Policing in the UK

No he deserved to be tasered, handcuffed, arrested and charged with multiple counts of assault or whatever the appropriate charge is for punching several people. He might have deserved a kicking but it’s not up to the police to administer it. As it is that copper, by his actions, made the perpetrator a victim. Hopefully it won’t affect any charges that should be brought.
Would say he wasn't administering punishment but given the level of violence demonstrated by this individual and lack of backup due to the above he was ensuring his own safety before placing himself in grabbing range.

Something I’ve not said is that police are trained to kick-but like every use of force it has to proportionate and necessary and in accordance to the law.

He attacked and punched several police officers not ordinary people, armed police officers in an airport, my opinion is different to yours but that’s a forum.
If he’d attacked ordinary untrained people and one of them kicked him in the head it would have been fair enough. The police are trained to not kick people in the head and stamp on them after they’ve been tasered.

If he’d attacked ordinary untrained people and one of them kicked him in the head it would have been fair enough. The police are trained to not kick people in the head and stamp on them after they’ve been tasered.
Of note it’s worth reading R v Palmer (71) which relates to the defence of self defence-the judgement being along the lines of the person in fear cannot be expected to way up the niceties of his actions-

I think it possibly has some relevance here-people using objective viewpoints to consider the officers actions when it’s largely subjective..just posted for interest.

Watching it again it does look like the blonde haired female officer tasers the tall skinny lad causing him to fall back-I mistakenly thought he fell back on his own accord.

Prob even more reason for authorities to gather all available evidence and assess it correctly. So much to unravel.

She did well

Still not condoning what the officer did but having seen the full video, the action was far more in the heat of the moment than the initial video suggested.

Still not right and I'll never think kicking somebody in the head was right.

Looks like the victims started the attack though.

I think the police officer in question will say that it wasn't right and not what he would do normally.

But given he was pummeled and concussed by someone who had punched him and two women officers, he acted out of turn.

Just my guess for what mitigation he will be presenting.

Would be very surprised if he was sacked.

I think the police officer in question will say that it wasn't right and not what he would do normally.

But given he was pummeled and concussed by someone who had punched him and two women officers, he acted out of turn.

Just my guess for what mitigation he will be presenting.

Would be very surprised if he was sacked.
I fully expect him to be sacked, even if he avoided criminal sanction-which I think is also likely.

Gross misconduct leading to sacking needs only to be on the balance of probabilities.

Rightly or wrongly he’s in an incredibly vulnerable position.

I may be wrong but when was he tasered? I thought he grabbed the officer, they fell back and the weight of the officer on him winded him/hurt him
I think he was tasered but the time between that and the boot was minuscule

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.