Possible new stadium - some interesting information

I think 100,000 people in a new stadium is feasible if the pricing structure is flexible.

Everyone must now 1 or 2 people who would go to games if they were more affordable or the stadium was easier to get to.

I could take my mum and Dad plus my two lads if it was cheaper.

A stadium that size would create supporters. Imagine watching football in an arena like that. Would be spectacular

bizzbo said:
I heard they are going to build the world's first space-port, and a theme park populated by cyborgs.
How spooky is this,its from last year.......but no mention of cyborgs
Aabar will gain exclusive regional rights to host Virgin Galactic tourism and research flights, and is planning to build spaceport facilities in Abu Dhabi.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/transport/5925697/Sheikh-Mansour-invests-280m-in-Virgin-Galactic.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/news ... actic.html</a>

The lack of a roof is in contravention of EPL rules and wont be allowed.

LOL

Obviously if you're building you can.

OBVIOUSLY!!!

A 100,000 seater stadium would look ridiculous. There would be at least 40,000 empty seats for most games, thats like a whole Stamford Bridge or Villa Park's worth of empty seats.

Sorry, I just don't see it as a viable option.

fulhamroad22 said:
A 100,000 seater stadium would look ridiculous. There would be at least 40,000 empty seats for most games, thats like a whole Stamford Bridge or Villa Park's worth of empty seats.

If the prices are right, people will go, simple as imo.
The club can top up on pies,beer, shirts etc, they can make the money that way????

fulhamroad22 said:

You would think so wouldn't you, apart from anything else it would be hellish to get in and out of. However, if it's true I'm sure they have gone into great detail with regards to solving that problem.

If 'they' can make an enormous amount of people go and spend money (and a fair bit of) at Dumplington Precint then 'they' can get a large amount of bums on seats (and not only in the stadium) to Eastlands/Sportcity (what will it all eventually be called?). It's an ancient art so sophistically played out latter day by the likes of the global products we consume and, on a more national level, in the supermarkets we zombie off too.
Huge Logan's Run-esque winter gardens will be a winner. I'm sincerly hoping that the right (and very special) architects are called on here, that will make the difference. Think Manchester not Trafford...a god awful food court (see the aforementioned Traffic Centre) won't turn the eyes of Europe onto East Manchester/Manchester City region.

ManCityX said:
The lack of a roof is in contravention of EPL rules and wont be allowed.

LOL

Obviously if you're building you can.

OBVIOUSLY!!!

Nope, you cant.

If you were to be re-modeling PART of a stadium then perhaps,as the MAJORITY of seats would still be covered.

The suggestion was to remove the entire roof and that WILL NOT under ANY circumstances be allowed, according to EPL.

Is that obvious enough?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.