Players season ratings

What @fatbloke said but with Bony downgraded to a zero.

For me, the takeaway based on the aggregate ratings from this small but probably typical sampling is that we've played critical matches with 0s through 4s in several positions due to forced rotation from injury, manager "preference," failure to strengthen squad with key players that are out on loan or otherwise, etc. No wonder we are staring down the barrel of Europa League place.

I've gone for in order of best to worst.

Fernandinho 8.5 - our best player this season for me.
Aguero 8.5 - if not for injuries he'd be easily top scorer in the PL this season. Still banging in a goal a game.
Iheanacho 8 - not had mass amounts of game time, but in terms of a breakthrough season we can't ask for much more from him.
De Bruyne 8 - a very nice first season for him, some inconsistencies but his stats speak for themselves.
Sagna 7 - our best defender this season for me.
Fernando 7 - much improved, slow start but has impressed when paired with Fernandinho.
Hart 7 - saved us a fair few times, solid season with only a few mistakes, unfortunately not helped by the guys in front.
Caballero 6 - he's not great, but won us our only trophy this season in his biggest match of the season. Not so great in the others, but hey.
Clichy 6 - solid season overall. Not quite what he was but so much better than Kolarov.
Navas 6 - exactly what you expect from him. 100% work rate all game, 10% end product (generous). Consistent performer even if the levels not that high.
Kompany 6 - our best defender when playing a few games in a row. Unfortunately hasn't played a few games in a row very often.
Otamendi 5 - very up and down. One match a worldbeater, the next a madman. I like to give a player 2 seasons before saying not good enough, reckon he'll improve.
Mangala 5 - similar to Otamendi, one game great, the next awful. Would like to give him a chance to develop but wouldn't be shocked to see him go.
Sterling 5 - started the season well but totally fizzled out. 5 perhaps a bit generous but his injuries have hurt him these last couple months. Give him another season.
Nasri 5 - shame he's been injured so much, when he's played he's usually one of our best players on the pitch.
Delph 4 - decent start again, but like many others fizzled out. Don't think he's been given enough chance at CM though.
Yaya 3 - when you know what he's capable of this has been a poor season for the big guy. His time's up, thanks for the memories.
Silva 3 - fantastic start for the first 5 matches but since his injuries he's been way below his very high standards. Easily his worst season at City.
Zabaleta 3 - couple of knee injuries seem to have done him in. One of my favourites but looks likely his time is up.
Bony 2 - chipped in with a few goals/assists at the start, but never fit in the team. Confidence totally shot & one that should be leaving.
Kolarov 1 - just terrible really. No work ethic and no ability. How he's survived this long here is beyond me.
Demichelis 1 - the worst of the bunch for me. Hung out to dry like our other defenders by our tactics, but so far off the pace it's been painful.

Pellegrini 3 - won us another trophy, but woefully unprepared tactically for vast parts of the season. Shame he leaves on a sour note but simply not good enough unfortunately.

Hart and Fernandinho 8s
Willy an honorary 7.5 for the FL Cup final (but not worth a rating for the season really)
Kun and de Bruyne 7s
Clichy Navas 6s
Silva Fernando Sagna Otamendi Mangala 5s
Sterling Yaya Iheancho 4s

The rest aren't worth mentioning.

Fernandinho player of the season for me. Give us 3 players like that with Kun, Nacho and Kdb in front and we are unstoppable.

Hart 8
Willy 6 cos he seemed genuinely to care
Sagna 7
Zaba 4, cos at least he always gives his all
Komps 8, when fit he has been unstoppable.
Otamendi 6, needs to sharpen up a bit
Mangala 7
Demi 3, cant blame him
Kolarov 3, cos he started ok.
Clichy 6
Delph 5, couple of stinkers, couple of great ones. Hard to judge
Dinho 9, player of the year
Yaya 5, not shown nearly enough.
Fernando 7, hasnt had many bad games.
Nasri 6, has been alright i guess.
Navas 7, has really turned it around this year.
Silva 6, poor for him but still magic at times.
Sterling 6, must improve but i think he has been one of our better players still.
Kevin 8, tends to go missing a lot. Still magic
Sergio 7/8, still scores loads but looks a bit lost
Bony 4, nightmare 2nd half of season. Some good games.
Nachoman 8, cannot fault him.
Pellegrini 5, hasnt done enough, but in europe has been ok

Don't trust anyone who doesn't have Fernandinho top or joint top this season.

Hart, Clichy, Sagna, Fernandinho, De Bruyne - 7's
Aguero and Kelechi - 6.5
Navas - 6
The rest between 1-5.
Bony, Demichelis and Kolarov - 0

Not including Kompany in this because he would get an 8 or 9 if he stayed fit for the simple fact that everyone else played better when he was there.

Player of the Year:
1. Fernandinho
2. Sagna
3. Hart

Last edited:
Hart, 7 - Solid, not his best season and not his worst.
Willy, 5 Won us our silverware this season, need someone younger as Hart's deputy though.

Zabaleta, 3 - Injured and when played looked a shadow of the marauder from seasons past.
Sagna, 7 - Stepped up in place of Zabs and has been solid if unspectacular all season.

Kompany, 3 - 13 games from a man who should be in the prime of his career.
Otamendi, 7 - Statistically the best(along with Van Djik) CB in the league, his tendency to slide tackle seems to blind people to what a good defender he is.
Mangala, 5 - put in a good performance once every 3/4 games, positioning has easily cost us 10+ goals.
Demichelis, 1 - We all knew he shouldn't be here, but here he was, proving us all right.

Kolarov, 3 - Looked awesome at the start of the season but he just got worse as the team did and recently he's just been abysmal.
Clichy, 6 - Much better defender than Kolarov, Left side was slightly better for it when he played.

Fernando, 6 - Has improved as the season has gone on, looks more comfortable on the ball now and adds a physical presence to our side.
Fernandinho, 8 - Our player of the season for me, below par displays were the fewest and farthest between of all our players. And easily worked the hardest
Yaya, 4 - His worst season in a City shirt in every aspect, still popped up with a few winners though.
Delph, 4 - played 20 games for us, I can recall once decent performance(vs Palace).

Kevin De Bruyne, 7 - 15 goals & 12 assists is a good return though 13 assists shy of last season, not a higher mark due to his tendency to disappear in games.
David Silva, 4 - Like Yaya it has been his worst season for us too, contributed 1 goal and 2 assists in away games.
Nasri, 4 - 12 appearances all season, was ok when he played though.
Sterling, 6 - 12 goals & 8 assists, only really turned up in Europe, overall game seems to have regressed under Pellegrini, there is a player there though.
Navas, 5 - He only went and bloody scored didn't he, he just runs a lot with out ever really doing anything.

Aguero, 6 - Will always score goals, but the graft has gone, he's become more selfish and his dribbling isn't as good and it showed in his ineffectiveness in the champions league.
Bony, 2 - 8 goals & 5 assists in 34 appearances is just not good enough. Hard to blame the square peg though, rather the people trying to stuff it through the circle hole
Iheanacho, 8 - 13 goals & 4 assists for a teenager with limited minutes on the pitch is awesome, needs to step up again though vs the top sides.

Pellegrini, 3 -

Last edited:
Hart, aguero, sagna, Fernandinho, KDB 7
Clichy, mangala, fernando, Nacho, sterling, silva, yaya 6
Otamendi, navas 4
Demichellis, kompany, nasri 3
Bony, Delph, kolarov 2

Hart 7/10
Willy 5/10
zabba 4/10
sagna 6/10
demi 1/10
otamendi 5/10
mangala 5/10
vinny 6/10
clichy 6/10
Kolarov 2/10
navas 6/10
Fernando 6/10
Fernandinho 8/10 (think hes been one of our best player, unlike most usually leaves it all out on the pitch)
yaya 2/10 (slows everything down, should of got rid of him when he kicked off)
nasri 5/10 (looked ok when he played)
silva 4/10 (legend but been pretty shit all season, i hope its that injury because i dont want to believe that hes done)
sterling 3/10 (pretty poor most of the season, touch like a race horse)
Delph 3/10 (as expected at the start of the season)
kdb 8/10 (exciting)
nacho 8/10 (been saying this lad will be top class since i first saw him on the pre season in america
aguero 8/10 (as per usual)
bony 0/10 (sorry excuse for a premier league footballer)

I am glad this thread is coming good on the clear fact that Fernandinho has to be the main candidate for Player of the year. He has consistently performed well throughout the season in both domestic competition and Europe and never fails to give 100% when most around him look as though
they are going through the motions to put it mildly.

Kevin De Bruyne has been a superstar from the first games he played and though there has also been quite a few times this season his influence in games has not been up to much I still feel he is our best signing since Sergio in 2011.

And finally Sergio Aguero has to be mentioned just for his class and general god given talent for scoring goals. Has not been at his best by any stretch of the imagination but even still you know that playing in the right team he would be almost unstoppable.

That is my 1,2,3 for the season and the rest of the team in my humble opinion have all let themselves down (Iheanacho withstanding) at various parts of the season, some more than others, but still all have contributed to a very disappointing season given the talent they possess or used to possess as it seems. I hope for much better off all who play for City next season, whoever they may be.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.