Possible new stadium - some interesting information

squirtyflower said:
Prophet of Doom said:
Possibly the most bizarre post I have ever read on here ??

1 ) WTF has us getting a bigger capacity got anything to do with a club like Darlington

2 ) WTF has us getting a bigger capacity got to do with us playing a dead rubber against a non league standard Welsh team, 5 years ago ??????

Bizarre
nearly as bizarre as his response above
I find Corky quite funny, he comes across as a multi personality kind of guy that is against everything but on the other hand is for it.

m27 said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
What about planning permission? The end of the season is 6 weeks away and they would need to have applied for and received planning permission yet no one has heard anything about this. Forgive me if I'm a bit dubious.

...and once an application is in it will be a 13 week period for such a major scheme and then it could get 'called in' if approved to delay it even further.....you're right to be dubious PB.

Who do you think is going to pay for the development around the ground and surrounding land? I can tell you now that the council dont have the funds but it's them doing the building works etc... How though? Because our owner has given them an interest free loan to do the works.... Do you think based on that, that if we wanted to develop the stadium etc that we would have to wait for planning permission? Think about it, if the builder is already selected then what happend to "putting out the tender for works" also???? Deals are done in this game, some under the table and some way in advance of planning permission being sorted or granted. If we want to get this done it will be done trouble free. I'm there working next week doing some work for Metrolink and we are due to head over to the stadium at some point to look at some secondery steel contracts so......
Doubt by all means though I would do the same.

not my fault! said:
Who do you think is going to pay for the development around the ground and surrounding land? I can tell you now that the council dont have the funds but it's them doing the building works etc... How though? Because our owner has given them an interest free loan to do the works.... Do you think based on that, that if we wanted to develop the stadium etc that we would have to wait for planning permission? Think about it, if the builder is already selected then what happend to "putting out the tender for works" also???? Deals are done in this game, some under the table and some way in advance of planning permission being sorted or granted. If we want to get this done it will be done trouble free. I'm there working next week doing some work for Metrolink and we are due to head over to the stadium at some point to look at some secondery steel contracts so......

Yes, we'd have to wait for planning permission. Maybe it would be a formality, maybe all kinds of things (e.g. who the contractors are) have been decided already, but they can't simply ignore the correct legal procedures. It's a bit like having to advertise public sector jobs even though the new appointee has already been identified - you still have to go through the proper channels.

Dyed Petya said:
not my fault! said:

Yes, we'd have to wait for planning permission. Maybe it would be a formality, maybe all kinds of things (e.g. who the contractors are) have been decided already, but they can't simply ignore the correct legal procedures. It's a bit like having to advertise public sector jobs even though the new appointee has already been identified - you still have to go through the proper channels.

Yeh understand that, maybe I should have worded it better. My point was although we may go through the motions we have everything in place and time wont be an issue. I'm sure paperwork would be rushed through etc plus I did state we "hoped" to start things at the end of this season, not that it was deff doing to happen.
I'm 32 so not some young kid who listens to made up stuff from his dad. My old man is a partner in an engeneering firm who do a lot of work for the chosen developer for the works, whenever they go ahead. Our firm has already been given the nod for the secondery steel works and other jobs on the site.
Also I did say in October that we had purchased the old chemical site and it was going to be our training ground but I was scoffed at then and low and behold we have now gone public with the fact we own it... No one had any proof of that though either yet I mentioned it months in advance! If the planning permission is already sorted then expect things to move quickly, just because we dont all know about it doesnt mean it isnt so! Either way, exciting times ahead.

not my fault! said:
m27 said:
...and once an application is in it will be a 13 week period for such a major scheme and then it could get 'called in' if approved to delay it even further.....you're right to be dubious PB.

Nobody is doubting you(at least I'm not), but there is no way the stadium project will start this Summer, as you stated.(not having a pop) Perhaps contracts have already been awarded, but that would imply plans have already been drawn up for redeveloping COMS or for building a brand new stadium.

Again, this implies construction costings have already been done by the contractor/s. This would obviously mean that one of the above proposals is much further on than anyone thinks. Also, with such a large project it would have to go to tender. There would be an outcry from the construction industry if construction contracts for any of those two proposals were awarded on the QT.

Another very important point to remember. If the above is true, then City have done this without asking the fans for their input. City have always stated that any redevelopment of COMS or a new stadium, neither have ever been officially confirmed, would be done with the fans wishes taken onboard.(surely they don't mean from Bluemoon alone?)

I look forward to your next bit of info. Perhaps you could put some 'specific' meat on the bone, without giving too much away. :-)

not my fault! said:
Dyed Petya said:

Yeh understand that, maybe I should have worded it better. My point was although we may go through the motions we have everything in place and time wont be an issue. I'm sure paperwork would be rushed through etc plus I did state we "hoped" to start things at the end of this season, not that it was deff doing to happen.
I'm 32 so not some young kid who listens to made up stuff from his dad. My old man is a partner in an engeneering firm who do a lot of work for the chosen developer for the works, whenever they go ahead. Our firm has already been given the nod for the secondery steel works and other jobs on the site.
Also I did say in October that we had purchased the old chemical site and it was going to be our training ground but I was scoffed at then and low and behold we have now gone public with the fact we own it... No one had any proof of that though either yet I mentioned it months in advance! If the planning permission is already sorted then expect things to move quickly, just because we dont all know about it doesnt mean it isnt so! Either way, exciting times ahead.
Are you sure you're not talking about the City Street here? That does seem to have planning permission lined up and will be built this close season.

But it's highly unlikely there be a major extension to CoMS if my information is correct.

city spent the summer moving all the office staff out of the stadium to the new offices at the main gate and spent a bit doing up the space below the stadium for the wharehouse to be based, they have now decided that this space and the new office is no longer big enough and are moving these departments off site for 2-3 years untill the new developments on the stadium are finished.

i know it nothing special but shows they plan to have the work done in 2-3 years

Corky said:
Large stadiums don't create more support.

We don't want to end up like Darlington.

We only took 6.5k to the Millenium in our first European away for a generation only 3 hours drive away.

without greatly exceeding the speed limit, all the way, there's no way cardiff can be done in three hours. i made that trip to watch us play european giants tns and it took five hours to get there. fuck me, it takes over an hour to get home from the coms with all the traffic. and i think we took more like 8,000 too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.