Player topic: Frank Lampard (2014/15)

Re: Frank Lampard

I have no problem with him not celebrating the goal. In fact that part of it was pretty class. But the way he was holding his hand out apologetically I didn't like. And in the interview, there should be no mixed emotions. He's getting paid very well to score goals for us and that's what he did.

Players nowadays are simply passengers and switch clubs more often than I can eat pancakes in one day. Yes, Lampard played at Chelsea for a long period. He also played for West Ham who handed him a start in professional football. Sentiment my backside. This is football in the 21st century.
You score, you celebrate, no mattter who you're playing for or against. Or be like Balotelli and never "it is my duty to score" celebrate. Yeah, he held that image up for a long time ... not.

For the ones who respect the non-celebrations of Lampard, here are a few Q's:

-When does a player need to decide not to celebrate when he scores against his old club: 5 years? 7? 10?

-Will Lampard also not celebrate when he scores one versus West Ham?

-And shouldn't the Chelsea-players and their fans celebrate for Lampard to score a goal? Because that's exactly in the line of Lampards behaviour.

-Should the City-players have come together for celebrations and leave Lampard all on his one (I personally would have loved that by the way)?

-Should we fans not have celebrated Lampards goal as to say: Frank, you're a City-player and we stand by all our players. If you don't celebrate, neither do we?

Thanks for the goal Frank, but please don't act like a twat.

eversince 76 said:
Players nowadays are simply passengers and switch clubs more often than I can eat pancakes in one day. Yes, Lampard played at Chelsea for a long period. He also played for West Ham who handed him a start in professional football. Sentiment my backside. This is football in the 21st century.
You score, you celebrate, no mattter who you're playing for or against. Or be like Balotelli and never "it is my duty to score" celebrate. Yeah, he held that image up for a long time ... not.

-When does a player need to decide not to celebrate when he scores against his old club: 5 years? 7? 10?

-And shouldn't the Chelsea-players and their fans celebrate for Lampard to score a goal? Because that's exactly in the line of Lampards behaviour.

-Should the City-players have come together for celebrations and leave Lampard all on his one (I personally would have loved that by the way)?

-Should we fans not have celebrated Lampards goal as to say: Frank, you're a City-player and we stand by all our players. If you don't celebrate, neither do we?

Lol

Should have scored a second and decided to hit it straight at the keeper. Will give him his due that for a club he played at for so long he didn't want to celebrate. But for those saying we should keep him for the season are getting a bit over excited.

He was slow and fucking shite at Arsenal and except his goal yesterday he was average. Kept running into his own team mates.

But thanks for the goal Frank even though you tried to fucking miss it.

eversince 76 said:

Shut up talking shit.

Every football supporter slates footballers for lack of respect, to the fans, to the game, to other clubs/players; yet when a player, who obviously formed a very close relationship with the supporters and staff of the particular club he happened to score against, shows respect he gets slated. Not every player is a passenger, he moved from West Ham to better his career and stayed there until he was no longer needed and wanted a new, last challenge. Where does that indicate he is a passenger? What about Kompany? Is he a passenger, the club hopping prick?

If Dunne, Richards or any former long-serving player had come to us with another team and scored, then gone ape shit, supporters like you would be at the match and on here livid with a lack of respect - thus completing the circle of hypocrisy that most football supporters endlessly cycle around.

I respect Lampard for his decision to have a cool head, he was congratulate by the team and applauded off. He rescued us a point. That is the end of it. He did not act like a twat.

jay_mcfc said:
I have no problem with him not celebrating the goal. In fact that part of it was pretty class. But the way he was holding his hand out apologetically I didn't like. And in the interview, there should be no mixed emotions. He's getting paid very well to score goals for us and that's what he did.

If he's not happy banging in a few goals for us then he must be one of those mercenaries you hear about! Hope he starts on Wednesday so we can see whether he is still moping about leaving The Bridge or genuinely delighted to be training and playing with 'The English Champions' - summat he couldn't have done in West London!

cleavers said:
Eccles Blue said:
citykev28 said:
I can understand him going to the cockney c**ts but for fuck's sake, once you've passed them, acknowledge the fans who are paying your wages.

CityKev28, he acknowledged us as well, he was walking across from the Chelsea fans and applauded the City fans as well.
He applauded the north and east stands before he walked over to chelsea too.

Ok, ok. It might just be because I don't like him then.

The Chelsea fans kept taunting us with Lampards won more than us .
That was sweet Lampard scoring the equaliser .
Even that prat Tyler said ho no when he scored ,

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.