Player topic: Frank Lampard (2014/15)

Re: Frank Lampard

Falastur said:
The_Maverick said:
Crazy idea here

*puts on tin hat*

With the current injuries to the strikers, why not let Lampard return to NYC on the basis the David Villa comes to us on a 3 month loan.

Both clubs win. NYC get a big name for the launch of the season, we get a striker in for free who, I guess at 33, wouldn't be unhappy at being on the bench when Aqueroet al are fit.

I think you're missing the point. NYCFC fans aren't upset because they want Frank Lampard, they're upset because they want the marquee players (DPs) they were promised. If you give them back Lampard but take away Villa, you'll just redirect their anger at Villa and the situation will continue anew.
Obviously contracts mean nothing. I don't say that because him seeing out our season is bad for us, but supporters of NYC will be feeling let down by this just as we would if something similar happened to us. It was bad enough when we signed Jo and the first thing he did was to opt for playing for Brazil in the Olympics. In retrospect, I wish that competition had lasted for months rather than weeks, but at that time and with us knowing very little about him, we were all disappointed at this lack of commitment to the club who were happy to meet his wage demands, and I expect NYC fans to feel likewise now about Lampard.

dobobobo said:
Hamann Pineapple said:
Staying till May
<a class="postlink" href="http://newyorkcitywatch.sportsblog.com/posts/1477456/lampard_will_stay_in_england.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://newyorkcitywatch.sportsblog.com/ ... gland.html</a>

Yeah, according to a fucking blog!

Oooh, get you.

Ray78 said:
If NYCFC can secure another marquee replacement and both his partner and the player are happy to stay in England until the end of the Premier League's season then there isn't a problem to be honest.

You wouldn't think so Ray......have a look on their forum.....arrogant fuckers mate,it's all "we want,I want,I don't like,blah,blah blah".....my favorite is a constant "this is New York City"...."you can't treat New Yorkers like that"...not a ball kicked and one of them already mentioned boycotting games if he ain't there for the start of the season.I can understand them being pissed off,but "over the top",is an understatement.

SPIDERBOY said:
Ray78 said:
If NYCFC can secure another marquee replacement and both his partner and the player are happy to stay in England until the end of the Premier League's season then there isn't a problem to be honest.

You wouldn't think so Ray......have a look on their forum.....arrogant fuckers mate,it's all "we want,I want,I don't like,blah,blah blah".....my favorite is a constant "this is New York City"...."you can't treat New Yorkers like that"...not a ball kicked and one of them already mentioned boycotting games if he ain't there for the start of the season.I can understand them being pissed off,but "over the top",is an understatement.

Sounds a lot like BlueMoon.

SPIDERBOY said:
Ray78 said:

That smells of them not being pure NYCFC fans imho.

Falastur said:
The_Maverick said:
Crazy idea here

*puts on tin hat*

With the current injuries to the strikers, why not let Lampard return to NYC on the basis the David Villa comes to us on a 3 month loan.

Both clubs win. NYC get a big name for the launch of the season, we get a striker in for free who, I guess at 33, wouldn't be unhappy at being on the bench when Aqueroet al are fit.

I think you're missing the point. NYCFC fans aren't upset because they want Frank Lampard, they're upset because they want the marquee players (DPs) they were promised. If you give them back Lampard but take away Villa, you'll just redirect their anger at Villa and the situation will continue anew.

Why should we, Manchester City fans, give a shit about how fans of a totally different club feels?

SPIDERBOY said:
Haha, the idea of "boycotting" a club that has never kicked a ball in anger is hillarious. Who did they support before NYCFC was formed ?

cleavers said:
SPIDERBOY said:
Haha, the idea of "boycotting" a club that has never kicked a ball in anger is hillarious. Who did they support before NYCFC was formed ?
Who do you think?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.