Player topic: Jesus Navas (2014/15)

mosssideblue said:
I see Jesus is in the chair tonight. Who will the Blue Moaners pick next to have a pop at. Give it a rest fellas, Jesus isn't world class, we and I suspect Pellers know that but he is reliable, works feckin hard, particulrly in supporting the defense and is rarely on the sick.

He is a good player who gives every opposition team something to worry about.

Anyway, you lot crack on, it will be someone else tomorrow, no doubt.
It's a mere 2 posts from 2 wums

rapidCT said:
bluechampion7891 said:
rapidCT said:
We all thought that Navas will become a world class winger under Pellegrini, unfortunately the material is not there. Probably he is the most predictable player in PL. Even so, he is very good for a substitute. I would definitely keep him but bring a real winger on the right side.
chelsea have Willian, united have Di Maria, arsenal have Sanchez, liverpool have Sterling, even tottenham have Lamela.. We have Navas; is not fair, is it?
both of you are talking shit. points made by myk are all right for the most part except for couple of things (take into context):
1. he was brought in as a back up so firstly to light up the PL comment doesnt hold water. back up for who- Sinclair?!
2. he isnt frst choice. silva and nasri are, injuries means that he has started these many gamestheir base position is not on the wing
3. he cost 15M and he is nowhere near hte worst winger - Oscar cost 17m
4. he so often has no one to aim in the box. the goal we scored, only milner was close with Kun at the edge of the box and silva only just drifting in he has more options than just a cross

as for rapid. Lamela is a failure uptil now, Di maria cost 4 times more, and sanchez twice as much. and when you buy a player at 27-28 you dont buy them with the notion that "We all thought that Navas will become a world class winger under Pellegrini". we bbuy them cuz they are fully developed with little to no room of improvement and we want their instant impact and he made that. I also wonder who you mean by "we". Oh and Willian, he doesnt nothing and cost 30M+ and chelsea have already brought in a replacement for him
Yeah, right.. So if we buy someone as a backup and is cheap as well(Navas wasn t that cheap), he is out of criticism.
As for instant impact- you just said he was brought as a backup. Make your mind!

Lol. Backup for Silvva and nasri
So now we are comparing him to Oscar whereas before hand you named some of the top names? also oscar wasnt that close to the first team whereas Navas was brought in for instant impact
Yes, thats what I mean by instant impact. Someone who can slot into the team immediately and function
No, criticism should be made but not out of context. thats why I said some of the points made by myk were valid nut need to be judged within the context (which is his role in the squad, his price tag, and how our game play affects his output (namely too few or no one in the box often for his crosses)

myk70007 said:
When Navas joined City, I thought he would set the Premier League alight. However, I have to say, that he is one of the worst wingers in the top flight.

1- He delivers maybe one decent cross a game or two if you are being kind
2- He spends most of the game hitting the first defender with utterly hopeless balls
3- He has no left foot and cant turn inside the defender so everyone knows where he is going.
4- His shooting is sub-standard
5- He loses the momentum in good situations and wastes so many excellent opportunities on the counter attack
6- I have no idea why he takes the crosses. He cant clear the near post.
7- I will be astounded if he is first choice winger next season.

In 22 league appearances, he has only provided 6 assists and no goals! That is pathetic. Please buy a quality winger!

Unfortunately for Navas, often when he is in a position to cross the rest of the team are 20 yards behind. He put a belter in on Saturday in the first half and not a blue shirt in sight. We rarely have anyone near post for crosses , nor in the middle for that matter. In fact we rarely cross the ball , which must be aninstruction from the top. It does frustrate me that he never drives into the box at pace to put the wind up the defenders. He definitely gives 100% every time he plays which must be applauded.

mosssideblue said:
I see Jesus is in the chair tonight. Who will the Blue Moaners pick next to have a pop at. Give it a rest fellas, Jesus isn't world class, we and I suspect Pellers know that but he is reliable, works feckin hard, particulrly in supporting the defense and is rarely on the sick.

He is a good player who gives every opposition team something to worry about.

Anyway, you lot crack on, it will be someone else tomorrow, no doubt.
The team must keep improving every year. Why can t we say our opinion? Is not what we are suppose to do here? We all see football from our own eyes, we have different type of players that we like/dislike.
Ex: I like Hart, Zabaleta, Kompany, Fernandinho, Milner, Nasri, Silva, Yaya, Jovetic, Dzeko, Aguero and I will never say something bad about them. I will always defend them and find them excuses, even when they make errors. As I will always do with de Jong, Richards, Nastasic and A Johnson. Even Tevez and Robinho..
As for Navas, is not that I don t like him but I am very disappointed with him.

mosssideblue said:
rapidCT said:
myk70007 said:
When Navas joined City, I thought he would set the Premier League alight. However, I have to say, that he is one of the worst wingers in the top flight.

2- He spends most of the game hitting the first defender with utterly hopeless balls
3- He has no left foot and cant turn inside the defender so everyone knows where he is going.
5- He loses the momentum in good situations and wastes so many excellent opportunities on the counter attack

In 22 league appearances, he has only provided 6 assists and no goals! That is pathetic. Please buy a quality winger!
We all thought that Navas will become a world class winger under Pellegrini, unfortunately the material is not there. Probably he is the most predictable player in PL. Even so, he is very good for a substitute. I would definitely keep him but bring a real winger on the right side.
chelsea have Willian, united have Di Maria, arsenal have Sanchez, liverpool have Sterling, even tottenham have Lamela.. We have Navas; is not fair, is it?

How old are you?
If you were being ironic, I am 12, if not, I am 28.

mosssideblue said:
rapidCT said:
myk70007 said:

How old are you?
It s a say, don t take it ad litteram.

bluechampion7891 said:
rapidCT said:
bluechampion7891 said:
both of you are talking shit. points made by myk are all right for the most part except for couple of things (take into context):
1. he was brought in as a back up so firstly to light up the PL comment doesnt hold water. back up for who- Sinclair?!
2. he isnt frst choice. silva and nasri are, injuries means that he has started these many gamestheir base position is not on the wing
3. he cost 15M and he is nowhere near hte worst winger - Oscar cost 17m
4. he so often has no one to aim in the box. the goal we scored, only milner was close with Kun at the edge of the box and silva only just drifting in he has more options than just a cross

as for rapid. Lamela is a failure uptil now, Di maria cost 4 times more, and sanchez twice as much. and when you buy a player at 27-28 you dont buy them with the notion that "We all thought that Navas will become a world class winger under Pellegrini". we bbuy them cuz they are fully developed with little to no room of improvement and we want their instant impact and he made that. I also wonder who you mean by "we". Oh and Willian, he doesnt nothing and cost 30M+ and chelsea have already brought in a replacement for him
Yeah, right.. So if we buy someone as a backup and is cheap as well(Navas wasn t that cheap), he is out of criticism.
As for instant impact- you just said he was brought as a backup. Make your mind!

So now we are comparing him to Oscar whereas before hand you named some of the top names? also oscar wasnt that close to the first team whereas Navas was brought in for instant impact
Yes, thats what I mean by instant impact. Someone who can slot into the team immediately and function
No, criticism should be made but not out of context. thats why I said some of the points made by myk were valid nut need to be judged within the context (which is his role in the squad, his price tag, and how our game play affects his output (namely too few or no one in the box often for his crosses)
How can he be a backup for Silva and Nasri when he is strictly a winger? The only one in our squad was Sinclair. So, was he brought as a cover for Sinclair? I don t think so..
I was comparing him to Oscar just because of the price.
Than why does he crosses?

Its not his actual technical ability to cross the ball that causes him t hit the front man all the time......its the timing of his crosses most of the time that is so frustating and why he is performing no where near the level he is capable of.

The cross that eventually leads to the goal is a perfect example of good timing..he hits it in early...but there are other examples through the game (one towards the end sticks in my mind) where he always takes an extra touch and delays and then the defender has closed him down and he hits the first man......the problem is this is what he does the vast majority of the time.

I dont think anyone can question his work rate or his passion and the defensive side of his game is outstanding.

it could also be the case that he is better in games where we are a bit more on the back foot and the game is strethced...against packed defences with very little room behind the defense his speed is somewhat nullified

rapidCT said:
bluechampion7891 said:
rapidCT said:

How can he be a backup for Silva and Nasri when he is strictly a winger? The only one in our squad was Sinclair. So, was he brought as a cover for Sinclair? I don t think so..
too tired to argue with you. you win have a nice WUMMY day

bluechampion7891 said:
rapidCT said:
bluechampion7891 said:
too tired to argue with you. you win have a nice WUMMY day
It s not about wining, it s about debating.. Have a nice evening!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.