Player topic: Sergio Aguero (2014/15)

• Thread starter Deleted member 58678
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Sergio Aguero

manimanc said:
Any news on kun?
I really hope his calf or hamstring haven't gone again, he needs to shed some of the muscle, he is like a stretched elastic band, the slightest touch and ping....

Rumours are its a minor hamstring tear and he could miss the next match....report below!;)

Argentina worry for 'Kun' Agüero's injury scare

<a class="postlink" href="http://soccerly.com/article/soccerly/argentina-worry-for-kun-agueros-injury-scare" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://soccerly.com/article/soccerly/ar ... jury-scare</a>

Sergio Agüero picked up a hamstring injury and is now a serious doubt for Argentina's last sixteen game on Tuesday.

Agüero limped off injured in the 37th minute of the game against Nigeria and was replaced by Lavezzi. The Manchester City striker grabbed his upper left leg and left the pitch visibly in pain.

According to sources at the Argentine Football Association (AFA), the striker suffered a minor hamstring tear and is expected to miss the last sixteen game on 1st July.

Sabella admitted that he will start looking at alternatives. "We have strikers who play just like Agüero, and others with a different style, like Lavezzi, who came off the bench today and put in a great performance up front and also helped to plug gaps," said the Argentina boss.

Messi lamented Agüero's injury. "Hopefully it's nothing and he rejoins us quickly, he's a key player for us," he said.

To be honest even if he's fit for some of the remaining games of the World Cup (which I can't see based on previous occurences of his hamstring problems) I would be happy if he was rested. He's not really been effective for Argentina anyway - probably due to lack of match - fitness, sharpness etc.

jknight said:
To be honest even if he's fit for some of the remaining games of the World Cup (which I can't see based on previous occurences of his hamstring problems) I would be happy if he was rested. He's not really been effective for Argentina anyway - probably due to lack of match - fitness, sharpness etc.

More likely because he's been shunted to the right to accommodate Messi, understandably. He's not a wide player, even if he was he'd be better playing on the left so he can cut in with his right it. Argentina would be better having an intelligent midfielder who can control the game playing instead of a direct replacement now that Aguero's out. Argentina have forwards and they have wingers, but they don't really have anyone that can control the game from the middle, Macherano and Gago are just destroyers.

this guy needs a long rest and a body coach who tells him every time he trains "look after your body sonny jim"

100 percent success rate

Entering his peak years and becoming a major injury concern.He needs prolonged rest and recouperation otherwise these niggles are going to become chronic and we have another Micah situation.

As good as he is,its no good for City if he only appears sporadically,the club must be deeply concerned,i am.

If this is true it's very sad for the lad. But as with Yaya it is City first for me and it does look as if Kun is going to have an injury blighted career.

If an offer came in from Barca or Real now that Suarez has disgraced himself again i would take it. I know this view won't be the majority view as Kun is a City hero but we have to put the club first. Sell him, get Falcao in.

robbieh said:
If this is true it's very sad for the lad. But as with Yaya it is City first for me and it does look as if Kun is going to have an injury blighted career.

If an offer came in from Barca or Real now that Suarez has disgraced himself again i would take it. I know this view won't be the majority view as Kun is a City hero but we have to put the club first. Sell him, get Falcao in.

I agree with what you're saying robbieh except I think we should give him one more season to see he can prove he can stay fit. If we can keep Jovetic fit we have enough strength up front to ease him back. We should know by January whether were going to have another season like last and we should start putting aside for a top class replacement

robbieh said:

That would be the guy who has just missed most of the season through injury

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.