Player topic: Frank Lampard (2014/15)

Re: Frank Lampard

aguero93:20 said:
Justin62 said:
As a long time Man City fan and a new NYCFC fan who lives in New York, I think a lot of you are misinterpreting why it is that its such a huge deal in NYC that Lampard may extend his stay. We understand that Man City is a parent club but that does not give them the right to dictate where Frank plays. Frank's contract isn't owned by City group, its owned by MLS, and MLS should be able to rip him out and bring him back if they are so inclined. However they won't and its a huge problem.

MLS has already had a set up like NYCFC before with the team Chivas USA who were owned by Liga MX team Chinas Guadalajara. That entire operation was a failure and resulted in Chinas being sold and put on hiatus for the next couple years. Guadalajara tried, along with many other issues like being terrible on field and employing racist policies, to dictate the players owned by Chivas. Many MLS fans are terribly worried the same thing is happening with NYCFC, and so far rightfully so. They see this a being disrespectful not just to the league but also fans like myself who have already shovelled a good deal of money into season tickets and merchandise. I have been seeing the argument that were a plastic club who doesn't have true fans and that should be thankful that City group brought a team to New York but that's ridiculous. NYC has been guaranteed another MLS team for a while, and the commissioner just decided to give ownership to City group when there were likely several groups who would have paid the fee to own them. NYC technically already has the Red Bulls but they play in New Jersey. So for true fans located in the heart of NYC, we have been clamouring for a team within the city as opposed to outside of it. And that's why NYCFC already has a solid fan base.

For Man City to be able to come in and dictate where a player who belongs to NYCFC and MLS plays is ridiculous. Its great to have these relations, but when it comes to a big time player who was marketed as the clubs face to not be here when the season opens is unfair to all those who paid specifically to see him. Its ok to loan him to Man City when they are not playing but to extend the loan into the MLS season isn't. Not when he's a DP. Which in itself is another issue. If we loan Frank it has to be until the MLS season is over or else we lose a Designated Player slot. For those who don't know the MLS operates under a cap structure, and only 3 players are allowed to be signed outside the cap. Which would mean, a disadvantage for NYCFC being an expansion club who can't fill their 3 DP slots. This entire situation could end up an embarrassment to all parties involved unless Lampard is in NYC for training in January. City group needs to show NYC fans that they are more than just a cash grab or feeder club to Man City or else they could lose support quick and end up a financial failure, which is what happened with Chivas despite being in a major market in LA.

NYCFC aren't training in New York in January though, they're training in East Manchester, so it shouldn't be a problem if we need to use Lamps up to the first leg vs Barcelona tbf, gives you lot plenty of time to get him integrated, you'll have him available for the first game of the MLS season in top physical condition (far better than he would be from pre-season alone) and sharp and it lets us cover Yaya Toure's absence during the AFCON and his CL suspension.

I think an awful lot of your fans need to wind their necks in and stop the histrionics unless it is confirmed he'll miss MLS fixtures. Don't forget you'll be getting plenty of Lampard style players from us in the future and loans of young prospects which will help with your salary cap.

Justin62:
I'm convinced NYC will not be regarded as a feeder club for Man.City i.e. convinced Sheik Mansour and the board at both clubs see it this way. It's more like your interpretation when Lampard, who indeed has signed for NYC, does actually extend his loandeal. I hope and think in the future all clubs connected to the City group can help eachother in various ways. But the whole project hasn't even started yet other than on paper. It will more or less when NYC starts prepairing for their first MSL game.
I myself think Lampard will stick around at Man.City for a few weeks more, but it has to be by mutual consent. I also think he would like to have a few weeks training with his new mates at NYC. The MSL starts in March, so it wouldn't be too hard to find a solution that will please all parties. But obvioulsy it's first up to NYC and the player. For us it's just a loanplayer in the end. A good one though and one for you and NYC-fans to look foreward to defending your colours.

He will surely stay till the end of January at the least ,which covers Yaya's absence ,but likely will go back to NY with his teammates when they finish pre season work over here.

I think the New York fans need to realise that is a unique situation and will be unlikely to play out again. City being dogged with injuries, coupled with Lampard's great form has prompted this situation. They are their own club and their fans are within their rights to express their grievances, but if Frank has the opportunity to have his hey day they also shouldnt stand in his way. I don't think anyone expected Lampard to slot in as seemlessly as he has, even the man himself. He has a good few years ahead of him in the mls, but let him stay where is til the end of the season as he has a big part to play.

Sound like a bunch of spoiled kids to me....

Since NYCFC are a new club and effectively starting at the bottom, maybe we should buy them some players from Accrington, they'll probably need to dumb it down a bit for the MLS but would appreciate an extended holiday in the states.

;)

moomba said:
waspish said:
moomba said:
I'd imagine they did when he signed a contract to play for NYCFC.

So players can't change there mind?
Of course they can. But he made a 2 year commitment to NYCFC (not Manchester City) only a few months ago.
I hope NYCFCs CEO doesn't mind. As at the end of the day, that's the only thing that matters.

Joe Hart's Dandruff said:
I think the New York fans need to realise that is a unique situation and will be unlikely to play out again. City being dogged with injuries, coupled with Lampard's great form has prompted this situation. They are their own club and their fans are within their rights to express their grievances, but if Frank has the opportunity to have his hey day they also shouldnt stand in his way. I don't think anyone expected Lampard to slot in as seemlessly as he has, even the man himself. He has a good few years ahead of him in the mls, but let him stay where is til the end of the season as he has a big part to play.

Coupled with the fact that Yaya is gone for a month

Don't understand why people are saying that losing Lampard for an extra couple of months would be a major blow to the NYFC franchise.

Imagine if he came to them as a Premiership/Champions League champion...

DenisLawBackHeel74 said:
Sound like a bunch of spoiled kids to me....

Since NYCFC are a new club and effectively starting at the bottom, maybe we should buy them some players from Accrington, they'll probably need to dumb it down a bit for the MLS but would appreciate an extended holiday in the states.

;)

Correct.

Many of NYCFC fans have so far come across as petulant and spoilt. The general consensus is that Lampard doesn't want to move to the states. But did it ever occur to them that a player who is currently on the wrong side of 30 might just want to get his hands on one last premier league trophy before making a move? The premier league is arguably the most prestigious competition in the world. He's not going to want to bail early and miss out.

I suspect they'll be in for a shock in New York when they find that the club isn't running riot in the MLS first season and they're sat bottom of the table. We're also experiencing such issues with the Champions League, it's never happened overnight and it never will.

With all these side projects going on outside of Manchester, whether they like it or not it's still very much our name as the centrepiece. Our players and club execs putting in a good word here and there is what brings such names as Villa and Lampard through the doors. More names will come through via our club. And you can bet NYCFC, Melbourne City F.C and Yokohama F. Marinos will all be the first to get their hands on our youth products in aid of their clubs.

I felt pretty sour myself when SWP fucked off to Chelsea only to come back half the player he fucking was. But I and may others didn't spout this "I'm a season ticket holder and I have rights" bollocks. At this rate they can all fuck off. The US just doesn't get it. Fuck 'em all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.