Player topic: Frank Lampard (2014/15)

Re: Frank Lampard

dobobobo said:
kippaxblue76 said:
whp.blue said:
The lest said about Milner in a Lampard thread the better One is one of the best Midfielders in prem history and the other is Milner

a bit like comparing Caviar Bellini to a Spam Barm

Don't talk bollocks, Milner is a vital part of our squad. Totally different players but obviously you haven't noticed.

Yep, seems to of missed who assisted Frank's goals against Chelsea and Sheffield Wednesday.

(Not sure who assisted Frank today due to shit stream)
I never said they were the same type of player I stated Milner was not in the same class as Lampard
Go back and watch the games again only this time don't just look for Milners two good passes: count how many times he gives the ball away, most times he isn't even under any pressure and don't even get me started on his shooting.

Also look at the Villa home game from last season Milner wasted about 10 good crossing opportunities when we were nil nil
then he was then taken off and within a few minutes Zabba took up his position and we scored two goals from Zabbas crosses.

Are you actually trying to argue Milner is in the same class as Lampard?

Since Barry left Milner is probably the weakest midfield player at the club and he gets plaudits from the media etc. just because he is English I don't care if we have no Englishmen in the squad and I think we can improve on Milner in our midfield.

He is a jack of all trades and a master of none once Fernando is fit he will be back on the bench

I am quote surprised how well lampard has performed for us so far and I'm very pleased however to me it does show up the fact that Silva, Nasri, Fernandinho and to a lesser extent Yaya need to learn from his positioning abilities to be in the right place to bag some goals.

blueplan said:
Frank is an intelligent footballer. He has gained recognition from his peers & football writer. PFA & FWA awards (Individual Footballer of the year) Including UEFA honors. attest to that.
FL is one the the 2 Best English Midfielders (the other is SG) the past score years. All others like the Ginger Poseur are not. Litmus test? See their individual honors portfolio. Don't listen to the red propaganda machine.

After this season FL will get to be more famous without the propaganda.

.......Steven Gerrard, quite right, is the other one.......

Yes been really impressive in the games he's featured so far and may prove an exceptionally shrewd signing for us this season. I'm sure Pellers will do all he can to keep him through January when of course Yaya will be missing. That ability to arrive in the box and find just enough space to get his shots off are invaluable to any side and as he's done it so consistently over a large period of time it shows how difficult it is to stop a player with such ability and knowhow.

Of course at 36 the obvious concern is whether he can still get forward as effectively as he has done in recent times. So far his form suggests he has no problem joining up with the attack and scoring the typical 'Frankie' style goals.

He looks like part of the furniture here already. Long may it continue.

whp.blue said:
dobobobo said:
kippaxblue76 said:
Don't talk bollocks, Milner is a vital part of our squad. Totally different players but obviously you haven't noticed.

Yep, seems to of missed who assisted Frank's goals against Chelsea and Sheffield Wednesday.

(Not sure who assisted Frank today due to shit stream)
I never said they were the same type of player I stated Milner was not in the same class as Lampard
Go back and watch the games again only this time don't just look for Milners two good passes: count how many times he gives the ball away, most times he isn't even under any pressure and don't even get me started on his shooting.

Also look at the Villa home game from last season Milner wasted about 10 good crossing opportunities when we were nil nil
then he was then taken off and within a few minutes Zabba took up his position and we scored two goals from Zabbas crosses.

Are you actually trying to argue Milner is in the same class as Lampard?

Since Barry left Milner is probably the weakest midfield player at the club and he gets plaudits from the media etc. just because he is English I don't care if we have no Englishmen in the squad and I think we can improve on Milner in our midfield.

He is a jack of all trades and a master of none once Fernando is fit he will be back on the bench
Total bollocks all this if you don't mind me saying so.

Hope City will do everything they can to keep him for the entire season,we really need goals from the midfield as we lack in that department,frank is stepping up and doing it for us as of now...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.