Player topic: Frank Lampard (2014/15)

Re: Frank Lampard

moomba said:
Damocles said:
moomba said:
Would have thought it was fairly self explanatory. NYCFC is very important to the group in it's own right.

And it won't succceed if it seen merely as a "child" of MCFC rather than a football club in its own right.

In the words of Soriano

Nice pic btw, not sure what the point of it was but nice pic anyway.

Soriano is a salesman, it's his job to say things like that whether it is true or not.

You bang on about how important NYCFC is to the group - simple really, we'll see how important they are once we see what happens with Lampard.

He'll be a City player until we decide we don't want him anymore. That's how important NYCFC are to the group.

And the point of the picture was to show you yet another irreplaceable expensive purchase of the Sheikh. He was mint for us last year.

And what happens to salesmen that continually let down customers and potential customers?

They'll make a decision based on whats best for the group, not MCFC. If Lampard stays for the season it may be to the benefit of MCFC but it won't for NYCFC. Whether it's considered best for the group or not, I guess we'll see.

But I won't expect any NYCFC supporters to be happy about if it their interests are sacrificed for the group. Nor should they be.

As its Christmas I will agree 100% with what Moomba says (sorry Moomba). They have to look after the interests of both clubs and the group and as the MLS contract all players not the clubs and as the Yankees are also involved then it is not quite as simple as suggested.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/frank-lampard-agrees-manchester-city-4872483" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... ty-4872483</a>

Reading between the lines i think it will be longer :-)

Mid Feb is utterly pointless. We need him for the CL and PL run in. Otherwise we need to buy an attacking player IMO.

Mister Appointment said:
Mid Feb is utterly pointless. We need him for the CL and PL run in. Otherwise we need to buy an attacking player IMO.

Mid Feb is still a lot better than losing him at the turn of the year.

moomba said:
Damocles said:
moomba said:
Would have thought it was fairly self explanatory. NYCFC is very important to the group in it's own right.

And it won't succceed if it seen merely as a "child" of MCFC rather than a football club in its own right.

In the words of Soriano

Nice pic btw, not sure what the point of it was but nice pic anyway.

Soriano is a salesman, it's his job to say things like that whether it is true or not.

You bang on about how important NYCFC is to the group - simple really, we'll see how important they are once we see what happens with Lampard.

He'll be a City player until we decide we don't want him anymore. That's how important NYCFC are to the group.

And the point of the picture was to show you yet another irreplaceable expensive purchase of the Sheikh. He was mint for us last year.

And what happens to salesmen that continually let down customers and potential customers?

They'll make a decision based on whats best for the group, not MCFC. If Lampard stays for the season it may be to the benefit of MCFC but it won't for NYCFC. Whether it's considered best for the group or not, I guess we'll see.

But I won't expect any NYCFC supporters to be happy about if it their interests are sacrificed for the group. Nor should they be.

There are no NYCFC supporters ffs! There is no such thing!

There are some geezers who are going to turn up & watch a new club, some of whom may decide they like it, & become supporters.

They have fuck all to complain about. If they eventually become supporters & one day we turn up & pinch one of their best players when they are fighting for a title, then they will have something to complain about. Right now, we are sponsoring a new club for them to decide if they would like to support it or not.

Neville Kneville said:
moomba said:
Damocles said:

There are some geezers who are going to turn up & watch a new club, some of whom may decide they like it, & become supporters.

They have fuck all to complain about. If they eventually become supporters & one day we turn up & pinch one of their best players when they are fighting for a title, then they will have something to complain about. Right now, we are sponsoring a new club for them to decide if they would like to support it or not.

Bollocks. Each and every point you make.

moomba said:
Neville Kneville said:
moomba said:

Bollocks. Each and every point you make.

True, all of those lads who have bought a fashionable shirt but never been to a single game in their life are proper diehards. The club doesn't have a stadium, doesn't really have a proper squad, has never played a game but are this big marketing effort and we should appreciate the people who follow Brand City.

Damocles said:
True, all of those lads who have bought a fashionable shirt but never been to a single game in their life are proper diehards. The club doesn't have a stadium, doesn't really have a proper squad, has never played a game but are this big marketing effort and we should appreciate the people who follow Brand City.

You obviously have your opinion on the club and what it's about. I think it's an opinion borne out of ignorance and thats ok. It's not compulsory to show an interest in the other teams in the group.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.