Possible new stadium - some interesting information

BlueT said:
I love the idea of a new stadium, it would be the best stadium in the world without doubt, probably with a five star hotel built in and retractable roof. But definitely not 100,000, 67,000 is easy big enough. Stick the away fans in one the corners out of the way, and only ONE singing section behind the goal.
Although if we had 100,000 seater it would be pretty funny to see how high we could stick the rags, they would end up nearly back in Trafford!

Hummm.... I can tell you now we will not be building a new stadium in or around the current one. We are expanding the one we have with the brief being it has to hold more than OT (owner wants to make a statement), the builder has been chosen to do the work and the project could start as soon as the end of this season. We wont be without any seating for next year but could be playing without any roof! I have mentioned this in the other thread, I know because my old man was at the meeting with the developer and he has seen the plans etc of the whole area development and he says it looks amazing. His company have been promised some of the secondery steel work too so happy days.
I PM'd a few months ago with this and it's all starting to come out now, the site over the road being bought etc etc.

One of the things the club want to be able to cater for are the 850+ gala dinner type functions that they can't offer at the moment.
A few years ago I was involved in helping organising an event that required that sort of facility. Where did we end up going........The bloody Reebok stadium, we had 800 sat down to a four course dinner.

At the moment the nearest facility to the City centre is the old Gorton Monastry that has been converted into a banqueting and conference centre and the most they can manage is 500.
Believe me there is a big market for a place that can hold that type of event and we are missing out on it at the moment as we can on do the marquee on the car park stuff, and its not good enough.

not my fault! said:
Hummm.... I can tell you now we will not be building a new stadium in or around the current one. We are expanding the one we have with the brief being it has to hold more than OT (owner wants to make a statement), the builder has been chosen to do the work and the project could start as soon as the end of this season. We wont be without any seating for next year but could be playing without any roof! I have mentioned this in the other thread, I know because my old man was at the meeting with the developer and he has seen the plans etc of the whole area development and he says it looks amazing. His company have been promised some of the secondery steel work too so happy days.
I PM'd a few months ago with this and it's all starting to come out now, the site over the road being bought etc etc.

The lack of a roof is in contravention of EPL rules and wont be allowed.

It was made clear to all clubs that this was a benchmark requirement and is non-negotiable.

not my fault! said:

I seriously hope it is at the end of this season!

At our stewards brief on Wednesday it was mentioned that the owner was looking to extend the stadium capacity and we were also told that Music concerts would return in the summer of 2011.

Therefore if not this year and not possible to do next close season because of concerts then it surely would be too long to wait til 2012, these guys dont usually mess around when they decide to do something.

fbloke said:
not my fault! said:

It was made clear to all clubs that this was a benchmark requirement and is non-negotiable.
Is evertons lack of a view in contravention of EPL rules,we could do with nailing those buggers.

fbloke said:
not my fault! said:

How do they possibly expect clubs to expand their stadiums then? When did this ruling come in? And if true, what a pathetic rule.

bluemanc said:
fbloke said:

Is evertons lack of a view in contravention of EPL rules,we could do with nailing those buggers.

I don believe in places the need to keep the roof up means you cant see.

It's not my fault PM'd me a few months ago with this and shared some other great info and he has been bang on with everything he has said up to now !!!

There is not a chance they would uphold a rule about a roof if it was due to stadium expansion ( especially if it was for a stadium that would be a world cup stadium if England win the bid ).

Not a chance

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.