Player topic: Jesus Navas (2014/15)

fredmont said:
rapidCT said:
myk70007 said:
When Navas joined City, I thought he would set the Premier League alight. However, I have to say, that he is one of the worst wingers in the top flight.

1- He delivers maybe one decent cross a game or two if you are being kind
2- He spends most of the game hitting the first defender with utterly hopeless balls
3- He has no left foot and cant turn inside the defender so everyone knows where he is going.
4- His shooting is sub-standard
5- He loses the momentum in good situations and wastes so many excellent opportunities on the counter attack
6- I have no idea why he takes the crosses. He cant clear the near post.
7- I will be astounded if he is first choice winger next season.

In 22 league appearances, he has only provided 6 assists and no goals! That is pathetic. Please buy a quality winger!
We all thought that Navas will become a world class winger under Pellegrini, unfortunately the material is not there. Probably he is the most predictable player in PL. Even so, he is very good for a substitute. I would definitely keep him but bring a real winger on the right side.

I would say the way we play is predictable. Slow build up, next to no crosses, fewer long range shots, nobody running at defenders in the box, front post corners that rarely reach. We rely on individual brilliance from merlin, yaya and sergio (when fit) to get us through.
I do wish we would mix it up sometimes.

chelsea have Willian, united have Di Maria, arsenal have Sanchez, liverpool have Sterling, even tottenham have Lamela.. We have Navas; is not fair, is it?
We have Yaya-Silva-Nasri-Aguero. They are absolutely top class, amazing players who can built against any defense in the world. But they need at least one top winger who can go straight through to any defense and score - someone like Bale, Di Maria, etc

TheRisingoftheNorth said:
rapidCT said:
mosssideblue said:
Last two posts are on the money. Jesus i,m sure would cross without taking a touch, but with no one to aim for, he has to slow things down a little. Think back to when the beast was with us, he was often busting a gut to get there, and was served well from navas. City are a far better team when he is playing imo.
How come that Kolarov can cross with first touch and always founds someone?

Well, I dispute that that is the case. Has Kolarov got many assists/created many goalscoring opportunities? I don't have any figures, but it seems to me that Navas gets a lot more crosses over than any other City player, and because not all of them end up in the back of the net, he gets abuse on this forum.
I certainly don't rate Kolarov more highly than Navas - do you?
As a player - clearly no! As a crosser? I rate Kolarov as one of world s best.
Kolarov is superb when in form, unfortunately this is very rarely..
That s way Navas is so frustrating.. With his speed he finds himself in great positions lot of times and he does little to nothing with those great chances. He should rise his head while running and think a little. Try to do something different. Anything!

Questy said:
rapidCT said:
mosssideblue said:
Last two posts are on the money. Jesus i,m sure would cross without taking a touch, but with no one to aim for, he has to slow things down a little. Think back to when the beast was with us, he was often busting a gut to get there, and was served well from navas. City are a far better team when he is playing imo.

Maybe because his crusades forward are at a slower pace than Navas does, thus players are in the box for Kolarov but not for Navas!

I cant wait for Bony to play as I think Navas will come alive
Let s pray for it and I will personally go to Jesus to apologize. But I think the only way he would come really good is with to big strikers - Dzeko and Bony- or playing as a substitute when we counter-attack.

rapidCT said:
Questy said:
rapidCT said:

Maybe because his crusades forward are at a slower pace than Navas does, thus players are in the box for Kolarov but not for Navas!

Let s pray for it and I will personally go to Jesus to apologize. But I think the only way he would come really good is with to big strikers - Dzeko and Bony- or playing as a substitute when we counter-attack.

Will keep you to that, maybe Half time Selfie with Jesus ;-)

rapidCT said:
Questy said:
rapidCT said:

Jesus will forgive all those who pray and are truly repentant

Look there's a reason he was at Seville all his career and no big clubs took a punt, he's like Walcott but shitter and that says alot.. No football brain

5948947 said:
Look there's a reason he was at Seville all his career and no big clubs took a punt, he's like Walcott but shitter and that says alot.. No football brain

Yawn.

5948947 said:

Yes, there is a reason and one of the main reasons were his health issues. Chelsea when Abramovich appeared had an offer for him in the region of 30m or so, so it's not like he wasn't spotted.

Ray78 said:
5948947 said:

Yawn.

Look mate I'm city through and through but with navas I just don't see it. He's 1 trick pony knock it down the line and cross,only thing is he's not tht good at it, oh yeah and he's fast. We need trickery out wide as well as speed Sanchez /hazard, navas doesn't cut the mustard sorry

Hungarian blue said:
5948947 said:

Yes, there is a reason and one of the main reasons were his health issues. Chelsea when Abramovich appeared had an offer for him in the region of 30m or so, so it's not like he wasn't spotted.

Yes was it home sickness? Well that says it all about his mentality,he's a decent player but he is quite avarage sorry

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.