Possible new stadium - some interesting information

fulhamroad22 said:
A 100,000 seater stadium would look ridiculous. There would be at least 40,000 empty seats for most games, thats like a whole Stamford Bridge or Villa Park's worth of empty seats.

Sorry, I just don't see it as a viable option.
Depends on the finance available.

You build something spectacular like that it will fill itself. I know loads of people at work who call themselves City fans but who don't go to games. You build a stadium like that and it would create 10s of thousands of new supporters. Look at Sunderland. They couldn't fill Roker Park and then they went to SOL and got 49k for a couple of years and 30k for reserve games.

And then you have a huge number of fans who have been priced out of football

Marvin said:
fulhamroad22 said:
A 100,000 seater stadium would look ridiculous. There would be at least 40,000 empty seats for most games, thats like a whole Stamford Bridge or Villa Park's worth of empty seats.

Sorry, I just don't see it as a viable option.

You build something spectacular like that it will fill itself. I know loads of people at work who call themselves City fans but who don't go to games. You build a stadium like that and it would create 10s of thousands of new supporters. Look at Sunderland. They couldn't fill Roker Park and then they went to SOL and got 49k for a couple of years and 30k for reserve games.

that would only last for so long though it be a novetly for a couple of season the way coms was the only thing that would fill it is success on the pitch and even at that i cant see another 50k

1 thing i could see is 10k+ rags scouser etc coming when they play us to fill the ground

Real madrid season tickets are no where near as expensive as the average prem ones.

The way to fill big stadiums is to keep prices cheap..Some rags have already jumped on the £200 season ticket price..

I bet if they could pay £200 for a swamp season ticket they'd take it..

samharris said:
Real madrid season tickets are no where near as expensive as the average prem ones.

The way to fill big stadiums is to keep prices cheap..Some rags have already jumped on the £200 season ticket price..

I bet if they could pay £200 for a swamp season ticket they'd take it..

200 pound still wont fill a 100k stadium for city people would still pick and choose their games chelsea united arsenal spurs liverpool and you got what you wanted the likes of wigan hull bolton sill be empty

dw7 said:
Marvin said:

that would only last for so long though it be a novetly for a couple of season the way coms was the only thing that would fill it is success on the pitch and even at that i cant see another 50k

1 thing i could see is 10k+ rags scouser etc coming when they play us to fill the ground
You are right, but if the new fans were watching a winning club they'd stay. Can you imagine the experience of watching your team win in an arena like that? There'd be nothing else to match it. Would be the only attraction.

Sunderland still getting 40k crowds and they have a dire team to watch. They gained 20ksupporters. City gained 10k with our move from Maine Rd. I appreciate this is on a different scale

When as a little boy I first started watching City it wasn't the team in blue, but the sheer size and drama in the stadium. I particularly remember the little gloing ends of the cigarettes dotted aroud the ground. I know we're into none-smoking now, but the point is watching a game in an arena like that would be unforgettable, and if the team at the centre is winning you'd be back week after week

you sure would it be unbelivable success brings a lot of things. im sure there are 1000's on non barca fans in the nou camp (not including away fans) but just go for the stadium i know i'd be 1 of them anyway if i went to the nou camp.

i agree with the sunderland comment but these are the most fickle fans in england imo when their doing well they be there but when their doing shit their nowhere to be seen

If a new stadium is to be built then I'd expect capacity to be a non-issue. Modern stadiums - like the Millenium Stadium - can close off sections of the ground anyway. What really matters for our owners IMHO is, if they can achieve success on the the the pitch, the next generation of football fans in Greater-Manchester has the chance to be blue.

I'd also expect the new stadium, if it goes ahead, to be designed in such a way that it's capabable of hosting football, athletics, boxing, music events and major conferences. So a retractable pitch, the best conference facilities and maybe even retractable stands.

Our owners bought MCFC to shine some of the attention on their region, their Emirate. So, I'd expect them to want the world's flagship sporting events at their stadium.

Large stadiums don't create more support.

We don't want to end up like Darlington.

We only took 6.5k to the Millenium in our first European away for a generation only 3 hours drive away.

You don't need to fill a 100k stadium week in week out for it to look and sound impressive.

Get your cameras right so empty seats are out of shot. Dim lighting in sections that are closed off and have them painted a dark colour so empty seats don't stand out.

Stack the lower tier and fill the ground upwards, get the acoustics right and it could still be superb

I've sat in many a 40k plus crowd at the MCG (capacity now over 100k), atmosphere has been great and it hasn't looked stupid at all.

Then for those games we can draw 100k too.....wow.

It would be worth it just for that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.