from Wiki, and no doubt the Sheikh has ultimate control, but the Wiki sources confuse the FCUK out of me

Your source
<a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abu_Dhabi_United_Group" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abu_Dhabi_United_Group</a>

We were definitely bought by ADUG
<a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manchester_City_F.C._ownership_and_finances" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manchester ... d_finances</a>

But this lists our owners as CFG
<a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manchester_City_F.C" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manchester_City_F.C</a>.

And this lists the ownership of CFG as an ADUG holding company
<a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/City_Football_Group" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/City_Football_Group</a>

and this lists the owners of NYCFC as CFG in the Summary on the Right hand side and Manchester City in the text.
<a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_City_FC" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_City_FC</a>

So ADUG owns CFG, which owns MCFC and NYCFC (and others)
Or ADUG owns Man City which operates CFG and owns NYCFC

And the official MLS ownership list Lists the owner as Shiekh Mansour of CFG.
<a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_MLS_franchise_owners" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ML ... ise_owners</a>

I dont work in the world of high finance but I am confused as hell.

These things usually come down to what the club and player wants.

If its one and the same then he stays.

New York will get to see plenty of Frank.

moomba said:
Neville Kneville said:
moomba said:
And what happens to salesmen that continually let down customers and potential customers?

They'll make a decision based on whats best for the group, not MCFC. If Lampard stays for the season it may be to the benefit of MCFC but it won't for NYCFC. Whether it's considered best for the group or not, I guess we'll see.

But I won't expect any NYCFC supporters to be happy about if it their interests are sacrificed for the group. Nor should they be.

There are no NYCFC supporters ffs! There is no such thing!

There are some geezers who are going to turn up & watch a new club, some of whom may decide they like it, & become supporters.

They have fuck all to complain about. If they eventually become supporters & one day we turn up & pinch one of their best players when they are fighting for a title, then they will have something to complain about. Right now, we are sponsoring a new club for them to decide if they would like to support it or not.

Bollocks. Each and every point you make.
What were you saying about coherent and interesting rebuttals?

Damocles said:

No I've seen his presentation and the book, both are freely available. I think I've even spoken about both on here in the past.

I don't think you are an idiot, just hing up on this idea that New York City is nothing more than a marketing exercise, and its supporters somehow don't have any right to call themselves such or have an opinion on how they want their club to be run. It's an idea I'm strongly in disagreement about, so I don't see the problem with saying so on a discussion forum.

It may be that I've decided what New York City means in the whole scheme of things, I think its more that I've decided what I want them (and Melbourne and possibly Yokohama to be). Not just now, but 10/20/30 years down the line. And I've decided how I like MCFC to act as a club, both to those within the group and without. So far so good although mistakes have been made (they couldnt not be with the size of the project). This is a significant test though, and one with pretty significant consequences.

It may also be that you've read more about the group and know more about the group than me. I don't care, good for you if you have. It doesnt change my opinion that your thoughts on their supporters (that you din't believe exist) is one borne out of ignorance.

Anyway, up early to watch Melbourne City. Hopefully a continuation of their current good run of results.

If we keep him until Yaya returns it could be a win win, or at least a good compromise. The "fight" between MCFC and NYC over Lampard would boost his cache in the US when he does arrive there. We would be seen as taking the MLS seriously which is important if the NY project is to get off to a decent start.

He's been a very good signing for us but I expect his impact will decline towards the end of the season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.