Player topic: Frank Lampard (2014/15)

Re: Frank Lampard

Funtime Frankie's footballing brain is still brilliant, as are the runs he makes from midfield. It's little wonder he's scored as many as he has during his career and I, for one, hope that many of our younger players get to watch him train while he's here. His experience will be invaluable in the dressing room and on the training field while at City. I'm afraid it wasn't Yaya's night last night and when Lampard came on we looked a much more threatening attacking force.

Rodney Marsh's Hair said:
Funtime Frankie's footballing brain is still brilliant, as are the runs he makes from midfield. It's little wonder he's scored as many as he has during his career and I, for one, hope that many of our younger players get to watch him train while he's here. His experience will be invaluable in the dressing room and on the training field while at City. I'm afraid it wasn't Yaya's night last night and when Lampard came on we looked a much more threatening attacking force.

It's never Yaya's night anymore.

Was saying last night, if you watch Frank and only Frank, it's amazing how his head is always turning, he's so aware of what and who is around him.

What a player.

Seriously, our young players should be watching everything he does. His movement and shooting from distance is absolutely top class.

His football brain is still there and, as somebody else noted, his head is always up and on the move for space.

You'd think it was Yaya who was 5 years older than Lampard!

If you are a young player at City n you do want to be the best then just watch this guy.

Watch him in training, watch him in preparation watch him in matches and on the bench, watch him conduct himself.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
It comes to something when we are relying on a 36 yr old loan player to make us tick at the moment.

He has been excellent and was again last night. Looks a goal threat every time we go forward which lets just say is more than Toure/Fernandino/Silva do at the moment.

I would have thought that relying on a 36yr old was a wee bit better than relying on a 38yr old, but he does provide real solidity in the midfield. You can see why so many CFC fans were rather upset when he wasn't retained. If he stays fit he can do the job he's been doing for the last two decades wherever he goes, and someone else can do the running for him. Athleticism is no substitute for a football brain, and Frank is endowed with that more than many in the PL.

quiet_riot said:
Was saying last night, if you watch Frank and only Frank, it's amazing how his head is always turning, he's so aware of what and who is around him.

He's also always in contact with other players around him. Watch when he makes a pass, he'll often afterwards acknowledge other players who have given him options, as if to say 'keep doing that, I'm aware of what you are doing and next time I'll pass to you'.

quiet_riot said:

I remember when we played Chelsea a few years back - could have been after we "stole" Robinho - I watched Lampard all game and he was unbelievable. Probably one of the best performances I have seen by any player from the opposition at our place. He knows exactly where his teammates are and is always aware of his next pass. As you say he is always moving around the pitch and glancing left and right to see who is open. An extremely intelligent footballer - which is why he can still play like he can - and a real asset to us with his goal threat - currently much better than Yaya in that attacking role as well. Very similar to Scholes in that regard, not as good as passing but better in attack and also not a massive ****.

I would start him ahead of Ya Ya at the moment but hey thats never going to happen is it!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.