Player topic: Jesus Navas (2014/15)

Pros - gets us up the pitch quickly from our own half.

Cons - rarely beats a man and his crossing can be woeful.

Our most frustrating player...

baggy said:
Pros - gets us up the pitch quickly from our own half.

Cons - rarely beats a man and his crossing can be woeful.

Our most frustrating player...

I guess I have to pay more attention. I've watched every City game and I would say Navas puts in good crosses consistently. I agree that he doesn't beat his fullback on the dribble and is pretty predictable, but when he puts in the cross, it is almost always dangerous. I also agree that at time he needs to make the one-touch cross. He was guilty yesterday at times of taking an extra touch and missing an opportunity. As for his shooting, that to me is the most frustrating part of his game. It seems like every game, he puts himself in one or two positions for a great opportunity at goal and then shanks it. He had a great chance when Jagielka made a mistake yesterday and Silva gave him the pass; he should have buried it!!!!

very frustrating to watch him at times...

His application and effort is excellent and his defensive work is fantastic. He works hard to get into great positions and his general link up play etc is very good.

However, his main problem is his decision making. Far too often he delays his cross slightly and takes an extra touch which allows the defence to recover.

Like others have said also his crossing is inconsistent and he really should be trying to beat the fullback more often.

a good squad player but we could improve on him.

His crossing in general is fantastic and accurate. He doesn't like to just whip the ball in and hope someone gets on the end of it. There are times you have to do that, such as yesterday when on two occasions it really needed to be put in first time. But he has the tendency to look first and try and pick out a man. Most of the time that's the right thing to do.

Underrated by blues.

bitsmith said:
Sorry but there is nothing he is good at except being fast.

Could not agree more, he's no different from the likes of Aaron Lennon we need far far better.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.