Player topic: Jesus Navas (2014/15)

Please please please tell me why we bought this guy he only ever seems to shoot in the cup against lower level opposition and has pace to burn but only uses it to go backwards or sideways

grim up north said:
wilky2868 said:
navas drives me insane, most frustrating player ive ever seen playing for city, and fuck me theres been a few!!

Carnt have been watching very long

But he is though - he has many good attributes but unless you know when to pass, when to take on your man, when to put a cross in or when to take a shot then you may as well be Richard Edghill (sorry Richard!).

He is the opposition's most potent player in every game - he gets into good positions and then can't see a way out so he panics and reverses, often either giving the opposition the chance to regroup or passing it straight to them. We may as well have road friggin runner.

The only reason i can think of that he gets into the team is because he can get back and defend. Fucking just what you need from a winger. The sooner he's gone the better, and the better for City

He can be better and we have all seen it but no need to scapegoat him after the poor team performance today.

As poor as his delivery was, he was the only one today who looked even remotely like making something happen. Which is a bit depressing.

BigOscar said:
As poor as his delivery was, he was the only one today who looked even remotely like making something happen. Which is a bit depressing.

He always look like that as his pace brings him to numerous good positions. That's where it often ends.

I would love to see more of this:[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHbkUbMj3aY[/video]

Like him but would prefer him as a sub more often.
Great defensive qualities but that's not his primary job.
Maybe injuries to Silva/Nasri/Jovetic have forced Pellers' hand somewhat?

I can't fathom why anyone is defending Navas today. He was wasteful, indecisive, and horribly frustrating. The amount of times he made the wrong choice as to whether to beat a man or put in an early ball was shocking. And why was he floating crosses for aguero in the 1st half? He's half the size of the arsenal centre backs! Plus someone needs to show him how to take a corner.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.