Player topic: Frank Lampard (2014/15)

Re: Frank Lampard

MeatnSpudsMCFC said:
DenisLawBackHeel74 said:
Sound like a bunch of spoiled kids to me....

Since NYCFC are a new club and effectively starting at the bottom, maybe we should buy them some players from Accrington, they'll probably need to dumb it down a bit for the MLS but would appreciate an extended holiday in the states.

;)

Correct.

Many of NYCFC fans have so far come across as petulant and spoilt. The general consensus is that Lampard doesn't want to move to the states. But did it ever occur to them that a player who is currently on the wrong side of 30 might just want to get his hands on one last premier league trophy before making a move? The premier league is arguably the most prestigious competition in the world. He's not going to want to bail early and miss out.

I suspect they'll be in for a shock in New York when they find that the club isn't running riot in the MLS first season and they're sat bottom of the table. We're also experiencing such issues with the Champions League, it's never happened overnight and it never will.

With all these side projects going on outside of Manchester, whether they like it or not it's still very much our name as the centrepiece. Our players and club execs putting in a good word here and there is what brings such names as Villa and Lampard through the doors. More names will come through via our club. And you can bet NYCFC, Melbourne City F.C and Yokohama F. Marinos will all be the first to get their hands on our youth products in aid of their clubs.

I felt pretty sour myself when SWP fucked off to Chelsea only to come back half the player he fucking was. But I and may others didn't spout this "I'm a season ticket holder and I have rights" bollocks. At this rate they can all fuck off. The US just doesn't get it. Fuck 'em all.

Now here is where I think your wrong. He may want to stay and win trophies and that is understandable, but ultimately if MLS decides he is needed in New York, then that's that and he should be on the first plane. However, I think MLS understands the situation and that's why they won't force him back. However, New York fans have every right to be disappointed if he doesn't show up. Without him, its Villa and a bunch of players who they hardly know or heard of.

Your 2nd point is that Man City is bringing these guys in and that they'll benefit from future loans and Inagree to a point. I realize the Man City brand is huge and lends legitimacy, but I think more than anything players from all over the world will be attracted to the idea of going over to North America and getting paid 2 or 3x their worth. Look at Defoe, Keane, Jermaine Jones, Dempsey, Bradley and Kaka among others. Put that team in New York and players will be lining up to come over. As for loans that we may benefit from you are correct, but it must be said its also beneficial to Man City to have their players come over to huge markets where they will get playing time in a competitive league with training facilities that are on par with some of the best in the world. And New York is hardly the only club in MLS that get players loaned from a European club as Benefica and Orlando have a similar arrangement.

Finally, you and other Man City fans may not have complained about SWP and losing other players like NYCFC fans are. But major concession here. Man City can just go out and sign anybody they want to fix it. NYCFC is hamstrung in that they can only get 3 marquee players. Also, its the inaugural season and while there's already a good base, Lampard brings excitement and hype, and if the team gets off to a solid start more fans come flowing in.

SWP's back said:
I hope NYCFCs CEO doesn't mind. As at the end of the day, that's the only thing that matters.

Really? Sad state of affairs if that is the case.

If Frank has changed his mind and wants to stay at City, his decision has to be respected..

Simular things have happened many times over the years, so why is this any different ?

If the Chelsea media ( barclay ) start whining, just remind them about the Obi Mikel transfer..

moomba said:
SWP's back said:
I hope NYCFCs CEO doesn't mind. As at the end of the day, that's the only thing that matters.

In your eyes only flower.

I couldn't give a fuck.

They should loan SWP instead.

Lampard staying at least until Yaya returns is a no brainer, especially with the current lack of fire power.

SWP's back said:
moomba said:
SWP's back said:

In your eyes only flower.

I couldn't give a fuck.

He's right, it's up to Reyna to weigh up the pros and cons and call it, same as Khaldoon makes the calls at City, rather than me or you.

I doubt whether we would try to keep him until the end of the season, just for a few extra weeks stretching into early-mid Feb which would cover Yaya's absence and still give him time to integrate with his new team-mates at NYCFC in advance of the MLS season starting.

NYCFC have the same CEO as City... Ferran Soriano. Reyna is NYCFC's Txiki. I know it's dressed up by the City Football Group tag, but in the end NYCFC and Melbourne City are subsidiaries of Manchester City. Yokohama are not because we only own a minority stake in them, unlike the American and Australian clubs which are majority owned by the "City Football Group". NYCFC fans should get over it, they are going to benefit massively from City in the coming years. Youngsters, veterans and great recruits via our scouting network.

Champions2012! said:
I'd rather keep one of the best players in the league for another five months
don't care how unprofessional it makes us look

Wrong on every level. I care and it makes us look like twats with a capital "T".

Frank just has to go to New York in good time to do plenty of publicity for the concept of the Club and to get to know his new mates. He doesn't need a pre season with them or anything but if he isn't there for the launch then we just look like big time Charlies pushing a smaller league and club around and for once the media dogs will have a valid reason to be on our case.

We wanted him for a cameo role and he has given us much more than that already and with more to come. Anyone who wants to stitch NYC up over this issue is showing traits of the worst type of Rag and Mickey behaviour and should take a long hard look at themselves in the mirror.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.