Player topic: Frank Lampard (2014/15)

Re: Frank Lampard

Think pellegrini brought him on a but too early, as he did in another game recently. Would only ever have him on for the last 15/20, maybe 25 at the most. People might not think thats long enough but his legs arent there these days and I think theres more chance of him coming on and making an impact in the last 15/20 against more tired legs than he was yesterday coming on after 56 mins

The Fat el Hombre said:
Think pellegrini brought him on a but too early, as he did in another game recently. Would only ever have him on for the last 15/20, maybe 25 at the most. People might not think thats long enough but his legs arent there these days and I think theres more chance of him coming on and making an impact in the last 15/20 against more tired legs than he was yesterday coming on after 56 mins

It's that time again.

head-in-hands.jpg

dobobobo said:
The Fat el Hombre said:

It's that time again.

head-in-hands.jpg

Go on then. Explain

The Fat el Hombre said:
I think he thought, at 0-0, we needed a bit more from midfield in terms of scoring a goal. So he brought Lampard on.

He realised his mistake in that and rectified it by bringing on Fernando as the Lamoard and Yaya mid was too open. Bringing Fernando on won us the game IMO.

KippaxCitizen said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
I think he thought, at 0-0, we needed a bit more from midfield in terms of scoring a goal. So he brought Lampard on.

He realised his mistake in that and rectified it by bringing on Fernando as the Lamoard and Yaya mid was too open. Bringing Fernando on won us the game IMO.
MP said that Fernando wasn't ready to come on at that point (when Fernandhino was injured), Lampard had already been warming up and was ready, so it wasn't a mistake, it was the option available at that moment.

KippaxCitizen said:
The Fat el Hombre said:

That's how I saw it too.

MCC said:
KippaxCitizen said:
The Fat el Hombre said:

That's how I saw it too.
Its not how MP saw it though. Strangely enough he hadn't anticipated an injury to Fernandhino, so Fernando wasn't warming up, whilst Lampard had been warming up, pretty much since half time, and was the only immediate sub available, Fernando then started warming up, and was brought on as soon as he was ready.

While I despise Maureens spivs I've always had an affection for Frank I really hope we can swing it to have him stay beyond January as I think he's still got a season in him at the highest level and has a big part to play in our season don't see him as a fixture in the starting 11 in the prem but what a bench weapon in case of injuries or tactic change it's just a question of whether Franks interested in that role.

Pieblue said:
Did anyone else notice Lampard's shout of joy when he ran over to congratulate Aguero after his goal? I would still expect him to bleed Chelsea blood after the career he had with them, but I admire his commitment, and his will for us to win.

yeah i noticed that,

I wasnt aware that lampard was the only real sub available at the time. Hopefully that was the only reason lampard came on so early and pelle won't keep bringing him on after 55 minutes or so in future, cos I think we're more likely to get something out of him bringing him on for the last 15/20

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.