Player topic: Frank Lampard (2014/15)

Re: Frank Lampard

the originalkippaxman said:
Should have scored a second and decided to hit it straight at the keeper. Will give him his due that for a club he played at for so long he didn't want to celebrate. But for those saying we should keep him for the season are getting a bit over excited.

He was slow and fucking shite at Arsenal and except his goal yesterday he was average. Kept running into his own team mates.

But thanks for the goal Frank even though you tried to fucking miss it.
When should he have scored a 2nd? He hit one at a defender, one narrowly wide and how did he try to miss it? Because it would have been fucking easier to miss it then volley it into the bottom corner like he did. I'll assume it's tongue in cheek.

And whilst he was 'garbage' against Arsenal, we were dominant, 1-0 up and hadn't conceded with him on the pitch, he was tidy. People really are hurt by him clapping some Chelsea supporters.

eversince 76 said:
Players nowadays are simply passengers and switch clubs more often than I can eat pancakes in one day. Yes, Lampard played at Chelsea for a long period. He also played for West Ham who handed him a start in professional football. Sentiment my backside. This is football in the 21st century.
You score, you celebrate, no mattter who you're playing for or against. Or be like Balotelli and never "it is my duty to score" celebrate. Yeah, he held that image up for a long time ... not.

For the ones who respect the non-celebrations of Lampard, here are a few Q's:

-When does a player need to decide not to celebrate when he scores against his old club: 5 years? 7? 10?

-Will Lampard also not celebrate when he scores one versus West Ham?

-And shouldn't the Chelsea-players and their fans celebrate for Lampard to score a goal? Because that's exactly in the line of Lampards behaviour.

-Should the City-players have come together for celebrations and leave Lampard all on his one (I personally would have loved that by the way)?

-Should we fans not have celebrated Lampards goal as to say: Frank, you're a City-player and we stand by all our players. If you don't celebrate, neither do we?

Thanks for the goal Frank, but please don't act like a twat.

Your the one acting like a twat fella. Grow up.

Also I remember Tevez literally apologising for scoring twice against West Ham, with whom he only spent ONE year with. I don't remember such an uproar with some posters then, it was marked as 'class' and 'dignity'.

BlueTG said:
eversince 76 said:
Players nowadays are simply passengers and switch clubs more often than I can eat pancakes in one day. Yes, Lampard played at Chelsea for a long period. He also played for West Ham who handed him a start in professional football. Sentiment my backside. This is football in the 21st century.
You score, you celebrate, no mattter who you're playing for or against. Or be like Balotelli and never "it is my duty to score" celebrate. Yeah, he held that image up for a long time ... not.

For the ones who respect the non-celebrations of Lampard, here are a few Q's:

-When does a player need to decide not to celebrate when he scores against his old club: 5 years? 7? 10?

-Will Lampard also not celebrate when he scores one versus West Ham?

-And shouldn't the Chelsea-players and their fans celebrate for Lampard to score a goal? Because that's exactly in the line of Lampards behaviour.

-Should the City-players have come together for celebrations and leave Lampard all on his one (I personally would have loved that by the way)?

-Should we fans not have celebrated Lampards goal as to say: Frank, you're a City-player and we stand by all our players. If you don't celebrate, neither do we?

Thanks for the goal Frank, but please don't act like a twat.
Shut up talking shit.

Every football supporter slates footballers for lack of respect, to the fans, to the game, to other clubs/players; yet when a player, who obviously formed a very close relationship with the supporters and staff of the particular club he happened to score against, shows respect he gets slated. Not every player is a passenger, he moved from West Ham to better his career and stayed there until he was no longer needed and wanted a new, last challenge. Where does that indicate he is a passenger? What about Kompany? Is he a passenger, the club hopping prick?

If Dunne, Richards or any former long-serving player had come to us with another team and scored, then gone ape shit, supporters like you would be at the match and on here livid with a lack of respect - thus completing the circle of hypocrisy that most football supporters endlessly cycle around.

I respect Lampard for his decision to have a cool head, he was congratulate by the team and applauded off. He rescued us a point. That is the end of it. He did not act like a twat.

I've been around long enough to see former City players score against us and celebrating. It happened so many times, I actually got used to it. However I honestly can't remember accusing one of them for showing a lack of respect when they (rightly) celebrated.
I always applauded a former player when he enters the stadium. I never booed one. I'm fine with applauding a former player for what he's done in the past and it's nice to see a lot of players applauding the crowd for giving them appreciation. But this is about scoring a goal. I think not celebrating is as stupid as kissing the badge.

Lampard, in my opinion, did act like a twat. Happy he scored though.

BlueTG said:
Also I remember Tevez literally apologising for scoring twice against West Ham, with whom he only spent ONE year with. I don't remember such an uproar with some posters then, it was marked as 'class' and 'dignity'.

Remember that one clearly. What an utter joke that was. Than again, Tevez was an utter joke as a person.

Alright, if there're so much different views on him, I'll say mine with something what for some reason hasn't been mentioned here...

I've respected Lamps a lot long before his move to us, and gone crazy when he scored yesterday, but what he did after the final whistle.... It's hard to respect him as a City fan after it.

He clapped to the city fans a little without any respect while going to the chelskis stand, and was applauding to and cheering them (on the top level, with his hands high and stuff) for, like, half a minute. Then he headed to the exit, and turned to cheer chelskis several times. From the moment he headed to the exit and when he reached it, he only made 5 claps to city fans, and, what is even worse, with a face full of aversion.

It may seem that I cavil, but it was my first impression when I saw it and it was after the game where he equalised for us, I hadn't thought about criticizing him before he did this, conversely - as I've said earlier, I had a huge respect for him both as a player and a man. Even wanted to buy his City shirt, even though I don't like the new design much...

I don't mind not celebrating a goal against a former club and it's a right thing to thank the fans of your old team. But what he did is far from respectable things, and I don't think I'll forgive him... He showed he's here like against his will and he doesn't want to be here...

He showed no respect for City and our fans...

I'll still appreciate him as a player if he continues to perform good, but I would have ambivalent feelings...

The overreaction on here is hilarious. Imagine Kompany moving to Chelsea and then not applauding us in the away stand. Its tough to keep bluemoon happy.

I remember Dickov scoring at the etihad against us and celebrating like a lunatic with a knee slide and everyfink. He got mullered by our fans on here. Super Frank was showing respect fir his old fans who idolised him.
He's too much of a professional to try and miss as some have suggested, come on.

I can't believe the faux outrage about this (or can I) he went and clapped his old teams fans, big issue.. he seemed to spend quite a while clapping the East Stand as I was making my way down so not like he ignored the City fans like some would have you think.

Some of you lot need to give your fannies a wipe, it's embarassing!

SlimShadyRus said:
Alright, if there're so much different views on him, I'll say mine with something what for some reason hasn't been mentioned here...

I've respected Lamps a lot long before his move to us, and gone crazy when he scored yesterday, but what he did after the final whistle.... It's hard to respect him as a City fan after it.

He clapped to the city fans a little without any respect while going to the chelskis stand, and was applauding to and cheering them (on the top level, with his hands high and stuff) for, like, half a minute. Then he headed to the exit, and turned to cheer chelskis several times. From the moment he headed to the exit and when he reached it, he only made 5 claps to city fans, and, what is even worse, with a face full of aversion.

It may seem that I cavil, but it was my first impression when I saw it and it was after the game where he equalised for us, I hadn't thought about criticizing him before he did this, conversely - as I've said earlier, I had a huge respect for him both as a player and a man. Even wanted to buy his City shirt, even though I don't like the new design much...

I don't mind not celebrating a goal against a former club and it's a right thing to thank the fans of your old team. But what he did is far from respectable things, and I don't think I'll forgive him... He showed he's here like against his will and he doesn't want to be here...

He showed no respect for City and our fans...

I'll still appreciate him as a player if he continues to perform good, but I would have ambivalent feelings...

Unbelievable.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.