Player Topic: Wilfried Bony (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
onceabluealways said:
FFS sake give te guys a chance, he has looked good in games played so far. Certainly looks like he has more to offer than Dzeko, and his contribution to the last 3 seasons before this one wasn't to bad
It's April and he looked decent in one game against ten man West Brom who are in dire form at our home, so don't make stuff up as he's hardly played.
What good is it signing someone in January that you could get cheaper in summer and you don't desperately need him or bother to play him?. As others said we could have a got a far more useful and needed midfielder for that money.
I've wondered that our dire form has coincided with Jovetic getting turfed out of champs league squad as he had done alright up until December and didn't warrant that sort of humiliation, and I'm thinking Jovetic and other players might have thought it was bad form from manager doing that and has bred discontent through squad

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2954282/Manchester-City-ace-Stevan-Jovetic-accuses-Manuel-Pellegrini-killing-following-Champions-League-squad-omission.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... ssion.html</a>

dobobobo said:
NQCitizen said:
Ban-jani said:
Why does it have to be this season?

Drogba was fine at the end of his last spell at Chelsea, and he had similar attributes to Bony.

Do you really need me to provide you a list of premier league strikers who did well after 32? There's plenty.
I think it's fair to say the likes of Drogba / Shearer / Ibra etc were far ahead of Bony in their prime.

LOL! Ibrahimovic has never played in the Premier League and Shearer played in a different era of the Premier League.

If you're going to knock a City player who is just getting started, get it right.
Yeah. Pretty obviously talking about an ilk of striker.

Also it's not "knocking" Bony to say I doubt he'll have the longevity of some genuine legends.

NQCitizen said:
dobobobo said:
NQCitizen said:
I think it's fair to say the likes of Drogba / Shearer / Ibra etc were far ahead of Bony in their prime.

LOL! Ibrahimovic has never played in the Premier League and Shearer played in a different era of the Premier League.

If you're going to knock a City player who is just getting started, get it right.

Also it's not "knocking" Bony to say I doubt he'll have the longevity of some genuine legends.

Following this point? VVVVVVVVVVVVVV

NQCitizen said:
Which striker over 32 is having the best season in the Premier League this season?

You're knocking a player whichout actually making any reference to what he's done for the club so far. In other words you're knocking a player for the sake of it as he's hardly been given a chance and it's not his fault AFCON takes place during the middle of the Premier League.

dobobobo said:
NQCitizen said:
dobobobo said:

Following this point? VVVVVVVVVVVVVV

NQCitizen said:
Which striker over 32 is having the best season in the Premier League this season?

You're knocking a player whichout actually making any reference to what he's done for the club so far. In other words you're knocking a player for the sake of it as he's hardly been given a chance and it's not his fault AFCON takes place during the middle of the Premier League.
Yes the point went from being about current PL strikers (although beyond Drogba I'd be curious to have suggestions) and expanded to include the whole context of older strikers.

And that's still not knocking him.

Just city's luck. He came here boasting that he had missed something like only 3 games in the last 4 seasons through injury and he's more or less been injured since he got here! I think he could be decent. Certainly better than Dzeko and Jovetic

Wilf has every attribute to succeed for us; I think he'll prove to be worth every penny if he's given a run in the team next season.

Only reason I can think of why he wouldn't be a success here is if Liverpool insist on taking him as part of a Sterling deal in the summer.

Wio Gumflapdinand said:
onceabluealways said:
FFS sake give te guys a chance, he has looked good in games played so far. Certainly looks like he has more to offer than Dzeko, and his contribution to the last 3 seasons before this one wasn't to bad
It's April and he looked decent in one game against ten man West Brom who are in dire form at our home, so don't make stuff up as he's hardly played.
What good is it signing someone in January that you could get cheaper in summer and you don't desperately need him or bother to play him?. As others said we could have a got a far more useful and needed midfielder for that money.
I've wondered that our dire form has coincided with Jovetic getting turfed out of champs league squad as he had done alright up until December and didn't warrant that sort of humiliation, and I'm thinking Jovetic and other players might have thought it was bad form from manager doing that and has bred discontent through squad

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2954282/Manchester-City-ace-Stevan-Jovetic-accuses-Manuel-Pellegrini-killing-following-Champions-League-squad-omission.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... ssion.html</a>
Your biggest mistake there is using the Daily Fail as a basis for any theory whatsoever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.