Player topic: Jesus Navas (2014/15)

Jesus wept!

Get off his back, you lot, will you?. He's been playing consistently well for ages now - not setting the world on fire but who is in a City shirt?

Some of his crosses would look a whole lot better if there were more players bursting a lung to get onto the end of them.

TheRisingoftheNorth said:
Jesus wept!

Get off his back, you lot, will you?. He's been playing consistently well for ages now - not setting the world on fire but who is in a City shirt?

Some of his crosses would look a whole lot better if there were more players bursting a lung to get onto the end of them.

BANG ON

How many times does he look up and theres nobody in the box and he has to stand it up at the far post or he drives it in most likely hoping to get a corner, YES he can be frustrating with his lack of drives into the box and lack of shots on goal albeit he seems to be having shots a bit more these last 4 weeks, the shift that lad puts in puts lots of the other players too shame.

Questy said:
Jesus wept!

BANG ON

How many times does he look up and theres nobody in the box and he has to stand it up at the far post or he drives it in most likely hoping to get a corner, YES he can be frustrating with his lack of drives into the box and lack of shots on goal albeit he seems to be having shots a bit more these last 4 weeks, the shift that lad puts in puts lots of the other players too shame.
Last two posts are on the money. Jesus i,m sure would cross without taking a touch, but with no one to aim for, he has to slow things down a little. Think back to when the beast was with us, he was often busting a gut to get there, and was served well from navas. City are a far better team when he is playing imo.

mosssideblue said:
Questy said:
Jesus wept!

BANG ON

Last two posts are on the money. Jesus i,m sure would cross without taking a touch, but with no one to aim for, he has to slow things down a little. Think back to when the beast was with us, he was often busting a gut to get there, and was served well from navas. City are a far better team when he is playing imo.

sorry but thats just wrong.....in nearly every game he has opportunities to get the ball in early to someone and he takes an extra touch....its just a matter of timing....

Im not saying he is shit but its definitely an area he needs to improve on

I like Navas, but only as an impact substitute.

I think for where City are and want to be he isn't good enough to be a starter because he isn't consistent enough.

simon23 said:
mosssideblue said:
Questy said:
BANG ON

sorry but thats just wrong.....in nearly every game he has opportunities to get the ball in early to someone and he takes an extra touch....its just a matter of timing....

Im not saying he is shit but its definitely an area he needs to improve on

I don't disagree with that, but some of the criticism is well over the top. Every one of the Ciyty team has areas they could improve on, but few are getting the flack that Jesus is receiving.

I hope the situation will improve when Bony is playing, then Navas can get some crosses into the air, which will be more difficult to cut out. We shall see....

mosssideblue said:
Questy said:
Jesus wept!

BANG ON

How come that Kolarov can cross with first touch and always founds someone?

rapidCT said:
myk70007 said:
When Navas joined City, I thought he would set the Premier League alight. However, I have to say, that he is one of the worst wingers in the top flight.

1- He delivers maybe one decent cross a game or two if you are being kind
2- He spends most of the game hitting the first defender with utterly hopeless balls
3- He has no left foot and cant turn inside the defender so everyone knows where he is going.
4- His shooting is sub-standard
5- He loses the momentum in good situations and wastes so many excellent opportunities on the counter attack
6- I have no idea why he takes the crosses. He cant clear the near post.
7- I will be astounded if he is first choice winger next season.

In 22 league appearances, he has only provided 6 assists and no goals! That is pathetic. Please buy a quality winger!
We all thought that Navas will become a world class winger under Pellegrini, unfortunately the material is not there. Probably he is the most predictable player in PL. Even so, he is very good for a substitute. I would definitely keep him but bring a real winger on the right side.

I would say the way we play is predictable. Slow build up, next to no crosses, fewer long range shots, nobody running at defenders in the box, front post corners that rarely reach. We rely on individual brilliance from merlin, yaya and sergio (when fit) to get us through.
I do wish we would mix it up sometimes.
chelsea have Willian, united have Di Maria, arsenal have Sanchez, liverpool have Sterling, even tottenham have Lamela.. We have Navas; is not fair, is it?

rapidCT said:
mosssideblue said:
Questy said:
BANG ON

Well, I dispute that that is the case. Has Kolarov got many assists/created many goalscoring opportunities? I don't have any figures, but it seems to me that Navas gets a lot more crosses over than any other City player, and because not all of them end up in the back of the net, he gets abuse on this forum.
I certainly don't rate Kolarov more highly than Navas - do you?

rapidCT said:
mosssideblue said:
Questy said:
BANG ON

Maybe because his crusades forward are at a slower pace than Navas does, thus players are in the box for Kolarov but not for Navas!

I cant wait for Bony to play as I think Navas will come alive

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.