Player Topic: Jesus Navas (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just love Navas as a player. Speed, commitment. I think you will notice when he is not around.

Just as a topic of conversation how do you all think SWP (pre-Chelsea move) would have done in place of Navas in this current team?

I think his crossing would have been similar but he would have been scoring 10+ goals a season and would contribute equivalent effort and cover to that of Navas.

Same as he did at Chelsea and us second time round - he wouldn't cut it. Loses the ball too much and doesn't have enough going on upstairs (like Aaron lennon and and andros townsend, unlike navas)

Interesting quotes from David white echoing a lot of what most of us seem to be saying:

“What he needs is to be given licence to put the ball at risk more,” he said. “I did it all of my career – one cross would look great, the next would end up in the stand.

“Navas is trying to be perfect, to pick out the perfect cross every time, and it can make him easy to defend against.

“He would be better playing more of a percentage game. He knows he is fast, which means he is likely to either get a free kick or into a crossing position.

“From there, he just needs to knock the ball into an area where a centre forward or midfield player should be, an area that is difficult to defend.

“Instead, he over-thinks everything. Just knock it past the full-back and either shoot or drill it into the box and see what happens.

“I was sometimes criticised by managers, but never for putting in a great cross, when there was no-one there. Five out of ten might go in the stand, and five out of ten might be a good cross – but Navas wants ten out of ten.

“I didn’t care about that, and I scored 100 goals - but missed 2-300.”

White also feels that Navas is not given enough credit for what he does well.

He added: “Without a doubt his end product has quite often been poor – you can’t shy away from that. But I like him, and think he is an important member of the team in terms of shape.

“He holds position wide on the right, for one thing. When Samir Nasri plays there, he gets frustrated and wanders infield.

“He works his socks off and from a defensive point of view he would be in my team – I would never play Nasri and David Silva in the same team.

“He is almost too reliable, the kind of player you know you can ask to do something and he will do it, whether it be tracking back, or telling him his heels mustn’t leave the touchline.

“He makes intelligent runs and never shies away from the ball. As much as it went wrong against West Ham, he was always willing to get on the ball.”

Every time the ball came to him, you knew the attack was dead. It's really depressing watching City with him in the side -- a complete liability.

Like I said in another thread, subbing Navas is like amputating your right arm and thinking it will help you make a comeback is mind boggling

Buh-bye, Jesus. Been nice knowing you, but you are simply not good enough, especially when we have a world class striker relying on some service.

Yup, definitely his fault that we lost the game before he even came on and in which we conceded 4 goals, none of which had anything to do with him. Nothing like having a scapegoat though eh?

What a dreadful player - headless cock comes to mind. In fact, at least a headless chicken would get a decent ball in now and again.

He has no footballing brain whatsoever. None

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.