Possible new stadium - some interesting information

Corky said:
Large stadiums don't create more support.

We don't want to end up like Darlington.

We only took 6.5k to the Millenium in our first European away for a generation only 3 hours drive away.
???
1. three hours to cardiff? not from manc mate and during the day
2. first euro away, not genuine as we were 5-0 up from the first leg and wales is not exactly quintessential europe
3. wtf has it to do with the size of our home stadium proposals?

squirtyflower said:
Corky said:

We only took 6.5k to the Millenium in our first European away for a generation only 3 hours drive away.
???
1. three hours to cardiff? not from manc mate and during the day
2. first euro away, not genuine as we were 5-0 up from the first leg and wales is not exactly quintessential europe
3. wtf has it to do with the size of our home stadium proposals?

Why comment at all then?

The tickets went on sale at lower prices before the first leg was played. I got back in under 3 hours so know how quickly it can be done, the same with Bristol.

I think some on here don't understand how you can build a 100k stadium & as with the Canadian/American stadiums turn them into whatever size you want without it being visible.
Do a search on stadiums & you will understand how it can be done.
We need someone on this thread that has worked on stadium architecture.

bluemanc said:
I think some on here don't understand how you can build a 100k stadium & as with the Canadian/American stadiums turn them into whatever size you want without it being visible.

Sorry fella, read this a few times and I've no idea what point you're trying to make.

Is it CoMS expansion, new stadium ?

Irish_Blue said:
bluemanc said:

Sorry fella, read this a few times and I've no idea what point you're trying to make.

Is it CoMS expansion, new stadium ?
Possible new stadium - some interesting information
New stadium,the 1st post is about us building a new stadium,keep up :)

Not sure if I am just getting excited but I spoke with someone at the club not so long ago and was told:

City Street is a short term fix... Does that mean it will be pulled down after a season or two and if so why..??

They are not prepared to lower capacity during expansion.. So how does this work then? Does that make the new stadium idea more believable?

The pictures in the paper were just artist impressions.. So does that mean not released by the club and not part of their plans?

The expansion will happen over a number of years and not be a big bang expansion... Think we are all aware of that one.

The planning permission issue already discussed is true, we can not now submit any plans until after the election, so nothing other than City Street will be in place by next season. The council are raising masive funds (£19M) for cleaning up land around the stadium <a class="postlink" href="http://www.crainsmanchesterbusiness.co.uk/article/20100325/FREE/100329921/-1/breaking" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.crainsmanchesterbusiness.co. ... 1/breaking</a>
As for COMS and the council. If we bought COMS the majority of the fee would have to be handed back to Sports England and the National Lottery, the council are not allowed to make a profit on the grants that were issued. If we do build a new stadium I would imagine COMS would be demolished and turned into a new venture with one off payments to Council, Lottery and Sports England.
Could we fill 100k stadia, probably not for football, but as stated before leave top sections empty, clever lighting or draped screens and they would not be seen.
Could we fill 100k stadia for concerts? Yes, easily, it has been done before and would mean less nights at same venue, so more variety of bands. We would also sell out for European Finals, Rangers would have filled a 100K stadia for us and then not had the issues in city centre and would be prime location for world cup finals, Olympics, Common wealth games etc with no need for additional investment, making bids more cost effective..

Maybe its not too far fetched to almost fill a 100k stadium...
As an VERY (!) rough approximation, if 30k season tickets @ £500 = 15m
then 80k @ £125= 10m
A shortfall of 5m would easily be exceeded by away fans and catering etc.
Question is could we gain 40-50k extra fans at a ridiculously low £125 per ST for a successful team..? maybe unlikely but I don't think its impossible..!

bluemanc said:

Okay mate, will try keep up :P

What about what you've said, in bold ?

Corky said:

Possibly the most bizarre post I have ever read on here ??

1 ) WTF has us getting a bigger capacity got anything to do with a club like Darlington

2 ) WTF has us getting a bigger capacity got to do with us playing a dead rubber against a non league standard Welsh team, 5 years ago ??????

Bizarre

Prophet of Doom said:
Corky said:

Possibly the most bizarre post I have ever read on here ??

1 ) WTF has us getting a bigger capacity got anything to do with a club like Darlington

2 ) WTF has us getting a bigger capacity got to do with us playing a dead rubber against a non league standard Welsh team, 5 years ago ??????

Bizarre
nearly as bizarre as his response above

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.