Player topic: Frank Lampard (2014/15)

Re: Frank Lampard

CAPTAINKIPPAX said:
While I despise Maureens spivs I've always had an affection for Frank I really hope we can swing it to have him stay beyond January as I think he's still got a season in him at the highest level and has a big part to play in our season don't see him as a fixture in the starting 11 in the prem but what a bench weapon in case of injuries or tactic change it's just a question of whether Franks interested in that role.
I'm sure he'd be happy to be an impact sub for the whole season and pick up a medal.

The Fat el Hombre said:
dobobobo said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
Think pellegrini brought him on a but too early, as he did in another game recently. Would only ever have him on for the last 15/20, maybe 25 at the most. People might not think thats long enough but his legs arent there these days and I think theres more chance of him coming on and making an impact in the last 15/20 against more tired legs than he was yesterday coming on after 56 mins

It's that time again.

head-in-hands.jpg

Go on then. Explain

You make these sort of comments but, have you ever been in the physio room when he signed and each week since he signed?

No, you haven't. Thus, how can you say you know better than Pellegrini?

The Fat el Hombre said:
I wasnt aware that lampard was the only real sub available at the time.
Was something MP said after the game in an interview, but certainly Fernando wasn't warming up, until Fernandhino went down injured, because I looked over to see who was warming up, and Fernando was running down the touchline still putting on his training vest.

Lampard was obviously being readied though, as he was warming up soon after half time.

dobobobo said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
dobobobo said:
It's that time again.

head-in-hands.jpg

Go on then. Explain

You make these sort of comments but, have you ever been in the physio room when he signed and each week since he signed?

Believe it or not managers dont get everything right every time and people will have opinions that differ. Obviously I haven't been in the physio room so I can only go off what I see on the pitch, and from what I've seen I think its better to use him (even) more sparingly, like when he came on for the last twelve minutes against chelsea, equalised and very almost won it.

Do you have anything at all to add to the discussion or are you just going to post silly pictures and tell people that they cant comment because pellegrini knows best?

The Fat el Hombre said:
dobobobo said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
Go on then. Explain

Believe it or not managers dont get everything right every time and people will have opinions that differ. Obviously I haven't been in the physio room so I can only go off what I see on the pitch, and from what I've seen I think its better to use him (even) more sparingly, like when he came on for the last twelve minutes against chelsea, equalised and very almost won it.

Do you have anything at all to add to the discussion or are you just going to post silly pictures and tell people that they cant comment because pellegrini knows best?

I never said you can't post an opinion, it's just my opinion that's yours is one formed on very little information. Indeed managers can get things wrong, but those people who sit on the bench with him aren't there just for fun.

As for the bit in bold, I agree, but if he had come on earlier perhaps that longer period would of been enough to win the match. You're talking about Frank Lampard as if he is a machine who can only operate for a set period of time.

Thus, these two points resulted me in visually expressing myself through images obtained via Google Images.

To be honest, Lampard looks more like a striker than a midfielder now. He's still got that goal threat, but his work other than that is not anywhere near top level midfield play. He doesn't do any defending and he doesn't really get involved in the build up, he's pretty invisible untill the final third. But that seems to be his strength, he seems to ghost into dangerous areas. No way should he be starting games, or used in a midfield two, but he looks a very useful player to bring on for the last 10-15 minutes when we need a goal and can afford to abandon our midfield a bit. I wouldn't want to be needing him to do anymore than that though.

Talk to....talk to Frank.....talk to......talk to Frank.....talk to......talk to Frank......talk to Frankie Lampard..............

BigOscar said:
To be honest, Lampard looks more like a striker than a midfielder now. He's still got that goal threat, but his work other than that is not anywhere near top level midfield play. He doesn't do any defending and he doesn't really get involved in the build up, he's pretty invisible untill the final third. But that seems to be his strength, he seems to ghost into dangerous areas. No way should he be starting games, or used in a midfield two, but he looks a very useful player to bring on for the last 10-15 minutes when we need a goal and can afford to abandon our midfield a bit. I wouldn't want to be needing him to do anymore than that though.
Totally agree. Even when he was at his peak he gave the ball away a lot. Phenomenal finisher, though.

dobobobo said:
I never said you can't post an opinion, it's just my opinion that's yours is one formed on very little information.

My opinion is based on what I've seen on the pitch. Personally I think that's the most important place from which to judge a player and what they can bring to the team. Hardly 'very little information' at all, although I accept it's still early days in Lampard's stint at City.

dobobobo said:
As for the bit in bold, I agree, but if he had come on earlier perhaps that longer period would of been enough to win the match. You're talking about Frank Lampard as if he is a machine who can only operate for a set period of time.

Well that's where we disagree and that's my point here - I think that if we'd brought Lampard on after 55 minutes against chelsea then he would have been less likely to score a goal at all, as opposed to having more time to bag the two goals that would have got us the win. I think from what I've seen so far he's best used in a very short window of time (about 15-20 minutes) towards the end of a game. Dunno what the robot comment is about but yea, I do see him as an ageing player with a distinct lack of mobility these days who is best used for a very short period of time

dobobobo said:
Thus, these two points resulted me in visually expressing myself through images obtained via Google Images.

Well done

The Fat el Hombre said:
dobobobo said:
I never said you can't post an opinion, it's just my opinion that's yours is one formed on very little information.

My opinion is based on what I've seen on the pitch. Personally I think that's the most important place from which to judge a player and what they can bring to the team. Hardly 'very little information' at all, although I accept it's still early days in Lampard's stint at City.

dobobobo said:

Well that's where we disagree and that's my point here - I think that if we'd brought Lampard on after 55 minutes against chelsea then he would have been less likely to score a goal at all, as opposed to having more time to bag the two goals that would have got us the win. I think from what I've seen so far he's best used in a very short window of time (about 15-20 minutes) towards the end of a game. Dunno what the robot comment is about but yea, I do see him as an ageing player with a distinct lack of mobility these days who is best used for a very short period of time

dobobobo said:

Well done

Both of you need to talk to Frank ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.