Player topic: Frank Lampard (2014/15)

Re: Frank Lampard

Dax777 said:
MrE said:
So now they have Frank. The team are training here in January so he will get to know his team mates, they get him match fit, and are still moaning.
I have followed progress in New York for months on the NYCFC forum, often against vitriol because I am not a New York Fan, I am an interested Man City Fan. I can cope with that, FFS I have been a city fan for years and seen it all from different fanbases.

But the some of the arrogant bastards on the NYCFC forum are taking the anti Man City stance to a new level now. The link, is an exchange against a Man City fan from New York.

The Comment

"Let him bask in his transcontinental glory now. In a couple years Manchester will be nothing more than the place Karl Pilkington and United was from"

Comes from a moderator on the site.

<a class="postlink" href="http://nycfcforums.com/index.php?threads/frank-lampard-loan-extension.1633/page-49" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://nycfcforums.com/index.php?thread ... 33/page-49</a>

This is a link to the whole conversation now going on on the site, and some of it is priceless. Take a moment to look at post 899 on page 45 (another Mod, and this one claims to be a City fan) and 924 on 47...

It is getting to be impossible to be a Man City fan following NYCFC
FFS, a lot of Nycfc fans are not City fans. Generally New Yoekers support foreign clubs across the board. City, Pool, United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Everton and Real, Bayern, Barca's etc. they are excited about getting a pro club. Happy it has the same parent as City, but they don't all necessarily like City. Just like there are Melbourne fans who are United fans. Just coz these clubs are linked to City doesn't mean all the fans like City. This is there home town club. They watch, enjoy and or support a wide range of clubs abroad. So sure, you'd find anti City Nyfc fans. That's par for the course. But reading some of the bile here, suggest they are justified.
Seems you'd be much more suited following them, reading your posts leave me wondering if you even like City.

Dax777 said:
MrE said:
So now they have Frank. The team are training here in January so he will get to know his team mates, they get him match fit, and are still moaning.
I have followed progress in New York for months on the NYCFC forum, often against vitriol because I am not a New York Fan, I am an interested Man City Fan. I can cope with that, FFS I have been a city fan for years and seen it all from different fanbases.

But the some of the arrogant bastards on the NYCFC forum are taking the anti Man City stance to a new level now. The link, is an exchange against a Man City fan from New York.

The Comment

"Let him bask in his transcontinental glory now. In a couple years Manchester will be nothing more than the place Karl Pilkington and United was from"

<a class="postlink" href="http://nycfcforums.com/index.php?threads/frank-lampard-loan-extension.1633/page-49" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://nycfcforums.com/index.php?thread ... 33/page-49</a>

This is a link to the whole conversation now going on on the site, and some of it is priceless. Take a moment to look at post 899 on page 45 (another Mod, and this one claims to be a City fan) and 924 on 47...

FFS, a lot of Nycfc fans are not City fans. Generally New Yoekers support foreign clubs across the board. City, Pool, United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Everton and Real, Bayern, Barca's etc. they are excited about getting a pro club. Happy it has the same parent as City, but they don't all necessarily like City. Just like there are Melbourne fans who are United fans. Just coz these clubs are linked to City doesn't mean all the fans like City. This is there home town club. They watch, enjoy and or support a wide range of clubs abroad. So sure, you'd find anti City Nyfc fans. That's par for the course. But reading some of the bile here, suggest they are justified.

I 100% agree, NYCFC is for New York people, and New Yorkers (& Americans in General) have traditionally supported foreign teams. That was not my point. I don't expect them all to like City. But the issue is that it is open season on that do. Those City fans posting on that forum have generally supported the NYCFC stance on Lampard, but even so are sniped at. What did Andre say wrong that encouraged the exchange below ?

The perfect fumble said:
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MH-KjH-RBqo[/video]
Fuckin' Nora!

Wonder what his views of NYC nabbing David Villa before it was agreed, are? I wonder if there are Melbourne City fans (and these are actually fans that exist and have been following an actual club that has existed for a few years, not some hypothetical fans of a club that hasn't even set foot on a pitch yet) that have made a pathetic video like this about Villa leaving Melbourne?

KippaxCitizen said:
The perfect fumble said:
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MH-KjH-RBqo[/video]
Fuckin' Nora!

Wonder what his views of NYC nabbing David Villa before it was agreed, are? I wonder if there are Melbourne City fans (and these are actually fans that exist and have been following an actual club that has existed for a few years, not some hypothetical fans of a club that hasn't even set foot on a pitch yet) that have made a pathetic video like this about Villa leaving Melbourne?

The length of Villa's loan term was never specified by the club. But there are indeed Melbourne City supporters who aren't happy with the way that it was handled. I think they have good reason to be, the club still haven't actually announced that he won't be returning and I think the lack of communication on both Villa and Lampard isnt helping matters.

MrE said:

The Comment

Fuck them. Clueless yanks in being clueless about football shocker.

Dax777 said:
MrE said:

The Comment

Same parent as City??

City are the parent. City own NYCFC

SWP's back said:
Dax777 said:
MrE said:

The Comment

Same parent as City??

City are the parent. City own NYCFC

CFG own NYCFC actually.. You think City will fork up half a billion for a stadium in New York?

Changing the subject slightly, he's been on 6music this morning promoting a set of children's books he's written. Out of the ordinary career choice after football...

Anyway, hope he stays until Yaya gets back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.