Player topic: Frank Lampard (2014/15)

Re: Frank Lampard (staying until end of season confirmed P11

Puppet Master Silva said:
The perfect fumble said:
Maybe you should collect all of your links and put them together into one post?

I post them as Ifind them, you have a problem?

Really spoiling for an argument aren't you? No problem, just a solution.

Play nice.

<a class="postlink" href="https://worldsoccertalk.com/2014/12/31/how-us-soccer-media-reacted-to-news-that-frank-lampard-isnt-joining-mls-until-may/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://worldsoccertalk.com/2014/12/31/ ... until-may/</a>

How US Soccer Media Reacted to News That Frank Lampard isn’t Joining MLS Until May

The perfect fumble said:
de niro said:
i am really pleased about this cos frank is still some player. however. the fact we are pissing so many people off is the icing on the cake.

You really are very small

Compare your reply to this, from a City fan posting on the NYCFC board....

Well folks, I'm first and foremost a Manchester City fan but I can appreciate how this must feel to you guys and I think it feels all wrong. The only positive spin that I can put on this is that it will not have been done without due regard for the interests of NYCFC. Ergo, there's been a trade and that trade will pay handsomely because Frank Lampard is your player and it would not have happened without your management being persuaded that it would pan out well for your clubs success.
I hope you can all bear the bigger picture in mind like your management team will have and I hope you can appreciate that City fans like me are with you every emotional step of the way because we're family, we're the kind of family where we look after each other and you've done us a massive favour that we'll repay ten fold and with a smile.
I hope you all have a wonderful New a Year with good health, good love and good fortune.

even better. the glow in my chest has just glowed some more.

moomba said:
Damocles said:
Because as I said earlier, your entire picture of what the CFG project is is just wrong.

It's a collection of clubs working together for the whole. At the moment, having Lamopard help one win the most prestigious league in the world is more important than having him as the second Designated Player for a MLS season. You're thinking in such tiny terms, CFG is about the next 50 years not the next 50 days. NYCFC will get their benefits but the facts of the matter is that Lampard was needed more at City than New York so that's where he went.

I agree with the idea that CFG is a collection of clubs working together for the whole.

I don't agree that Lampard staying with us is more important than him being with NYCFC for the start of their first season.

I'm certainly not thinking about the next 50 days, the ramifications of this decision will be felt in New York long after that IMO and long after Lampard has left the CFG entirely. Thats why I said the decision was shortsighted because while it might benefit us in the short term I am thinking long term with the whole thing.

How come it was ok for Beckham to just swan off whenever he felt like it, even though he was on ten times as much money as Lampard ?

de niro said:
The perfect fumble said:
de niro said:
i am really pleased about this cos frank is still some player. however. the fact we are pissing so many people off is the icing on the cake.

You really are very small

Compare your reply to this, from a City fan posting on the NYCFC board....

Well folks, I'm first and foremost a Manchester City fan but I can appreciate how this must feel to you guys and I think it feels all wrong. The only positive spin that I can put on this is that it will not have been done without due regard for the interests of NYCFC. Ergo, there's been a trade and that trade will pay handsomely because Frank Lampard is your player and it would not have happened without your management being persuaded that it would pan out well for your clubs success.
I hope you can all bear the bigger picture in mind like your management team will have and I hope you can appreciate that City fans like me are with you every emotional step of the way because we're family, we're the kind of family where we look after each other and you've done us a massive favour that we'll repay ten fold and with a smile.
I hope you all have a wonderful New a Year with good health, good love and good fortune.

even better. the glow in my chest has just glowed some more.

It's wind.

So a team that's not even kicked a fuckin ball in existence yet and every other fan in world football are all pissing their knickers about this? Well boo fuckin hoo! What they gona do when we sign Lionel? ;)

The perfect fumble said:
The perfect fumble said:
I post them as Ifind them, you have a problem?

Really spoiling for an argument aren't you? No problem, just a solution.

Play nice.

What you need to appreciate is that 99.9999999% of people on this board, whilst interested in the whole global club process, and supportive of the presence of "City" clubs in America, Australia, Japan etc, are really only concerned with what benefits Manchester City Football Club. Ultimately we don't care whether NYCFC suffers due to Lampard's absence, or whether their fans feel cheated or pissed off. We, and it would seem, our owners, believe Lampard can help us achieve something this season. That's why he's here on loan until the end of the season. You can't expect to come on here with a very North American centric opinion, talking about how it's a disgrace, and expect people to agree, or really give a shit. We're Manchester City fans, that's the club that comes first, so if someone else misses out in order for us to benefit, so be it.

Neville Kneville said:
The perfect fumble said:
http://nycfcforums.com/index.php?threads/lets-stick-together-even-without-lampard.1807/

Let's Stick Together, Even Without Lampard

Most of you know me by now but if not, I'm a Man City fan from NOLA. I started following NYCFC through the Man City account and I got very excited for what this club could mean for US Soccer, MLS, etc.

Like most of you, I feel duped, embarrassed and angry. I've been on here and on twitter telling people how great this would be, how different this would be from failed experiments like Chivas USA, how we weren't a feeder club, etc. For a while this afternoon, I wondered whether I should even stay rooting for NYCFC.

People come to start rooting for sports teams for many reasons. There was a hashtag going around earlier today about why you started rooting for NYCFC. Maybe you came because they were a team in New York City. maybe you came because they were a Manchester City affiliate. Maybe you came because you just hated the Red Bulls name. Whatever.

But when people asked why we supported a team that had never played, they had a point. Those are all good reasons to start rooting for a team, but not very good reasons to stay rooting for a team. The location, the crest, the kit, the owners, the players, the coaches, etc. can all change like that. Why do people stay rooting?

Well, in my experience, it's because of the community that builds around a team. People say fans root for laundry, but that's never true. People root for a team because their friend, their father, their co-workers all as one live and die with the fortunes of a team. That communal experience in a world where people rarely leave their house or look up from their phone is so rare, so precious. That's what drives fans to stick through thick and thin with a team, regardless of the team's fortunes.

I decided this afternoon to stick with NYCFC not because of any more naivety about the club but because of the community of awesome people who loved NYCFC that I've been fortunate enough to interact with here. I've had a blast on here since March, and I couldn't imagine ditching this.

I get some people are angry and want to dump their season tickets. I understand completely, and wish you well with no ill feeling. But I hope you stay. For so long, we've been called Plastic. Now's a chance to prove them wrong. Let's stick together, despite the abuse and jokes that are coming our way.

We don't need Frank Lampard or Manchester City or MLS to create an incredible community of fans; we've done it without them already, right here. And this community is worth keeping. So please, stick around.

MikeDatTiger, Today at 6:06 PM

What a great post from a true fan

True fan of what exactly ?

Surely the team has to start playing, then the club evolves, then those who stick with it over time, EVENTUALLY BECOME, true fans ?

Or perhaps it's like the Spice Girls ? You just hear about an idea & even before the first song comes out, hey presto, you are a 'true fan' ?

RAWK Loons piss on us for having no "istory".

So it's OK for us to do it to clubs that actually have none?

The perfect fumble said:
Neville Kneville said:
The perfect fumble said:
http://nycfcforums.com/index.php?threads/lets-stick-together-even-without-lampard.1807/

Let's Stick Together, Even Without Lampard

Most of you know me by now but if not, I'm a Man City fan from NOLA. I started following NYCFC through the Man City account and I got very excited for what this club could mean for US Soccer, MLS, etc.

Like most of you, I feel duped, embarrassed and angry. I've been on here and on twitter telling people how great this would be, how different this would be from failed experiments like Chivas USA, how we weren't a feeder club, etc. For a while this afternoon, I wondered whether I should even stay rooting for NYCFC.

People come to start rooting for sports teams for many reasons. There was a hashtag going around earlier today about why you started rooting for NYCFC. Maybe you came because they were a team in New York City. maybe you came because they were a Manchester City affiliate. Maybe you came because you just hated the Red Bulls name. Whatever.

But when people asked why we supported a team that had never played, they had a point. Those are all good reasons to start rooting for a team, but not very good reasons to stay rooting for a team. The location, the crest, the kit, the owners, the players, the coaches, etc. can all change like that. Why do people stay rooting?

Well, in my experience, it's because of the community that builds around a team. People say fans root for laundry, but that's never true. People root for a team because their friend, their father, their co-workers all as one live and die with the fortunes of a team. That communal experience in a world where people rarely leave their house or look up from their phone is so rare, so precious. That's what drives fans to stick through thick and thin with a team, regardless of the team's fortunes.

I decided this afternoon to stick with NYCFC not because of any more naivety about the club but because of the community of awesome people who loved NYCFC that I've been fortunate enough to interact with here. I've had a blast on here since March, and I couldn't imagine ditching this.

I get some people are angry and want to dump their season tickets. I understand completely, and wish you well with no ill feeling. But I hope you stay. For so long, we've been called Plastic. Now's a chance to prove them wrong. Let's stick together, despite the abuse and jokes that are coming our way.

We don't need Frank Lampard or Manchester City or MLS to create an incredible community of fans; we've done it without them already, right here. And this community is worth keeping. So please, stick around.

MikeDatTiger, Today at 6:06 PM

What a great post from a true fan

True fan of what exactly ?

Surely the team has to start playing, then the club evolves, then those who stick with it over time, EVENTUALLY BECOME, true fans ?

Or perhaps it's like the Spice Girls ? You just hear about an idea & even before the first song comes out, hey presto, you are a 'true fan' ?

RAWK Loons piss on us for having no "istory".

So it's OK for us to do it to clubs that actually have none?

Yes cos they actually don't have any.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.