Player topic: Frank Lampard (2014/15)

Re: Frank Lampard (staying until end of season confirmed P11

Well NY can cheer up as Yaya will be playing there in a couple of seasons! Quid pro quo! Place your bets.

Rammy Blue said:
oakiecokie said:
I`ll re-iterate what I said before for the benefit of those who continue to slag City off :

Frankie was NEVER on loan at City,he had a short term contract which has been extended,according to Stuart Brennan !!
So people can stop flapping and making noises that we have done the dirty on NYC !!!!

That's not quite the real situation though fella, as we paraded him in NY in his kit etc and sold season tickets off the back of him.

At the end of the day any problems appear to have been sorted amicably by both Clubs,so fuck knows why people are still wetting their fooking knickers.FL has had a change of heart and will only miss approx 6-8 weeks of the new season for his new Club in May.
About time people got off Citys back.

This is excellent news for Manchester City, and all the manic bleating from other fans about irrelevant matters such as FFP shows just what an impact Lamps has had so far this season. I am concerned at the possible consequences this might have on the other clubs in the group, most obviously New York. The Sheikh invested $1 billion to buy the franchise and then brought two wonderful players for the new club. We can all understand the frustration of fans in New York now that they may not see one of the players who was most persuasive in selling season tickets. I think we have to realise that Manchester might be the centre of the City group, because of the greater experience of top level football/soccer and the new facilities the Sheikh has had built, but no single club must be allowed to dominate the others. I am supremely confident that the Sheikh is of this opinion, and I'm sure that we'll see deals before the start of the MLS season, probably/possibly including loan deals taking some of our promising young players to New York for a spell.

New York is a City which offers unrivalled opportunities for the City group, and the returns could well be astronomic so we don't want to alienate people there for any half-season gain. Let's be thankful then that it's the Sheikh, Khaldoon etc who have the final say in the decisions.

The Sports Media in USA are sharpening the knives already.. No surprise really I guess

With Lampard extension, Man City shows lack of regard for NYC fans

By Sports Illustrated @SInow
You never get a second chance to make a first impression, especially in New York City, which doesn’t play second fiddle to anybody. Which is why the decision by Manchester City owners on Wednesday to... etc etc

BluessinceHydeRoad said:
This is excellent news for Manchester City, and all the manic bleating from other fans about irrelevant matters such as FFP shows just what an impact Lamps has had so far this season. I am concerned at the possible consequences this might have on the other clubs in the group, most obviously New York. The Sheikh invested $1 billion to buy the franchise and then brought two wonderful players for the new club. We can all understand the frustration of fans in New York now that they may not see one of the players who was most persuasive in selling season tickets. I think we have to realise that Manchester might be the centre of the City group, because of the greater experience of top level football/soccer and the new facilities the Sheikh has had built, but no single club must be allowed to dominate the others. I am supremely confident that the Sheikh is of this opinion, and I'm sure that we'll see deals before the start of the MLS season, probably/possibly including loan deals taking some of our promising young players to New York for a spell.

New York is a City which offers unrivalled opportunities for the City group, and the returns could well be astronomic so we don't want to alienate people there for any half-season gain. Let's be thankful then that it's the Sheikh, Khaldoon etc who have the final say in the decisions.
1bn dollars to buy the franchise?

Eh

SWP's back said:
BluessinceHydeRoad said:

1bn dollars to buy the franchise?

Eh

Yeah, think it was $100million . . . .

Chippy_boy said:
moomba said:
Disappointed in the decision. I think its short sighted, and casts real doubt on the credibility of the CFG project.

I also wouldn't be surprised if MLS/UEFA look at their rules to stop this sort of thing happening again. That could cost us in the future.

At least the decision has been made, and everyone can move on from there as they see fit. Bit snide to bury the bad news on NYE though.

Whether you want Frank playing for us or not (and given his contribution so far, there can't be many in the not camp), Moomba raises some very good points here.

The success of MCFC is not separate from the success of the CIty Group, it's dependent upon it. A successful global network with the benefits of a worldwide brand, worldwide support, worldwide sponsors, worldwide talent pool etc.

Frank staying is undoubtedly great for our silverware aspirations this year. But as to whether it's the best thing to do overall, I am not sure.

I agree 100%.
That said Sheikh Mansour is obviously OK with this decision so if he's Ok, I'm Ok with it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.