Player topic: Frank Lampard (2014/15)

Re: Frank Lampard

It will be in everyone's interests that Frank stays till March.Beyond that it won't be in everyone's interests and therein lies the problem.

bammy blue said:
Really hope he stays, plus is having a Spanish World Cup winning forward not enough of a marque signing for New York City to start the season with......

Wait till we borrow him for a while as well ;-)

blueinsa said:
moomba said:
blueinsa said:
The irony being, if he was to go and we missed out on the league, the same foamers would be on here wanting blood and the head of the clown who let him go.

I'm not sure that claim can be backed up by any sort of evidence, and I'm not sure why having a different opinion to yours on how the club should treat this issue classifies anyone as a "foamer".

5 mins on here after any game we drop points or dont win by 5 clear goals or we dont play a certain formation is evidence enough.

He is staying and rightly so.

NY can wait.

There will be ranting if we don't win stuff for sure. But no reason to believe it will be the same people that think Lampard should go to New York for the start of their season like you suggest.

The problem here is one of how NYCFC is looked at, not only in the US but by the world in general.

They have made extremely large strides to protest that they are NOT a feeder club built for the purposes of MCFC getting around FFP and that they are a genuine, long term investment by City in New York and seen as a totally distinct team rather than a second rate team. It's important to build their fanbase both locally and nationally in the US that they are not seen as less equal than City, the Americans do not support teams in the same way that we do and a local identity isn't enough to get them there every week.

The Lampard thing is a marker to people that NYCFC are not a club that are independent and they will do what is best for City rather than the club itself. This annoys the American sensibilities of what a franchise should be.

The issue is that potential NYCFC fans who have put their money up upfront have been told that they are not a second rate team by the PR machine and now that is a promise that is been broken in its first real test.

Neville Kneville said:
SWP's back said:
Dax777 said:
If he left now, he is already a premiership and champions league champion. As much as FC wants the best for City,my hat shouldn't happen at the expense of their best player, shirt seller, and media toast. That some City fans can't see this is bewildering! Yikes!!
Yikes?

Oh do fuck off.

This absolutely. What a complete knobhead.

It's more important to this clown, that an as yet non club, with as yet non fans, gets a publicity stunt fully functioning on time, than for City to have the strongest possible chance of wining the title.

That's what it boils down to. Not whether Lampard plays there or not, but whether it's more important for us to win the league, than for them to wait a few weeks before having Lampard play for them.

I'd suggest if their marketing exercise is so important that it can't be put off for just a few weeks, we might as well give them Aguero while we're at it, as them starting their league with maximum publicity, is obviously more important than us winning ours.

Perhaps they should buy us ?

Cringeworthy stuff if I'm honest. Beginning to feel a bit entitled are we? He is thechnically their player and every club has to start somewhere.

Bokonon said:
Neville Kneville said:
SWP's back said:
Yikes?

Oh do fuck off.

This absolutely. What a complete knobhead.

It's more important to this clown, that an as yet non club, with as yet non fans, gets a publicity stunt fully functioning on time, than for City to have the strongest possible chance of wining the title.

That's what it boils down to. Not whether Lampard plays there or not, but whether it's more important for us to win the league, than for them to wait a few weeks before having Lampard play for them.

I'd suggest if their marketing exercise is so important that it can't be put off for just a few weeks, we might as well give them Aguero while we're at it, as them starting their league with maximum publicity, is obviously more important than us winning ours.

Perhaps they should buy us ?

Cringeworthy stuff if I'm honest. Beginning to feel a bit entitled are we? He is thechnically their player and every club has to start somewhere.

nycfc are our bitches. they do as they are told. end of.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.