Player topic: Jesus Navas (2014/15)

pudge said:
Dax777 said:
pudge said:
As do quite a few players, I agree that location plays a rather big part in a players decision.
i find it funny how much you all like to bend over backwards to accommodate front office cork ups! Why go for any player then? Since they all will prefer London. Besides, this argument is irrelevant, seeing as we DID NOT try to get either if course they preferred the city's of the clubs that sought after them. The most important factor to players often, is whether you want them at your club. If you don't then other considerations are irrelevant.

We didn't try. That's the key.
Nobody is bending over anything.

It's a fact that location plays a part in players' decisions. With regards to Sanchez, he wanted to move to London.

Whether that's right or wrong of them is a different matter.

I'm not debating our transfer policy, just the idea that location doesn't play a key factor; sadly it does.
That's just a red herring. Sure location plays a role. How "key" that role is just a guess. Or else, why is Aguero, Yaya, and David here? No one said location doesn't, but it is not the only factor, and you can't just guess, said player would have chosen another location, especially when your club doesn't even try. Of course he'd go to the other location, if for no other reason, they wanted him!

On the other hand, a factor that is seriously "key", is whether the club wants him. If you don't, it doesn't matter how good your city is, they are going somewhere else. (The only player to ever do the opposite of going where you are wantedthat, Osaze) didn't get a good reception. I have had Silva in particular say this a lot, that City showed the most interest and wanted him the most. Madrid was a better city, but it's irrelevant if Madrid doesn't even try.

Dax777 said:
pudge said:
Dax777 said:
i find it funny how much you all like to bend over backwards to accommodate front office cork ups! Why go for any player then? Since they all will prefer London. Besides, this argument is irrelevant, seeing as we DID NOT try to get either if course they preferred the city's of the clubs that sought after them. The most important factor to players often, is whether you want them at your club. If you don't then other considerations are irrelevant.

We didn't try. That's the key.

It's a fact that location plays a part in players' decisions. With regards to Sanchez, he wanted to move to London.

I'm not debating our transfer policy, just the idea that location doesn't play a key factor; sadly it does.
That's just a red herring. Sure location plays a role. How "key" that role is just a guess. Or else, why is Aguero, Yaya, and David here? No one said location doesn't, but it is not the only factor, and you can't just guess, said player would have chosen another location, especially when your club doesn't even try. Of course he'd go to the other location, if for no other reason, they wanted him!

On the other hand, a factor that is seriously "key", is whether the club wants him. If you don't, it doesn't matter how good your city is, they are going somewhere else. (The only player to ever do the opposite of going where you are wantedthat, Osaze) didn't get a good reception. I have had Silva in particular say this a lot, that City showed the most interest and wanted him the most. Madrid was a better city, but it's irrelevant if Madrid doesn't even try.
Well to be fair it's a person's own preference and what they like in their social and private live that dictates their preferred location, not just "Madrid's a better city"

Aguero is record for preferring Manchester because "you can do things that in other places you wouldn’t be able to do. You can go out for a meal, have a stroll around the city centre or a round of golf without any problem at all - the people are very respectful. Personally, like a lot of ‘famous’ people, I want to live in tranquil setting and live a normal life."

Same as Silva.

Some players, however, prefer the big cities and what they offer; London, Paris etc. Their partners and families may prefer it too. Sanchez is someone who let the location of a club help dictate his last career move. Fabregas lived in London for quite a while and it was reported he preferred a move back their because he still had his house there etc..

It's not what is generalized as being a better place to lived, it's what a player wants and prefers in their own life. So yes, location will play a big part.

However, what any of Fabregas and Sanchez has to do with Navas is beyond me. There's a time and place to bemoan the club's dealings if you wish, the Navas thread seems rather odd.

pudge said:
Dax777 said:
pudge said:

Well to be fair it's a person's own preference and what they like in their social and private live that dictates their preferred location, not just "Madrid's a better city"

Aguero is record for preferring Manchester because "you can do things that in other places you wouldn’t be able to do. You can go out for a meal, have a stroll around the city centre or a round of golf without any problem at all - the people are very respectful. Personally, like a lot of ‘famous’ people, I want to live in tranquil setting and live a normal life."

Same as Silva.

Some players, however, prefer the big cities and what they offer; London, Paris etc. Their partners and families may prefer it too. Sanchez is someone who let the location of a club help dictate his last career move. Fabregas lived in London for quite a while and it was reported he preferred a move back their because he still had his house there etc..

It's not what is generalized as being a better place to lived, it's what a player wants and prefers in their own life. So yes, location will play a big part.

However, what any of Fabregas and Sanchez has to do with Navas is beyond me. There's a time and place to bemoan the club's dealings if you wish, the Navas thread seems rather odd.
alright back to Navas then. Perhaps I should start a separate thread on how we feel about our purchases and decisions this summer.

As for Navas, he is a fantastic role player. Probably the most consistent at the club. Intense offensive threat, immense speed, and no one works harder to help out the defense. Not even Jimmy, who gets lauded for been a super defensive helper. Jesus has been great for us. Too bad he is being asked to be a star, when he simply is just a different option.

Love him, and know he'd put in better crosses if we made quicker decisions moving into the final third. He too needs to improve his decision making and vary his output. He often cuts to the byline and tries a cross, which most defenders know now and simply make sure he doesn't have enough room to use his speed, let him have the line and go for the block. It is also obvious to any nitwit he is not gonna cross up. It has to be on the ground as we have tiny forwards.

So his shirtcomings are partly his and partly a function of our personnel. I'd actually try him out on the left, cutting in at pace,. This might actually help di stabilize defenses. Let Milner start on the right for a change. I got excited when I saw them change for a minute. But it lasted only one run up. :(

Dax777 said:
pudge said:
Dax777 said:

Same as Silva.

alright back to Navas then. Perhaps I should start a separate thread on how we feel about our purchases and decisions this summer.

As for Navas, he is a fantastic role player. Probably the most consistent at the club. Intense offensive threat, immense speed, and no one works harder to help out the defense. Not even Jimmy, who gets lauded for been a super defensive helper. Jesus has been great for us. Too bad he is being asked to be a star, when he simply is just a different option.

Love him, and know he'd put in better crosses if we made quicker decisions moving into the final third. He too needs to improve his decision making and vary his output. He often cuts to the byline and tries a cross, which most defenders know now and simply make sure he doesn't have enough room to use his speed, let him have the line and go for the block. It is also obvious to any nitwit he is not gonna cross up. It has to be on the ground as we have tiny forwards.

So his shirtcomings are partly his and partly a function of our personnel. I'd actually try him out on the left, cutting in at pace,. This might actually help di stabilize defenses. Let Milner start on the right for a change. I got excited when I saw them change for a minute. But it lasted only one run up. :(
[video]https://vine.co/v/OjUEWZriwOd[/video]

Shocking cross, Silva has a tap in and Sergio's not too badly placed either if he plays it in front of them into the open space towards the goal. Tons of time from the initial pass (on the break) to make his mind up and he hits it behind them all and straight to a defender.

That cross isn't going anywhere near a City player even if the defender misses it.

What a frustrating player.

Navas is only good when he's acting the Greyhound chasing a Rabbit. But when he catches the Rabbit, he hasn't the foggiest what to do with it.

Its like everytime he looks up, he is looking for Negredo and doesn't know what to do cos he aint here anymore.

The guy is one of the quickest in the world, meant to be a winger, yet doesn't go pass players like a winger does. He runs, gets to the player, bottles it and passes it inside.

His crossing is only effective if there's a big target in the middle. He might improve once Bony is in there for him. All this 'on the ground crossing' bullshit isnt Navas' strong point and teams have figured out its all we do.

Problem is we have no one else to go on the right, because Pellegrini plays Milner everywhere else but, and, for reasons i have no clue to, prefers Navas over Milner.

i dont mind the lad, but i must admit his crossing tested my patience yesterday - from open play and corners. If he could just get a few more of those crosses past the 1st man (what's that about?) and into the danger area, there would be no questions. His castigation seems unfair, i think he really is just some crossing practice away from being really good for us.

This topic is just ridiculous.

What sets Navas apart from other wingers is the quality of his passing

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.