Player topic: Jesus Navas (2014/15)

Won't cross first time as he so often should do, cos he's terrified of getting dog's abuse from the terraces when he spoons it out for a goal kick. Only time he did dare to, Koscielny nearly stuck it in his own net. Same applies when shooting; virtual back pass towards the end when he ought to have given it the laces.

Try not to give him too much stick on account of the 'don't give them a hard time if trying their best maxim', but I'm afraid he's nowhere near the standard required for our team.

Harvster said:
Won't cross first time as he so often should do, cos he's terrified of getting dog's abuse from the terraces when he spoons it out for a goal kick. Only time he did dare to, Koscielny nearly stuck it in his own net. Same applies when shooting; virtual back pass towards the end when he ought to have given it the laces.

Try not to give him too much stick on account of the 'don't give them a hard time if trying their best maxim', but I'm afraid he's nowhere near the standard required for our team.
Absolute rubbish

For weeks he's been our best attacking player and he was again today. His link up play with Zabaleta was the only threat we had all game, and as soon as he went off that was it game over.

Navas is a good player, underrated by many because of his tendency to frustrate, but he is effective at both ends of the pitch. My problem is, however, that he isn't good enough to warrant starting every game. That privilege is for Kompany, Yaya, Silva and Aguero who are integral players (ok Hart and Zab too I guess). Navas isn't good enough or influential enough to be regarded as an integral team member, but its not his fault that he is the only player of his kind (i.e. quick and direct) in the whole squad. Given how important he is to the team's structure, signing another player of this type for the left side (Reus?), and also possibly bringing Lopes into the squad, should be a priority in the summer.

The Spanish Aaron Lennon with slightly better low crossing. Problem is that he cant get the yard of space needed to get the cross in anyway so it just ricochets off the first man for a corner that he (or anyone else who takes it) ends up wasting. Even his short passing wasnt getting past the first man today, and the only thing he was good for was tracking back for the ball that he had given away anyway.

We've been crying out for a top winger for bloody ages now and this guy clearly isnt it.

Always rated Navas , but he really needs to work on his final ball , its the only aspect of his game i can criticise , but unfortunately for a winger , the most important , maybe "buzzer" can give him a bit of advice , one of the best crossers and corner takers ever to pull a blue shirt on.

Marvin said:
Harvster said:

Absolute rubbish

For weeks he's been our best attacking player and he was again today. His link up play with Zabaleta was the only threat we had all game, and as soon as he went off that was it game over.

I agree that he is a threat and at least he gets into positions to get a cross in which is more than can be said for Milner today. I thought Pellegrini made two errors today. The first was bringing Lampard on when we were doing ok and on top for the only time in the game and the second was taking Navas off for Dzeko? Who was going to supply the pass for him?

Navas was nowhere near our worst player today but it agree he can be frustrating. I wish he would run at the player more and try to win the odd penalty here and there.

mansour's tow ropes said:
Navas is a good player, underrated by many because of his tendency to frustrate, but he is effective at both ends of the pitch. My problem is, however, that he isn't good enough to warrant starting every game. That privilege is for Kompany, Yaya, Silva and Aguero who are integral players (ok Hart and Zab too I guess). Navas isn't good enough or influential enough to be regarded as an integral team member, but its not his fault that he is the only player of his kind (i.e. quick and direct) in the whole squad. Given how important he is to the team's structure, signing another player of this type for the left side (Reus?), and also possibly bringing Lopes into the squad, should be a priority in the summer.
We blew the opportunity this summer when we were busy flirting with Mangala, Sanchez was available and apparently offered to us but we declined. :(

That was a big goof. Now we are suffering from its effects.

Dax777 said:
mansour's tow ropes said:
We blew the opportunity this summer when we were busy flirting with Mangala, Sanchez was available and apparently offered to us but we declined. :(

That was a big goof. Now we are suffering from its effects.

The way they fucked us last summer is shocking. It was the summer when multiple top players were set to move, some of them for bargains in current market (Sanchez, Fabregas) and they literally kicked us off the market for them.

Imagine if we could buy Sanchez, Fabregas and Di Maria or at least two of them, heck even one. We'd walk through next 5 league campaigns.

Marvin said:
Harvster said:

Absolute rubbish

My friend it was game over well before that, I've defended Navas most of the season as I do for most of our players but simply today shows how frustrating he is, he obviously has the ability but since he signed for us has been constantly taking backward steps, he waits too long to cross the ball the majority off the time, when attacking he plays the ball to feet which slows players down far too much and he won't shoot properly, the passed shot at the end or pass I should say cost us a goal for me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.