Player topic: Frank Lampard (2014/15)

Re: Frank Lampard

Bokonon said:
Cringeworthy stuff if I'm honest. Beginning to feel a bit entitled are we? He is thechnically their player and every club has to start somewhere.

There is no "they". There is us and our child companies around the world.

de niro said:
Bokonon said:
Neville Kneville said:
This absolutely. What a complete knobhead.

It's more important to this clown, that an as yet non club, with as yet non fans, gets a publicity stunt fully functioning on time, than for City to have the strongest possible chance of wining the title.

That's what it boils down to. Not whether Lampard plays there or not, but whether it's more important for us to win the league, than for them to wait a few weeks before having Lampard play for them.

I'd suggest if their marketing exercise is so important that it can't be put off for just a few weeks, we might as well give them Aguero while we're at it, as them starting their league with maximum publicity, is obviously more important than us winning ours.

Perhaps they should buy us ?

Cringeworthy stuff if I'm honest. Beginning to feel a bit entitled are we? He is thechnically their player and every club has to start somewhere.

nycfc are our bitches. they do as they are told. end of.

You sound like a Rag.

Damocles said:
Bokonon said:

Without a "they" Sheikh Mansour has just wasted a $100m investment.

He doesnt strike me as the type.

moomba said:
Damocles said:
Bokonon said:

Without a "they" Sheikh Mansour has just wasted a $100m investment.

He doesnt strike me as the type.

I don't even understand the logic there. Something like the fact that Sheikh Mansour spent a lot of money on it then that somehow makes it very important?

Ok.

On a completely unrelated note, Merry Christmas.

59174_1.jpg

Would have thought it was fairly self explanatory. NYCFC is very important to the group in it's own right.

And it won't succceed if it seen merely as a "child" of MCFC rather than a football club in its own right.

In the words of Soriano

This is not a Manchester City team, or a brand play or a marketing trick. This is real.

"This is a team that's going to play beautiful soccer in New York. And that team happens to be part of a family – the City family – and we will be able to help in the areas that matter, in bringing good players, coaching methodology and technology. Everything we can do to help this team succeed.

Nice pic btw, not sure what the point of it was but nice pic anyway.

The perfect fumble said:
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MH-KjH-RBqo[/video]

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwzCbR-GHYQ[/video]

moomba said:
Would have thought it was fairly self explanatory. NYCFC is very important to the group in it's own right.

And it won't succceed if it seen merely as a "child" of MCFC rather than a football club in its own right.

In the words of Soriano

This is not a Manchester City team, or a brand play or a marketing trick. This is real.

"This is a team that's going to play beautiful soccer in New York. And that team happens to be part of a family – the City family – and we will be able to help in the areas that matter, in bringing good players, coaching methodology and technology. Everything we can do to help this team succeed.

Soriano is a salesman, it's his job to say things like that whether it is true or not.

You bang on about how important NYCFC is to the group - simple really, we'll see how important they are once we see what happens with Lampard.

He'll be a City player until we decide we don't want him anymore. That's how important NYCFC are to the group.

And the point of the picture was to show you yet another irreplaceable expensive purchase of the Sheikh. He was mint for us last year.

Bokonon said:
Neville Kneville said:
SWP's back said:
Yikes?

Oh do fuck off.

This absolutely. What a complete knobhead.

It's more important to this clown, that an as yet non club, with as yet non fans, gets a publicity stunt fully functioning on time, than for City to have the strongest possible chance of wining the title.

That's what it boils down to. Not whether Lampard plays there or not, but whether it's more important for us to win the league, than for them to wait a few weeks before having Lampard play for them.

I'd suggest if their marketing exercise is so important that it can't be put off for just a few weeks, we might as well give them Aguero while we're at it, as them starting their league with maximum publicity, is obviously more important than us winning ours.

Perhaps they should buy us ?

He is actually contracted with the MLS so it is not even just down to NYFC being happy it is also to do with the league accepting that a marquee player in a new team comes to their league.

I would suggest that unless NYFC quickly sign a much bigger name in compromise that the absolute likely best situation for our City is that he stays till mid feb and Yaya is back.

The City group is a very long term project I doubt our owners will jeopardise a very significant part of that group by pissing off the NY fans. If we do need lampard for the season then either we will sign bigger for NY or we will sign another player of his ilk for City.

Damocles said:
moomba said:

In the words of Soriano

Soriano is a salesman, it's his job to say things like that whether it is true or not.

You bang on about how important NYCFC is to the group - simple really, we'll see how important they are once we see what happens with Lampard.

He'll be a City player until we decide we don't want him anymore. That's how important NYCFC are to the group.

And the point of the picture was to show you yet another irreplaceable expensive purchase of the Sheikh. He was mint for us last year.

And what happens to salesmen that continually let down customers and potential customers?

They'll make a decision based on whats best for the group, not MCFC. If Lampard stays for the season it may be to the benefit of MCFC but it won't for NYCFC. Whether it's considered best for the group or not, I guess we'll see.

But I won't expect any NYCFC supporters to be happy about if it their interests are sacrificed for the group. Nor should they be.

The Mirror said a couple of days ago that Wesley S was being lined up to replace frank in the USA so we can keep him here,don't know if it's true or not

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.