Player topic: Frank Lampard (2014/15)

Re: Frank Lampard

Justin62 said:
As a long time Man City fan and a new NYCFC fan who lives in New York, I think a lot of you are misinterpreting why it is that its such a huge deal in NYC that Lampard may extend his stay. We understand that Man City is a parent club but that does not give them the right to dictate where Frank plays. Frank's contract isn't owned by City group, its owned by MLS, and MLS should be able to rip him out and bring him back if they are so inclined. However they won't and its a huge problem.

MLS has already had a set up like NYCFC before with the team Chivas USA who were owned by Liga MX team Chinas Guadalajara. That entire operation was a failure and resulted in Chinas being sold and put on hiatus for the next couple years. Guadalajara tried, along with many other issues like being terrible on field and employing racist policies, to dictate the players owned by Chivas. Many MLS fans are terribly worried the same thing is happening with NYCFC, and so far rightfully so. They see this a being disrespectful not just to the league but also fans like myself who have already shovelled a good deal of money into season tickets and merchandise. I have been seeing the argument that were a plastic club who doesn't have true fans and that should be thankful that City group brought a team to New York but that's ridiculous. NYC has been guaranteed another MLS team for a while, and the commissioner just decided to give ownership to City group when there were likely several groups who would have paid the fee to own them. NYC technically already has the Red Bulls but they play in New Jersey. So for true fans located in the heart of NYC, we have been clamouring for a team within the city as opposed to outside of it. And that's why NYCFC already has a solid fan base.

For Man City to be able to come in and dictate where a player who belongs to NYCFC and MLS plays is ridiculous. Its great to have these relations, but when it comes to a big time player who was marketed as the clubs face to not be here when the season opens is unfair to all those who paid specifically to see him. Its ok to loan him to Man City when they are not playing but to extend the loan into the MLS season isn't. Not when he's a DP. Which in itself is another issue. If we loan Frank it has to be until the MLS season is over or else we lose a Designated Player slot. For those who don't know the MLS operates under a cap structure, and only 3 players are allowed to be signed outside the cap. Which would mean, a disadvantage for NYCFC being an expansion club who can't fill their 3 DP slots. This entire situation could end up an embarrassment to all parties involved unless Lampard is in NYC for training in January. City group needs to show NYC fans that they are more than just a cash grab or feeder club to Man City or else they could lose support quick and end up a financial failure, which is what happened with Chivas despite being in a major market in LA.

NYCFC aren't training in New York in January though, they're training in East Manchester, so it shouldn't be a problem if we need to use Lamps up to the first leg vs Barcelona tbf, gives you lot plenty of time to get him integrated, you'll have him available for the first game of the MLS season in top physical condition (far better than he would be from pre-season alone) and sharp and it lets us cover Yaya Toure's absence during the AFCON and his CL suspension.

I think an awful lot of your fans need to wind their necks in and stop the histrionics unless it is confirmed he'll miss MLS fixtures. Don't forget you'll be getting plenty of Lampard style players from us in the future and loans of young prospects which will help with your salary cap.

I'd rather keep one of the best players in the league for another five months
don't care how unprofessional it makes us look

waspish said:
moomba said:
waspish said:
Anyone asked Lampard what he wants?
I'd imagine they did when he signed a contract to play for NYCFC.

So players can't change there mind?
Of course they can. But he made a 2 year commitment to NYCFC (not Manchester City) only a few months ago.

waspish said:
moomba said:
waspish said:
Anyone asked Lampard what he wants?
I'd imagine they did when he signed a contract to play for NYCFC.

So players can't change there mind?

They can, but he's signed a contract and would have to hand in a transfer request etc etc.

My heart says he needs to stay, he's an amazing player, my brain says it will be immensely damaging to the CFG for him to stay beyond his loan, at most we could stretch it for a few weeks, but then no one here knows full loan details so it may even be up till the end of Feb.

Kün said:
moomba said:
Kün said:
They've got no fans. They're just a plastic club at the end of the day. I doubt Lampard will be a big miss, anyway. I'm sure they can live without Lampard for a few more months. Frank has been one of our best players this season. He simply has to stay.

You sound like the rags that used to have a go at us with that platic club bollocks.
What are they, if not plastic? Tags are just jealous that they've got the Yanks and we haven't. City are completely different to NYC though. Unlike us, they've got no history. They've got no fans. The entire reason for their existence is that they're an Arab's sweet plaything.

FFS someone ban him!

aguero93:20 said:
Justin62 said:
As a long time Man City fan and a new NYCFC fan who lives in New York, I think a lot of you are misinterpreting why it is that its such a huge deal in NYC that Lampard may extend his stay. We understand that Man City is a parent club but that does not give them the right to dictate where Frank plays. Frank's contract isn't owned by City group, its owned by MLS, and MLS should be able to rip him out and bring him back if they are so inclined. However they won't and its a huge problem.

MLS has already had a set up like NYCFC before with the team Chivas USA who were owned by Liga MX team Chinas Guadalajara. That entire operation was a failure and resulted in Chinas being sold and put on hiatus for the next couple years. Guadalajara tried, along with many other issues like being terrible on field and employing racist policies, to dictate the players owned by Chivas. Many MLS fans are terribly worried the same thing is happening with NYCFC, and so far rightfully so. They see this a being disrespectful not just to the league but also fans like myself who have already shovelled a good deal of money into season tickets and merchandise. I have been seeing the argument that were a plastic club who doesn't have true fans and that should be thankful that City group brought a team to New York but that's ridiculous. NYC has been guaranteed another MLS team for a while, and the commissioner just decided to give ownership to City group when there were likely several groups who would have paid the fee to own them. NYC technically already has the Red Bulls but they play in New Jersey. So for true fans located in the heart of NYC, we have been clamouring for a team within the city as opposed to outside of it. And that's why NYCFC already has a solid fan base.

For Man City to be able to come in and dictate where a player who belongs to NYCFC and MLS plays is ridiculous. Its great to have these relations, but when it comes to a big time player who was marketed as the clubs face to not be here when the season opens is unfair to all those who paid specifically to see him. Its ok to loan him to Man City when they are not playing but to extend the loan into the MLS season isn't. Not when he's a DP. Which in itself is another issue. If we loan Frank it has to be until the MLS season is over or else we lose a Designated Player slot. For those who don't know the MLS operates under a cap structure, and only 3 players are allowed to be signed outside the cap. Which would mean, a disadvantage for NYCFC being an expansion club who can't fill their 3 DP slots. This entire situation could end up an embarrassment to all parties involved unless Lampard is in NYC for training in January. City group needs to show NYC fans that they are more than just a cash grab or feeder club to Man City or else they could lose support quick and end up a financial failure, which is what happened with Chivas despite being in a major market in LA.

NYCFC aren't training in New York in January though, they're training in East Manchester, so it shouldn't be a problem if we need to use Lamps up to the first leg vs Barcelona tbf, gives you lot plenty of time to get him integrated, you'll have him available for the first game of the MLS season in top physical condition (far better than he would be from pre-season alone) and sharp and it lets us cover Yaya Toure's absence during the AFCON and his CL suspension.

I think an awful lot of your fans need to wind their necks in and stop the histrionics unless it is confirmed he'll miss MLS fixtures. Don't forget you'll be getting plenty of Lampard style players from us in the future and loans of young prospects which will help with your salary cap.
I don't think anyone will be too upset if he stays until the end of the training camp. It's what I was pretty confident of happening a week or so ago.

Frank certainly hasn't lost his knack of timing his runs as his goal tally backs up .but I don't know where all this motm stuff is coming from certainly not a city legend as someone posted .no better or worse than we have .already.at THIS stage of his career

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.