Player topic: Frank Lampard (2014/15)

Re: Lampard

His experience and awareness of everybody around him is invaluable.
Plus his first time passes, more often than not, hit the mark.

Cracking player.

Shame we didn't make him a signing back in 2008!

Most of our urgency in passing from our midfield came from him tonight. A great first time passer, accurate. Great pass over the top to Serg for the goal.

mad zab said:
Falastur said:
Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
Sticking neck out time - we'll have him till the end of March!!

Can't see it. He would miss the first four or five games of the MLS season if that happened. I reckon he'll be gone by the second week of February, and it's probably for the best.

I am not so sure Falstur.....if we qualify for the CL knock out stages, I could see him staying until the end of the season.

I really can't see that happening. I can't see NYCFC agreeing to it, and if Soriano has an ounce of sense he'll hopefully prioritise giving NYCFC a good start over giving us one extra player for a few more months. The NYCFC fans are still only a couple of gentle nudges away from turning on CFG and many are quite willing to abandon the club if it looks like NYCFC is just MCFC's lapdog. If we steal one of their prize assets right at the very point they are supposed to be bursting onto the scene with all pomp and ceremony then the relationship between NYCFC and its fans could be permanently corroded. I know a lot here will reply "I couldn't care less about NYCFC", but I honestly believe that it's in CFG's - and by extension, City's - best interests to make NYCFC successful, and it will certainly cause a lot of damage to CFG's name in the long run if they spend $100m on creating a MLS team only for it to massively backfire and get no fans turning up every game because they insisted on allocating all of its resources to Manchester every time we look like we're going through a rough patch.

Maybe if we had three more points in both the PL and CL I'd be more anxious to keep him, but frankly I think we all know that we aren't going to win either competition this season, so I'm not sure what the virtue is in being so precious over a player who is not ours to dictate terms to.

Falastur said:
Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
Sticking neck out time - we'll have him till the end of March!!

Can't see it. He would miss the first four or five games of the MLS season if that happened. I reckon he'll be gone by the second week of February, and it's probably for the best.

Can you just clarify that point ?? Are you suggesting that he`s been shit for us, so far ??

He is living proof of how fickle footy fans are.
"I've always rated him".. Pretty sure you were calling him a fat cockney **** a few years ago

Very good again, fat Frank still has it.

I never had problems with Lampard, he always looked like decent guy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.