Player Topic: Jesus Navas (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Navas is a player that we might miss when he's not playing. At least he creates himself lots of opportunities. I like him but he can frustrate. When Negredo was on form Navas seemed to be getting every cross right. Now he seems to hesitate when no one is around or not positioned well. Or it's a poor cross. Bit of everything imo. Time will tell if we play better without him. Maybe yes on an individual basis. Worried when it comes to team play and balancing.

Navas is by far my most frustrating player we have had for years.

1. He is meant to have all this pace to go past players why is it the only time he goes passed a player is when he goes sideways/across the pitch. Very rarely see his use of pace.
2. His stats for cross completion is terrible, He rarely looks up before he crosses and when he does it hits the first man and goes for a corner then we all clap (why clap that is beyond me)
3. His ability to pick out a pass is terrible
4. His link up play with Sagna is also poor, so many times he has had the opportunity to give the ball through to Sagna for a cross but instead he holds onto it then Sagna has to get back on side then Navas plays the short pass back. Sagna would look even better with a better player ahead of him.

Its not a Navas witch hunt honest he is a good squad player but only to bring on late if we are chasing points as he can sometimes (rarely) get it right. Pells please stop starting him I'd rather play with 10 men im sick of him frustrating me. I am hoping when the little magician is back will see KDB there.

Grow up and think before you post stupidity like this

What is stupid about it the stats are there for all to see stats dont lie, but you might be one of them people that like watching us getting lots of corners then yea I am stupid n your eyes.

Am I the only one who thinks we'll miss him when he goes? He's not top top drawer, but he's an excellent winger who plays his position well, pinning the opposition fullback back, spreads the pitch, supports our full back, I think he gets far too much stick that's not deserved.

Am I the only one who thinks we'll miss him when he goes? He's not top top drawer, but he's an excellent winger who plays his position well, pinning the opposition fullback back, spreads the pitch, supports our full back, I think he gets far too much stick that's not deserved.

He does all of what you said that is his only positives but when Navas gets himself in these great positions he very rarely gets it right, i know wingers are not going to get every cross right but he has to be one of the worst for crosses attempted that are shite not even unlucky. To give a comparison look at Kolarov's crosses more often than not they are good crosses and he attempts allot less and plays left back.

Like I said Navas is a good player but if he had a good final out come he would be a brilliant winger.

No your not. I think he is a great asset for us and so does Pellers. Just a few on here need a scapegoat at the moment.

Agree, he disrupts the opposition defence with his speed which gives space and opportunity to others, supports defence well and breaks at speed. Also agree his final ball needs working on but he must also be frustrated when no-one is even making a near post run for crosses. Difficult to pick out a blue shirt when the box is packed with defenders and when he has done efforts on goal have been disapponting.

Agree, he disrupts the opposition defence with his speed which gives space and opportunity to others, supports defence well and breaks at speed. Also agree his final ball needs working on but he must also be frustrated when no-one is even making a near post run for crosses. Difficult to pick out a blue shirt when the box is packed with defenders and when he has done efforts on goal have been disapponting.

Good point on not enough near post runs i must admit i dont see enough but also when you see Navas keep hitting the main thats 2 or 3 yards away from him it must be frustrating for the men that we do have in the box which is why i think the look for the pull back option to help him avoid that first man, maybe just a suggestion. I tend to see Aguero make more near post runs when Kolarov is on the ball.

Wingers frustrate. That is something that comes with the position, and the more space we have when countering, the more effective he can be. We also need to remember that Sagna is less adept going forward than Zabaleta, so his options are again restricted and, even when he does cross, he is faced with a bank of defenders. Might be an idea to work on him clipping the ball higher and farther back to either Fernandinho or Kolarov steaming in than threadneedle stuff. Those two are clean strikers of the ball, and it's not a ploy the opposition would expect.

If Aguero was firing Navas would have the most assists in the league at the minute..the amount of times he put it on a plate and the chances were not finished. His work rate will definitely be missed and ok his crossing needs improving at least he occupies two defenders when we attack. .like some have said "scapegoat"...I think he's great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.