Player topic: Jesus Navas (2014/15)

Ray78 said:
pudge said:
Dax777 said:
not really. He wanted Barcelona coz it made more sense. Bigger club, better team, better weather and lesser language barrier. This time we had all the advantages, better club, better language commonality, from our coaches country etc. and our Front office now consist of some of the guys that brought him to Barca's. It was unlikely he'd turn us down had we shown interest and knowing how much Arsenal drags its feet on purchases, he most likely would have been a City player now. We simply corked it!

He preferred London over Manchester and Liverpool.
As do quite a few players, I agree that location plays a rather big part in a players decision.

pudge said:
Ray78 said:

As do quite a few players, I agree that location plays a rather big part in a players decision.

Sorry pudge misunderstood the quote. I am rather pissed off with the crying over Fabregas and Sanchez.

Ray78 said:
Dax777 said:
Ray78 said:
He turned us down the first time to join Barcelona and it would of been more than likely he would of turned us down the second time . Sometimes location is just as important when joining a club.
not really. He wanted Barcelona coz it made more sense. Bigger club, better team, better weather and lesser language barrier. This time we had all the advantages, better club, better language commonality, from our coaches country etc. and our Front office now consist of some of the guys that brought him to Barca's. It was unlikely he'd turn us down had we shown interest and knowing how much Arsenal drags its feet on purchases, he most likely would have been a City player now. We simply corked it!

I totally disagree with you on this. We had our hands tied with the FFPR and the club has rightly decided that Kun is our main man.
this has nothing to do with who the main man is. Kun is our best striker, this doesn't mean we shouldn't bring in a super attacking player if we can. You like many seem to just be giving the club excuses for screwing up. for did not tie our hands. Even in years when we have no restrictions, we make choices about where to go. We made a choice to buy a backup CB instead of an explosive wing forward. We chose to buy a backup goalie that took up a foreign spot instead of finding a local one. We chose buy a good DM instead of attempting to get the leagues most creative CM. Would we have gotten this players if we tried. I don't know. No one does, coz we never tried. That is a major cork up in my book.
We made 2 good decisions all summer, they were both free. Backup RB and backup CM. Lampard by the way was an afterthought. They realized we were short in CM. We didn't need to buy a future CB (actually, I am certain many swore we had him in Nasty 2 years ago.
Club made poor choices, and it's no surprise we are not as explosive as we could be.

Dax777 said:
Ray78 said:
Dax777 said:

I totally disagree with you on this. We had our hands tied with the FFPR and the club has rightly decided that Kun is our main man.
this has nothing to do with who the main man is. Kun is our best striker, this doesn't mean we shouldn't bring in a super attacking player if we can. You like many seem to just be giving the club excuses for screwing up. for did not tie our hands. Even in years when we have no restrictions, we make choices about where to go. We made a choice to buy a backup CB instead of an explosive wing forward. We chose to buy a backup goalie that took up a foreign spot instead of finding a local one. We chose buy a good DM instead of attempting to get the leagues most creative CM. Would we have gotten this players if we tried. I don't know. No one does, coz we never tried. That is a major cork up in my book.
We made 2 good decisions all summer, they were both free. Backup RB and backup CM. Lampard by the way was an afterthought. They realized we were short in CM. We didn't need to buy a future CB (actually, I am certain many swore we had him in Nasty 2 years ago.
Club made poor choices, and it's no surprise we are not as explosive as we could be.

Most of our key players haven't had a pre season with the club and have picked up injuries because of this.

pudge said:
Ray78 said:

i find it funny how much you all like to bend over backwards to accommodate front office cork ups! Why go for any player then? Since they all will prefer London. Besides, this argument is irrelevant, seeing as we DID NOT try to get either if course they preferred the city's of the clubs that sought after them. The most important factor to players often, is whether you want them at your club. If you don't then other considerations are irrelevant.

We didn't try. That's the key.

Dax777 said:
pudge said:
Ray78 said:
i find it funny how much you all like to bend over backwards to accommodate front office cork ups! Why go for any player then? Since they all will prefer London. Besides, this argument is irrelevant, seeing as we DID NOT try to get either if course they preferred the city's of the clubs that sought after them. The most important factor to players often, is whether you want them at your club. If you don't then other considerations are irrelevant.

Because we had other priorities. This isn't Fifa or Football Manager.

Dax777 said:
pudge said:
Ray78 said:

Nobody is bending over anything.

It's a fact that location plays a part in players' decisions. With regards to Sanchez, he wanted to move to London.

Whether that's right or wrong of them is a different matter.

I'm not debating our transfer policy, just the idea that location doesn't play a key factor; sadly it does.

Ray78 said:
Dax777 said:
Ray78 said:

Most of our key players haven't had a pre season with the club and have picked up injuries because of this.
You can go check my arguments from the pre Mangala purchase thread. I pointed out then that both Sanchez and Fabregas will probably make the league 11 based on expectation and factual knowledge of their capabilities. Mangala, On the other hand would be a bit part player. That prediction (an easy one to make by the way) seems to be coming true. I said he wouldn't bench MDM, that he'd be a rotational backup. The response was that he was being developed for the future. But next year there will be another Studly young CB. One already emerged at Athletico. So why buy the future on a restricted budget?

Nothing we did this offseason made sense. Why buy a backup Foreign goalie? When we were getting a restriction on Foreign eligible players? Why buy an expensive future starter when we could improve the present? Why pay money for a DM, when we could have gotten one just as good, if not better on Loan? Why chose not to even attempt to buy either of the 2 best players who everyone knew were surplus at their club?

We had a January plan that didn't work out last January, so without any re-evaluation we just went back to it.

Terrible front office work this summer.

Dax777 said:
Ray78 said:
Dax777 said:

You can go check my arguments from the pre Mangala purchase thread. I pointed out then that both Sanchez and Fabregas will probably make the league 11 based on expectation and factual knowledge of their capabilities. Mangala, On the other hand would be a bit part player. That prediction (an easy one to make by the way) seems to be coming true. I said he wouldn't bench MDM, that he'd be a rotational backup. The response was that he was being developed for the future. But next year there will be another Studly young CB. One already emerged at Athletico. So why buy the future on a restricted budget?

Nothing we did this offseason made sense. Why buy a backup Foreign goalie? When we were getting a restriction on Foreign eligible players? Why buy an expensive future starter when we could improve the present? Why pay money for a DM, when we could have gotten one just as good, if not better on Loan? Why chose not to even attempt to buy either of the 2 best players who everyone knew were surplus at their club?

We had a January plan that didn't work out last January, so without any re-evaluation we just went back to it.

Terrible front office work this summer.

He would of ended up at Chelsea.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.