Playing sport as you get older

Personally, I would say if you're going to do any sport when you get older, you should combine it with yoga. For me, when I go for a run, my right hip is the first thing to start hurting. Did a bit of yoga and realised why. It's the least flexible part of my body by a mile, other than my slightly metal ankle.
I did a Yoga or Pilates class whilst on holiday last - it was fucking really hard and I was drenched within a few minutes.

It should be something that is educated into us all as it would help alleviate a lot of issues.

Needless to say, I don't do any of it but moan like fuck when I pick up injuries...........

Whatever age you are or whatever you are doing, I've posted before please lads and lasses check your blood pressure on a regular basis, doesn't have to be daily.

Any kind of exercise is great for lowering the BP but they call it the silent killer for a reason.

In February I had a procedure at hospital (camera going up the ricker) because my BP was 235/11, obviously some white coat syndrome there but also need medical attention.

I've had a heart condition since I was 30, now 65, heart attack or stroke waiting to happen is what the hospital doctor said to me.

I play golf as much as possible and this winter when we can't we're starting a walking club for a couple of days a week.

My BP with the aid of meds has now levelled out, I'm a very lucky FOC.

Boring though like a treadmill, I prefer a brisk beach walk where I can pretend not to look at bikini-clad Young women. ;)
That is the main challenge with rowing and treadmill - I make sure I have something to watch or listen to distract.

New one for people to try (safely if they have the capacity), I often row in the dark and have also been known to row blindfolded to try and create a kind of sensory deprivation / meditative state.

Far out man.............

My joints do get sore with activities, so does glucosamine really help ?
I swear by it, it’s not an instant trick but I started taking it about a month into my new sporty routine (sport is the main thing to do out here) and I rarely have to take painkillers for my joints now whereas I relied on them to even get out of bed at first. Took a couple of weeks to see the full benefit, I also take cod liver oil which is said to help the joints as well as the heart (and brain).

Now 61 ,and just handed over a very physically demanding garden and maintenance business,that was my main form of exercise for the past 15 years. Now doing a more sadate job,in a van , so picking back up going swimming every other day

Whatever age you are or whatever you are doing, I've posted before please lads and lasses check your blood pressure on a regular basis, doesn't have to be daily.

Any kind of exercise is great for lowering the BP but they call it the silent killer for a reason.

In February I had a procedure at hospital (camera going up the ricker) because my BP was 235/11, obviously some white coat syndrome there but also need medical attention.

I've had a heart condition since I was 30, now 65, heart attack or stroke waiting to happen is what the hospital doctor said to me.

I play golf as much as possible and this winter when we can't we're starting a walking club for a couple of days a week.

My BP with the aid of meds has now levelled out, I'm a very lucky FOC.

All the best to you Hammo.

If you want an injury compete...if you dont want an injury sling your garmin and bike computer..

I'm 61..do my running in a pool with a waist float on...hips like butter, can still do the splits and a couple of lengths underwater.

Do holmfirth from the etihad twice a week on a bike weather permitting...stop and clock nature whenever it tickles me fancy...which regulates breathe, which regulates heart which makes your forget youre climbing.

Walk backwards for a mile 3 xs a week..
Stretch everyday..
Hang off a chin bar everyday.
Castor oil is my friend
No breakfasts thanks, i'm grown up
Sit on the floor, chairs are killing ya ( literally)
Legs up the wall everday whilst i catch up on whatsapp and strenthen my neck.

Those new fangled surfskates are intresting for your nervous system..you only need an area not much bigger than a double garage..the infinity loop drill will change your mood if you suffer any black dog..by contriving to make you forget youre crouched for time and thus strengthening your emotional centres...good trick, fitness isnt health, you can be fit and unhealthy.

Dont reach for things..move closer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.